League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Around the league

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Around the league

Post by Stockton12 »

Around the league
Before the season starts Stockton takes a look at what’s going on around the csl teams .

Bamba asks for more minutes

Mohamed bambas rookie season was one of disappointment for him and the Jazz but he showed in the playoffs he deserves more minutes and rumor has it he has put in a request to be in the starting five next to KP and get more minutes then his rookie season or he wants to play elsewhere.

Boatright happy with trade

Ryan Boatright was a member of the Sacramento Kings but he was constantly stuck long in the rotation and was growing unhappy with his situation. Then came the talk he had with the kings gm who granted his request for a trade to a team who wanted to give him more minutes so he was shipped to the New York Knicks and now it’s his turn to show what he is capable of as Stockton has promised 20 minutes a game as their backup point guard

Will Oklahoma blow it up

The thunder won the championship last season And pressure is on them to repeat but will that happen ? Rumours of uncertainty within the roster clouds what they might do with also their cap situation and one injury could spell the end of a run as their depth is an issue if they don’t manage their roster properly .

Jabari wants a ring and a new gm

Jabari Parker loves philly and philly loves him but with a gm that’s not very active and a roster that needs more depth he has questioned what will the league do about Philadelphia as he feels it’s his home but would love to compete for a championship.

Parker contract expires this season and he is one of the best players in the league and any gm would love to have him as he’s a scoring machine so this season will be crucial for the 76ers and what they do .. the question is will he stay or will he go ?

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Around the league

Post by Andrewu91 »

Love the article. Would be pretty cool to see this on a biweekly basis
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am Love the article. Would be pretty cool to see this on a biweekly basis
I’ll see what I can do depending how many people comment might be longer and maybe once a month we shall see ..I need a format for it first ..plus when I’m back home
Last edited by Stockton12 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Great one Phil. Was hoping to see even more headlines!

Bamba / KP should be a good duo even if an odd fit with Porzingis dominating as C. Boatright was a good get and OKC should try to repeat so he’ll see it’s not that easy when you’re the defending champs and everyone is trying to dethrone you..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Also
#freeJabari
#homecoming

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 am Great one Phil. Was hoping to see even more headlines!

Bamba / KP should be a good duo even if an odd fit with Porzingis dominating as C. Boatright was a good get and OKC should try to repeat so he’ll see it’s not that easy when you’re the defending champs and everyone is trying to dethrone you..
Thanks Next will be longer ..just that I’m away atm

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Bamba was by no means a disappointment, we just didn't get him more minutes. He'll press Dieng for the starting role this year but a lackluster boost in his endurance is going to hurt. He'll be perfectly fine.

Good article tho, like the idea and comments.
Clown.Show.League

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Love the idea. Keep posting these.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 am
Around the league
Before the season starts Stockton takes a look at what’s going on around the csl teams .

Mohamed bambas rookie season was one of disappointment for him and the Jazz but he showed in the playoffs he deserves more minutes and rumor has it he has put in a request to be in the starting five next to KP and get more minutes then his rookie season or he wants to play elsewhere.
Yeah he has and his TC was underwhelming as well. Love him Irl but SO GLAD Utah GM didn't do the trade I proposed prior to last season's draft which included the pick (which was originally mine) on Bamba.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 pm
Around the league

Yeah he has and his TC was underwhelming as well. Love him Irl but SO GLAD Utah GM didn't do the trade I proposed prior to last season's draft which included the pick (which was originally mine) on Bamba.
The offer must have been just as underwhelming Willy because I honestly don't remember it at all. . .

Interestingly enough, he had a decent second TC with +16, is still only 20 and has better ratings, besides SCR, than Embiid. Which is okay because we don't need or want him to score.

Thanks for keeping a close eye on his development, though. Cheers.
Clown.Show.League

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Nice article. Jabari will be here after next off-season ;)
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Ocons wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm
WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 pm
Around the league

The offer must have been just as underwhelming Willy because I honestly don't remember it at all. . .

Interestingly enough, he had a decent second TC with +16, is still only 20 and has better ratings, besides SCR, than Embiid. Which is okay because we don't need or want him to score.

Thanks for keeping a close eye on his development, though. Cheers.
No worries, I understand your feelings and since it's long passed the offer was:

Drummond for Cotton + my pick (#7 which I would've drafted Mo Bamba) + Utah '22 1st

Very small price as I would've moved Drummond prior to his return from injury since I couldn't see what he would do with our team I wouldn't have missed him as much.

Most GM's in the League do that deal without hesitation or negotiating, you countered S&T Dieng and Ish Smith talks ended lol, no biggie but yeah I thought Bamba would be better than his development so it was a fantastic thing for me you said no :D

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Ah, ok. I still say no. Drummond is trash.
Clown.Show.League

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Ocons wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm Ah, ok. I still say no. Drummond is trash.
Maybe you should've said yes, Embiid wouldn't have done KrispTrash Poor-Zingis for 17pts 22rebs

:lol: "Pride cometh before the fall" :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good stuff man, I think it will be awesome to see this kind of updates monthly! Good idea.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice idea Phil!! I like it.

Damned, will not have the money for Parker ...

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 pm
Ocons wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm Ah, ok. I still say no. Drummond is trash.
Maybe you should've said yes, Embiid wouldn't have done KrispTrash Poor-Zingis for 17pts 22rebs

Get a room you two :D ..

Thanks for the input everyone ..

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

This is great, like others mentioned I'd love to see this become a regular thing. If I was a rebuilding team I'd be targeting Bamba heavily.
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I wouldn’t have done that deal in Kevin’s place, Willy.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 pm

I wouldn’t have done that deal in Kevin’s place, Willy.
Of course you wouldn't.

You'd offer toilet paper player and a 2nd with 2 paragraphs of how beneficial it is for me to do the trade lol

ORLANDO
MAGIC: