League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Free Agency System

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Re: Free Agency System

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 am I definitely did a mistake by naming McL as an example haha. Even though I think fair and realistic would be 13-14m per year with basic raisings..
PA shouldn’t read this posts ;P
A higher minimum would work, then around day 10 the minimum starts slowly decreasing. Basically use DDSs system but insert our own numbers based on our more advanced formula. There are also some really interesting things we can do with play for winner and playing time.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Okay guys, we got your feedback loud and clear. Got your PMs and FB messages and everything. We’ll go with DDS for this FA, for all players. Jon and I will discuss PAs moving forward and will give you all plenty of heads up before we change systems, if we do again.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Silogical wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 am Didnt you guys get away from Player Agents because it was a disaster? If the goal is to prevent a player from leaving its home team why not just make it: if a home team gives their player a full max they are guaranteed to sign the player. If the home team desnt want to hand out a max contract then DDS handles it.

Will the Agents let everyone know what a player is looking for, and if the player will sign soon?
Will the in game rating greed/play for winner/playing time/loyalty be taken into consideration?
Not necessarily.
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Anyway I'm fine with whatever the admin team decides. I will say this because Dame left due to an in game decision I kind of took it on the chin and moved on. If a player agent system was in place and I lost Dame/Noel/Henson/Dekker I might have flipped out and left. I guess no matter what system is in place, the most important thing is consistency. The thing is I don't want to see GM's start attacking the player agents if things don't go their way. I've seen that in the past.
Myles wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 am Okay guys, we got your feedback loud and clear. Got your PMs and FB messages and everything. We’ll go with DDS for this FA, for all players. Jon and I will discuss PAs moving forward and will give you all plenty of heads up before we change systems, if we do again.
Sounds good! Always appretiate the work you guys put in to make this league a success.
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Myles wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 am Okay guys, we got your feedback loud and clear. Got your PMs and FB messages and everything. We’ll go with DDS for this FA, for all players. Jon and I will discuss PAs moving forward and will give you all plenty of heads up before we change systems, if we do again.
:( all good though. I understand guys not wanting to change like 2 days before it's supposed to start. totally get that

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah I liked Sil's idea but like we aren't changing due to last season dds decisions,

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Good decision!
Me too will be good with every admin team decision, one way or another but it seemed a little on short notice.
Now there is plenty of time to think about a possible PA system for next off-season.
Last edited by Flaming Homer on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I’m all in for the PAs but indeed it seems odd to have an hybrid system plus so little time to set up a new system that could very well fail.
Now there’s time to plan a new system and change it for next season, hopefully.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Didn’t the NLL used to have a spreadsheet system they used that took into account player personalities and team records, depth chart and playing time?

Also, if I can get the scouting app up and running I’m thinking the next move could be coming up with a free agency system we could run on the web app. Just thinking out loud and have zero ideas of how to handle that at this point but just brainstorming.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

A friend and I ran a 2k league in which both of us controlled 15 teams. When doing free agency, we discussed every players chances for signing with a team that offered them a contract and assigned them numbers between 1-20 according to how likeley they're to sign with a team. Then we rolled a d20 dice to see the result.

e.g.
Lebron James irl last season

Stays with Cavaliers: 1-7
Signs with Lakers: 8-14
Signs with Rockets: 16-18
Signs with 76ers: 19-20
(Just an example, not the odds we really used)

We took into consideration the team's chances of winning the league, making into playoffs, amount of money offered, contract length etc.

It does the trick but takes a lot of time to do it correctly.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

if you roll a 15 does he retire?

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Smart decision to stay pure DDS. A hybrid system would basically say “We’re trying to keep players with their home teams”.

I’m personally of the either all PAs or all DDS camp, and I actually like the uncertainty of DDS - makes it exciting. Plus, it’s a lot less work for everyone if there’s no PAs and people can get salty at the game rather than people.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Gave Myles my suggestion, I’d say you guys could also suggest some logical system to implement if anyone is not satisfied with DDS FA.

Only thing i ask is that every player / GM be threated in the same way, in other words, remove any subjective decisions (or if you implement those, may these be for every player, not some, and under supervision, taking away some power from whoever decides something). This way it would be a fair system to everyone.

Silo’s idea of a spreadsheet for minimum salary values is solid for example, but give us some formula with the logic behind it explained..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

BizGilwalker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm if you roll a 15 does he retire?
Nah, he plays until 45. :D