League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Choke City Podcast - CSL 2023 Draft Analysis

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Choke City Podcast - CSL 2023 Draft Analysis

Post by GreenBear »

The Choke City Podcast is back! Brett and Marcos join me as we discuss the CSL 2023 Draft, pick by pick.

The analysis was broken up into 2 parts. Listen to it on YouTube or download the mp3 file and listen whenever/wherever.

Hope you enjoy!

Picks 1-10: 3 mins spent on each player
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb9m2R8_sw4
mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nzmcy5yedw1s ... 0.mp3?dl=0

Picks 11-30: 2 mins spent on picks 11-20, 1 min spent on picks 21-30
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7k3hu16Do
mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ua5fw60nv9b8 ... 0.mp3?dl=0

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Re: Choke City Podcast - CSL 2023 Draft Analysis

Post by drumr »

Yeahhhhhh I'm about to sit down and give this a listen. Thanks guys!
Cleveland Cavaliers

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Lol 3 minutes on Porter and nobody mentioned how raw he is. Y’all act like he’s guaranteed but he’s super raw.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Listened to the first podcast great job thou it was hard to hear brett and what he was saying

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I haven't yet listened to it... just skipped around to the Porter pick because I'm self-centered :lol:

I definitely viewed Porter as the best player available after Gates was off the board. I think one of the Bridges or even Harrison might have been a more traditional fit, but Porter has franchise scoring potential and that's not something I would turn down for a potential Justin Anderson, Elfrid Payton, or even Khris Middleton, even if he's raw as hell.

I'll keep options open just in case that right offer comes and blows me away, but I really did draft him to keep. He'll get his opportunities this year to contribute decent minutes this year. Eventually Kemba is going to age and be more of an Iguodala type rather than a real scoring option, and at that point, I hope that Porter will be ready to be part of the much younger Big 3 here. Hoping this pick sets us up to win now and the future.

And I do see him as a 4, who can develop the ability to play the 3 if his defense improves. Though we'll see whether DDS 19 throws a wrench in that, I have no idea what to expect.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Great job guys. Just a minor comment (not content related) that also applies to other podcasts ... the tonic syllable in my name is the first one. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

mgtr81 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 pm Great job guys. Just a minor comment (not content related) that also applies to other podcasts ... the tonic syllable in my name is the first one. ;)
Oh so it's MAnu? Cool! Sorry bout that man!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Listened to some of it, and will finish it later on. Glad to hear this podcast will become a regular occurrence again! It's always fun to listen to other GMs' insights.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Great recap and great to get a draft team member on the show. Interesting takes in some of the guys and I liked that you all said where some players were on your own boards.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Marcos showing me some love. Even though he was smirking when they asked what I gave up for #23 lol. Too much but I need my role players.

Btw good podcast. Couldn't hear Brett though
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Enjoyed it a lot! As I told Marcos in the league chat, I think he only got the low-end for Collins because his m2m defense is elite. Hopefully we can compensate some for Blake's aging. There were some sound issues, but keep em coming. It's awesome to have another league pod.
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Appreciate the kind words. We'll work on getting any sound issues fixed for future podcasts. This podcast was more about getting back in the swing of things. Definitely planning on it being a regular thing.

For this episode, I didn't personally know much about the draftees. I focused my scouts on just a few guys (mostly PGs that sounded promising from the draft head articles). That being said, the draft is always exciting. Everyone thinks they just drafted a hall-of-famer haha. So I wanted to hear more about these players drafted, so I figured surrounding myself with a draft head and another GM that I know scouted a bunch would get the job done nicely, and they didn't disappoint. Shame we had some sound issues, but that can and will get fixed for next time.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:21 pm Appreciate the kind words. We'll work on getting any sound issues fixed for future podcasts. This podcast was more about getting back in the swing of things. Definitely planning on it being a regular thing.

For this episode, I didn't personally know much about the draftees. I focused my scouts on just a few guys (mostly PGs that sounded promising from the draft head articles). That being said, the draft is always exciting. Everyone thinks they just drafted a hall-of-famer haha. So I wanted to hear more about these players drafted, so I figured surrounding myself with a draft head and another GM that I know scouted a bunch would get the job done nicely, and they didn't disappoint. Shame we had some sound issues, but that can and will get fixed for next time.

Regardless, you managed to pull a couple of quality GM's. So was interesting to hear. Enjoyed it. Better than my podcast.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

In the middle of listening to it, I almost started talking to you Doug when you were asking about Miles Bridges and accidentally said “What do you think about him Myles, oh sorry, I mean Marcos” lol

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Listened to Part 1 :lol: was waiting to hear "what they thought about the trade" as it seemed Brett was also eluding to Mitchell but it went unanswered.

Harrison is gonna be an outstanding PG, I just don't wanna wait too long as my guys are up for FA this yr and I gotta make something happen

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Loving the podcasts and good groups of GMs to offer their input. Also liked that this went through the entire first round which was nice.

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 pm
GreenBear wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:21 pm Appreciate the kind words. We'll work on getting any sound issues fixed for future podcasts. This podcast was more about getting back in the swing of things. Definitely planning on it being a regular thing.

Regardless, you managed to pull a couple of quality GM's. So was interesting to hear. Enjoyed it. Better than my podcast.
Whatever happened to that podcast? I thought more were coming...

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Whatever happened to that podcast? I thought more were coming...
I wanted to do the second part this weekend, but Cleasby was under the weather and then busy with other projects.

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Well I would also love to hear that one on top of the first one you guys did (especially now that the ratings are out), but I was more talking about Andrew's podcast since he said he was going to start putting more of those out.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Podcast or die.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis