League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Podcast - featuring myself

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: CSL Podcast - featuring myself

Post by GreenBear »

Haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but did find the part about my Suns. I don't disagree with most of your assessment: we do probably need to consolidate a bit. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what we have first, since a lot of our pieces are young. But I'll look to make some moves as the season wears on.

The only thing I disagreed with is you saying we don't have a #1 or #2 option on offense. Taylor is averaging 22.2 ppg in only 28.5 minutes (the nice thing about our depth is that none of our starters have to play over 30 minutes during the regular season). And those points are coming on 62% TS%. If you think that's only good enough to be a #3... then I don't know what else to say.

Is he a bonafide #1 Megastar in the mold of Parker/Harden/PG/etc.? No, but the myth of needing a "Megastar" to win a title has pretty much been dispelled at this point. Don't get me wrong, it certainly helps, but there are various team constructs that can be successful enough to win a title.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm Haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but did find the part about my Suns. I don't disagree with most of your assessment: we do probably need to consolidate a bit. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what we have first, since a lot of our pieces are young. But I'll look to make some moves as the season wears on.

The only thing I disagreed with is you saying we don't have a #1 or #2 option on offense. Taylor is averaging 22.2 ppg in only 28.5 minutes (the nice thing about our depth is that none of our starters have to play over 30 minutes during the regular season). And those points are coming on 62% TS%. If you think that's only good enough to be a #3... then I don't know what else to say.

Is he a bonafide #1 Megastar in the mold of Parker/Harden/PG/etc.? No, but the myth of needing a "Megastar" to win a title has pretty much been dispelled at this point. Don't get me wrong, it certainly helps, but there are various team constructs that can be successful enough to win a title.
Send me Taylor, plz.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Screw Taylor. Send me Donovan Mitchell please. His potentials are nutso dat boy think he Kobe.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Just had time. Well about our team.. I think that skal dude is actually the best player on our team. His production is insane compared to his minutes per game. Also Fox now has slightly btter potentials than kyrie. So I expect him to be an all star rather sooner than later. We had luck though as it was a top heavy potential bonus draft. Wouldn't he have gotten a plus 10 like monk or ball, he would be an okayish 3rd starter instead.

Gordon is leading our second unit atm. I'm trying him out as C. That's why he's backing up skal. So far it looks like a good move. Has to be proven in the future though.

As some already said we are just trying to reduce minutes per player during the regular season. Also avoiding any intense strategies by only changing zone here and there. Rest is 1-5-1-1 till playoffs. So I hope we can be even better in the postseason - if we get there at full strength (please no jinx).
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

I like that I went from doing terribly the other night to all of a sudden doing a good job with the Clippers :lol: :lol:

But nah jokes aside all good from the other night, stuff happens, we move on. Overall I listened to most of it and I liked your analysis. I don't have much advice beyond what other people have said but I think you know what you're talking about and can give good insight, so future podcasts that have more of a structured layout and bringing on other GMs will be even better.

Good stuff Andrew, I enjoyed it.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

This looks awesome, I haven't had a chance to listen but I will. Great job Andrew.
Ball is Life.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 am You nailed us too. Last year without Westbrook, it hurt and outside of Porter (who isn't volume), we couldn't shoot from the outside. Normally it's not an issue for us because we have Westbrook but without, it becomes one and you did great exploiting that in our series.

I feel like we're different now though. We're pushing Derrick White's perimeter game and Porter can still shoot plus we drafted Adams (no volume) but we can at least put the odd weapon out there now if we need to. Westbrook coming back for the post season might make all that a moot point anyway.
Yeah. I tried the 9/9/1/1 this year and we split the series. Maybe White keeps performing good and when Westy comes back, definitely the favorites.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm I personally thought it was entertaining. The video aspect of it definitely adds to it since we all don't get to really see/hear how each other are in real life, but the side commentary was the best part IMO. If you can get it to one video (instead of four parts) and get another GM or two involved occasionally, it would be a good thing to keep going.

As for us, Portis was a placeholder until Bam "Bam Bigelow" Adebayo came back from his injury.
Yeah. I wanted to try something unique and different. After watching it, maybe I would be a good radio host lol.

And ahhh okay, regarding Bam, makes sense then.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm Haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but did find the part about my Suns. I don't disagree with most of your assessment: we do probably need to consolidate a bit. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what we have first, since a lot of our pieces are young. But I'll look to make some moves as the season wears on.

For some reason, I've been seeing Taylor foul a lot? 22.2ppg in 28mpg but 3 fouls a game. Imagine in a 7 game series, him defending against an elite guard. Maybe Mitchell will fill that void.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dylan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:34 pm I like that I went from doing terribly the other night to all of a sudden doing a good job with the Clippers :lol: :lol:

But nah jokes aside all good from the other night, stuff happens, we move on. Overall I listened to most of it and I liked your analysis. I don't have much advice beyond what other people have said but I think you know what you're talking about and can give good insight, so future podcasts that have more of a structured layout and bringing on other GMs will be even better.

Good stuff Andrew, I enjoyed it.
Yeah. Doing a good job with the roster you have. Started off horrible and Sims have hovered around 500.

Yeah I agree with the structure part.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

blackice wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 am This looks awesome, I haven't had a chance to listen but I will. Great job Andrew.
Sorry for calling you bt. Always get you guys mixed up lol

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Lillard was pretty bad throughout the playoffs not just against you. Smith/Simmons/Layman carried me, when Smith got injurred it all went downhill. Lillard didnt step up. I even benched lillard a game when he was at like 96% vs Boston, we held Boston to 84 points on the road in that one.

I watched part two is was really good, you have to keep these podcasts going.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 am

For some reason, I've been seeing Taylor foul a lot? 22.2ppg in 28mpg but 3 fouls a game. Imagine in a 7 game series, him defending against an elite guard. Maybe Mitchell will fill that void.
Mitchell is a fat rookie that is nowhere near ready. He's at least 2 years away from being ready to start. Underestimate Taylor at your own risk. He's a much better #1 option than SJJ, that's for sure.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am Lillard was pretty bad throughout the playoffs not just against you. Smith/Simmons/Layman carried me, when Smith got injurred it all went downhill. Lillard didnt step up. I even benched lillard a game when he was at like 96% vs Boston, we held Boston to 84 points on the road in that one.

I watched part two is was really good, you have to keep these podcasts going.
Thanks. So far I've received mostly positive reviews. I want to make my podcasts sort of different. No filter/say what's on your mind type. Not sure what I have planned, but if I think of something, better believe i will make a podcast lol. Not sure when my next podcast will be, but if anyone wants to link up and make a podcast together, I'm down.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 am

Mitchell is a fat rookie that is nowhere near ready. He's at least 2 years away from being ready to start. Underestimate Taylor at your own risk. He's a much better #1 option than SJJ, that's for sure.
Agree to disagree. Let's find out next game haha

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Good job Andrew!
Most of the time I focus on planning around the Hawks. So it was good to have a compressed take on all other teams.