League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 16 - [joined by Myles and wms02a] Western Conference Preview

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 16 - [joined by Myles and wms02a] Western Conference Preview

Post by Cleasby »

Joined this time by Myles and wms02a
Items covered this episode
1. Western Conference Preview
2. Denver a playoff team? Crazy!

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch

Episode link - https://youtu.be/_xS5w5hdOHs
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 16 - [joined by Myles and wms02a] Western Conference Preview

Post by Myles »

Thanks for having me on again Chris! I know this was a little late but it was fun

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 16 - [joined by Myles and wms02a] Western Conference Preview

Post by KW »

Listened to the first bit, and I think Myles pretty much nailed my Kevin Love situation. He's helping us build a good amount of separation from the .500 mark. He's coming up big in almost every tough game and was the clear leader in our wins over Detroit, Portland, Washington, and Memphis, so I'm going to let him keep doing that till an offer comes along that gets me the right pieces.

Whether that offer happens this season, the offseason, or next season, I'll wait and keep getting production out of him. I really like what he's giving us. He's allowing me to keep everyone's minutes down, especially KAT's, which is critical because I need to save him for when it matters most. Nobody on my roster is playing 30mpg and I plan to keep it that way as long as I can help it.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Really nice podcast.

I think we're overachieving at the moment. It's still early, so time will tell, but we've had a bit more home games than away so far. We're an overwhelmingly deep team with a couple top tier players, but I think the Kings are the top team in the West. You guys were spot on when you mentioned they're steam-rolling teams and don't even have their starting center. They're going to be very, very scary when Nurkic comes back. I just hope injuries don't set them (or anyone) back this year. Never want to see that.

Hats off to Utah so far. I knew they'd be good, but didn't quite expect them to play this well. Kristaps seems to finally be hitting his potential. This is also the deepest team Kevin's ever had, and he's having much more success. I'm baffled by OKC's struggles so far. I think they'll put it together eventually though, there's just too much talent not to. They just have to figure out rotations that work best. Too many high scorers on that team playing together is hurting them. If they can move a pure scorer for a well-rounded, efficient defender, I think they'd benefit.

Houston is the surprise in the Southwest so far. They have a lot of talent and should easily make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll win the division. I still think Dallas will pull it out. Maybe I'm just saying this because they always play so well against me, but I also think Memphis will be right there. New Orleans can beat anyone thanks to having AD on the roster, but I don't think they're a threat right now. Not enough talent around AD.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Thanks Chris for letting me join the podcast. Had a blast participating!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Good podcast guys and the West is in for another battle, but the tides are definitely changing and the only true powerhouse seems to be the Kings and Suns now. I think Utah is good, but still doesn’t compare to either of them.

Also, it should be a requirement that every podcast involves at least 10 minutes of discussion around Mario Hezonja.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Very entertaining cast, mostly I don't have time to listen but i enjoyed this one.

And can't argue with it. Sacramento and Phoenix seems a step ahead.
Utah is in my book the most surprising team so far, I didn't think they will gel so quick.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Finally finished listening to this, well done guys. Houston's fast start has been very intriguing, as Kevin Love hasn't really been playing as efficient as he was in MINN, but he seems to fit well with KAT, as KAT is balling out so far. That whole Southwest division will be a blood bath.

As for the rest of the west, I think in the end it's still going to be Sacramento/Phoenix, as they both have very talented rosters, and have enough depth to where even if a starter went down, they still have good replacements that can step right in.
Big changes are coming in D.C.