League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 15 - [joined by Myles and Marcos] Is there anything like free agency?

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 15 - [joined by Myles and Marcos] Is there anything like free agency?

Post by Cleasby »

Joined this time by Myles and Marcos
Items covered this episode
1. Trades blockbusters chaos and a Myles rant.
2. Free agency signings

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch

Episode link - https://youtu.be/3whMlyJP-24
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 15 - [joined by Myles and Marcos] Is there anything like free agency?

Post by Andrewu91 »

Good podcast.

To answer a few things for Myles:

Dumped salary and #24 pick. Without it, can't afford Bledsoe or MKG on team

Also, with the contracts being thrown out there this free agency and for defensive big men, why play around and save 2million on qi? If Marcos offered him max, I can't match because I would have went over hard cap. Gave him what he wanted and called it a day. No messing around haha. He's always moveable if I want to go that route. Ask WCS ;)

Also I would have said no to Austin in place of MKG. Was MKG or no deal at all. Austin and Stanley down low? Lol

But good podcast. Enjoyed listening
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 15 - [joined by Myles and Marcos] Is there anything like free agency?

Post by Myles »

I was going to respond and then I read the whole comment. Lmao

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Myles wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm I was going to respond and then I read the whole comment. Lmao
Respond. I responded to you

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Great stuff guys, great to hear Marcos's voice again haha. This has been a wild free agency thus far, might be the most money spent free agency we have had in a long time.

Thanks for the love with the Taveras deal, I hope we can make a deep playoff run from it.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 am Great stuff guys, great to hear Marcos's voice again haha. This has been a wild free agency thus far, might be the most money spent free agency we have had in a long time.

Thanks for the love with the Taveras deal, I hope we can make a deep playoff run from it.
Must feel great to hear me speaking like three or four times the same word cause of mispronunciation hahaha :D
Last edited by Marcos_Beck on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Lmao, it happens to the best of us! You guys did very well.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Great content here (and no audio issues :) ). I was curious myself as to how the Knicks-Bulls trade went down, so it was nice insight from Marcos and it makes sense. In a vacuum you think "why did the Knicks get so little value for a guy like Jordan", but then you realize that the Bulls were probably the only team that would take on Jordan's $20m+ contract the next couple seasons without requiring extra assets be added.

I'm curious to see how the Bulls play. A lot of new pieces there, so it'll be interesting.

As for my Suns after the Bledsoe-MKG trade, we'll be just fine. Will we win the conference? Doubtful unless we get lucky like an impact player falls into our lap via a trade or something. But we still have Taylor/Okaro/Austin leading the way and our depth is probably unmatched throughout the league (I seriously have no idea how I'm going to spread the minutes around).

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 pm Also I would have said no to Austin in place of MKG. Was MKG or no deal at all. Austin and Stanley down low? Lol
While MKG does fit SJJ well (I mean they both can go by 3 letters which is good enough for me), I don't see how Austin and Stanley are necessarily a bad fit (which you're implying). The only thing Austin doesn't do well is rebound, and SJJ is one of the best in the CSL at rebounding. I think they'd fit just fine together.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Good job, very entertaining.

And I like the idea to bring the banana boat together ... how about I can amnesty a player for him :lol: :lol:

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 pm Also I would have said no to Austin in place of MKG. Was MKG or no deal at all. Austin and Stanley down low? Lol
While MKG does fit SJJ well (I mean they both can go by 3 letters which is good enough for me), I don't see how Austin and Stanley are necessarily a bad fit (which you're implying). The only thing Austin doesn't do well is rebound, and SJJ is one of the best in the CSL at rebounding. I think they'd fit just fine together.
I feel like Stanley and Austin down low on defense, would go terrible. With what I'm trying to do, MKG can switch from the 4 to the 3 where's if I had gotten Austin, I would have to play Stanley at power forward(who sucks at pf) sometimes as I don't see Austin as a full time 4.

Could they work? Probably, but not as much as MKG and Stanley down low works on defense and offense, with what I'm trying to build here in OKC.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think it can work. Probably need to stagger Austin/SJJ minutes to where one of them will pair with Zhou at all times. I think Zhou might be able to play some Pf.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm
I feel like Stanley and Austin down low on defense, would go terrible. With what I'm trying to do, MKG can switch from the 4 to the 3 where's if I had gotten Austin, I would have to play Stanley at power forward(who sucks at pf) sometimes as I don't see Austin as a full time 4.

Could they work? Probably, but not as much as MKG and Stanley down low works on defense and offense, with what I'm trying to build here in OKC.
Sure, MKG is the better fit next to Stanley if you want pure defense. I'm just saying that Austin is a good defender. Is he an all-defensive team player like MKG (or Qi would be if he played enough minutes)? No (very few are), but he's still a good defender and I doubt it would be the disaster you seem to think.

And play MKG at the 3 at your own risk. He's a little too heavy for SF and can't make many shots outside the post. There's a reason his value shot way up when I moved him to the post.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Sure, MKG is the better fit next to Stanley if you want pure defense. I'm just saying that Austin is a good defender. Is he an all-defensive team player like MKG (or Qi would be if he played enough minutes)? No (very few are), but he's still a good defender and I doubt it would be the disaster you seem to think.

And play MKG at the 3 at your own risk. He's a little too heavy for SF and can't make many shots outside the post. There's a reason his value shot way up when I moved him to the post.
Plus Austin is injury prone. Forgot to add that

But like you said, was all about fit. Just was never a big Austin fan like some others.