League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Day 30 Trade Podcast (with GreenBear and Cleasby)

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Day 30 Trade Podcast (with GreenBear and Cleasby)

Post by Myles »

We talk about most of the day 30 deals (the ones that matter anyway) and try to make sense of the madness.

Here's the MP3 link for your convenience: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yx2mj4eit3h3 ... 9.mp3?dl=0

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Day 30 Trade Podcast (with GreenBear and Cleasby)

Post by OneNole »

all hail maestro myles. great pod as always. i will disagree with cleasby in regards to the utah move. I do think Cotton is a large upgrade over Holiday. Not only for a fit perspective but I think he is a far more valuable player as well. PGs are just more valuable than SGs and while Jrue can play some point, he is ideally suited for the SG position.

I do see why the Spurs made the deal they made, but it wasnt very forward thinking. If they were smart they should have reached out to OKC and tried to acquire WCS with the first round pick they were acquiring from the Nets. He would have been a great fit next to Tavares. Not only did the Spurs downgrade in talent in this deal but they massively downgraded their defense. The one area where they could not afford to lose. They are now back in the same exact situation they were in last season but arguably worse plus a year older.

Wasn't really a fan of the knicks moves

the rest of the moves were all fairly minor and inconsequential.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Just watched it all. Definitely an insightful podcast about all the big trades. Good stuff

Regarding being the biggest loser according to Chris. On paper it might look like that, but WCS/Stanley front court did not work at all.

WCS/stanley - 117ppg allowed
Stanley/Carroll - 102.8ppg allowed

Fit just didn't work together and WCS was way too inconsistent. One night gives you 13-9-3-2, then another lays a goose egg of 2-6-2 and fouling out fast.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Yeah, I have to agree that I think the Cotton to Utah move is really being undersold here, and Stone's shift overstated. IMO Stone is one of the more overrated players in the league, which is why we never pursued him even when offered when we needed rebounding.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Nice podcast with a lot of trade reviewed. Even Myles dog had something to say :D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Awesome podcast, yet again.

As for our trade, Jrue is going to definitely see time at PG for us since I feel he is a fine PG, but we will see if I'm wrong, plus I like running Kemba at SG a little and this gives us that option back. Stone is likely getting shipped out based on some offers I've had since I have Harrell, Okafor, and Whiteside running the front court, but he's injury insurance at a minimum. And I really like the Kemba, Jrue, Dipo, KCP system that I can use at my 1-3 so we'll see what I do there, but I do want to see how this new group plays.

And I definitely hunted TJ down and wore him out with this trade since its the only way to get that ass hat to be active again and accept my trade. I also threatened his job security which helped, but we can keep that out of the investigation.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Every team that's tried Jrue at PG has found the results lackluster despite his ratings. As a SG, he's fantastic despite being much shorter than I personally like there. For whatever reason, he just doesn't click at PG in this engine. Up there with Ty Lawson in PGs I always find frustrating in the default roster file.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Finally finished listened to it, and I am happy to see the others view TT as a good upgrade over Stone. Petteway is a young 3 and D guy that has some intriguing ratings, but never got huge PT in Detroit due to depth. Hopefully he can excel here.

The amount of tabs opened by Myles was hilarious btw, well done on discussing all these deals, and hopefully I will have time to get on one soon.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Guys you forgot that minny/ knicks trade got rejected ...love the podcast

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Stockton12 wrote:Guys you forgot that minny/ knicks trade got rejected ...love the podcast
We recorded the podcast before the sim