League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Choke City Podcast - CSL 2023 Draft Analysis

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Choke City Podcast - CSL 2023 Draft Analysis

Post by Jestor »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 pm Well I would also love to hear that one on top of the first one you guys did (especially now that the ratings are out), but I was more talking about Andrew's podcast since he said he was going to start putting more of those out.
Ah, good point. Didn't see you quoted him. Yeah, it'd be great if Andrew did more podcasts. I know he wasn't perfectly happy with his first one, but doing more of them is how you get better.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Jestor wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:11 pm
emplep7 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 pm Well I would also love to hear that one on top of the first one you guys did (especially now that the ratings are out), but I was more talking about Andrew's podcast since he said he was going to start putting more of those out.
Ah, good point. Didn't see you quoted him. Yeah, it'd be great if Andrew did more podcasts. I know he wasn't perfectly happy with his first one, but doing more of them is how you get better.
I think it's easy to be hard on yourself when doing a podcast. It's trickier than you think to pull off a good one. You gotta keep yourself/guests from going on tangents, try to make sure there's minimal dead space/silence, etc. I'm personally working on getting better at the presentation side.

At the end of the day you just have to realize that it's all for fun. We're not professionals that do this every day with producers, writers, assistants, etc. Don't be too hard on yourself and just have fun with it. Like Tim said, it gets easier the more you do it. And listening to your podcast a few days after you do it helps you pick up on things you can improve on.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Starting a podcast it's just us guys' version of cutting our bangs.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:59 pm
At the end of the day you just have to realize that it's all for fun. We're not professionals that do this every day with producers, writers, assistants, etc. Don't be too hard on yourself and just have fun with it. Like Tim said, it gets easier the more you do it. And listening to your podcast a few days after you do it helps you pick up on things you can improve on.
*cough*. I know you're talking about podcast production, but it still amused me.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Maybe sometime in the future, when there hasn't been a podcast for a while. But while everyone is putting one out, I'm good haha
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson