League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Recruiting Commitments

geebob
General Manager

Re: Recruiting Commitments

Post by geebob »

Just lost a biggie... and some other players of interest signed elsewhere.

#62 PF Zach Mitchell commits to Purdue. I just couldn't get past his wish to play in the Big 10.

#66 SG Greg Bollman commits to BYU.

#92 C John Walker commits to Northwestern. (Nice recruiting class for Northwestern!)

#167 PF Javon Crawford commits to Minnesota. (My second choice PF; in hindsight I should have gone after him instead of Mitchell)

#248 PF Ken Prince commits to Northwestern.

#342 Keith Christian commits to Northwestern.

#407 SF Fred Scott commits to Xavier. (My scouting had him rated much higher than #407)

#443 C Antonio Jones commits to Valpo.

#952 Cliff Songaila commits to Wisconsin. (snigger)

SamTheMan7
General Manager

Post by SamTheMan7 »

Creighton snags a top 115 overall Shooting Guard.

Tyler Thompson
6-0
177lbs
Scoring: B
Passing: B
Ball handling: C
Defense: B
Inside: D
Outside: A
Overall B

With one of Creighton's top SG players, Matt Hamilton, graduating after the season, Tyler Thompson could have a big impact fro the team next year. Thompson is a guy that can play good defense even with being a little undersized. Thompson has the ability to stretch the floor and knock down 3's.

Creighton had a few good recruits that verbally committed to other teams.
Darius Warford is the 64th overall recruit from Kansas who I felt like I had a great shot at getting. He is going to Houston instead of staying close and going to Creighton or Kansas.
Jon Evans is the 180th overall recruit from Missouri was another guard I really wanted. He will be taking his talents to Creighton's out of conference rival Nebraska.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

SamTheMan7 wrote:Creighton snags a top 115 overall Shooting Guard.

Tyler Thompson
6-0
177lbs
Scoring: B
Passing: B
Ball handling: C
Defense: B
Inside: D
Outside: A
Overall B

With one of Creighton's top SG players, Matt Hamilton, graduating after the season, Tyler Thompson could have a big impact fro the team next year. Thompson is a guy that can play good defense even with being a little undersized. Thompson has the ability to stretch the floor and knock down 3's.

Creighton had a few good recruits that verbally committed to other teams.
Darius Warford is the 64th overall recruit from Kansas who I felt like I had a great shot at getting. He is going to Houston instead of staying close and going to Creighton or Kansas.
Jon Evans is the 180th overall recruit from Missouri was another guard I really wanted. He will be taking his talents to Creighton's out of conference rival Nebraska.
OUCH JON EVANS
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Nice get for DJ Baggins and Creighton as Tyler Thompson could be a huge addition for your program going forward.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

UMass Verbal Commitments

SF:Alan Stowers
5 Star Ranking
(JUCO)
Home State:Pennsylvania
National Ranking:41
National Position Ranking:12
6'8 217lbs
16.6 PPG
2.7 APG
4.7 RPG
4.2 SPG
1.7 BPG

PF:Calvin Morrison
5 Star Ranking
Named to the All Star team at the Big Apple Showcase
Home State:New Jersey
National Ranking:42
National Position Ranking:12
6'11 238lbs
17.9 PPG
1.9 APG
8.8 RPG
2.5 SPG
1.5 BPG

SG:Johnny Jackson
4 Star Ranking
Home state:Maine
National Ranking:48
National Position Ranking:7
6'5 211lbs
15.4 PPG
1.6 APG
4.5 RPG
2.4 SPG
0.7 BPG

C:Heath Walls
4 Star Ranking
Home state:New York
National Ranking:61
National Position Ranking:8
6'10 252lbs
14.7 PPG
3.0 APG
8.2 RPG
2.7 SPG
3.6 BPG

Went after
#2 overall Kevin Madison (FUTURE ANTHONY DAVIS OR KEVIN GARNETT) HAVE TO TRY
#6 overall Terrell Davali (Never could drum up enough interest)Offered and pulled a scholarship (went very hard)
#8 overall Mike Granger (Danny Granger's Nephew) *Couldn't Compete with Duke
#15 Garrick Hatcher *Really thought I had a good chance for awhile...
#19 Dave Boulware *Couldn't compete with North Carolina
#31 Brody Garnett (Kevin Garnett's Nephew) Indiana Just beat me out.. Rated #2 on his top 10
#32 Ross Hawkins (6'6 PG) was my #1 choice and I seemed to be wasting my time until I got verbals from everyone else now He's got me #2 on his list and I was impatient for sure will be watching this kid next year!
#46 Antonio Leach* #8 on his Top Ten but he's 6'6 and is a big man.. no thanks Big Baby Davis jr (he's going to make me eat my words)
#51 Micah Reid (if you asked me a couple sims ago he was gonna be my go to recruit but he just kept losing interest every sim
#76 Bradley Malone (Same as Reid he just kept drifting away from us as we went along
#101 Cliff Stone (Back up option)
#108 Malik Bland (Back up option)
#158 Korey Parker (Back up option)
#184 Kevin Selden (Back up option)
#308 Roy Tackett (Back up option)
#395 Adam Holden (Back up option)
#461 Danny Rhodes (Back up option) 7'0 306lbs
#473 Anthony Allen (Back up option) Cool Name
#726 Jeremy Palmer (Back up option)
#807 Jermaine Phillips (Back up option) 7'0 308lbs
#1042 Jayson Woods (Back up option) Cool Name 7'1 303lbs
#1297 Jesse Archibald (Back up option) 7'1 273lbs
#1317 Adam Grace (Back up option)
#1423 Marcus Williams (Back up option) 7'1 289lbs
#1629 Anthony Paige (Back up option)

*HAD OTHERS ON MY CALL LIST TOO BUT I DIDNT LIST SOME

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

My 3 guys committed and my training is setup. Therefore I assume nothing to do until first game?
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Chilikonkarne wrote:My 3 guys committed and my training is setup. Therefore I assume nothing to do until first game?
If you have your training and practice schedule finished, you would be good to go I would assume.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Chilikonkarne wrote:My 3 guys committed and my training is setup. Therefore I assume nothing to do until first game?
Correct!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

We are into a new month (just simmed to October 2nd in game) so recruiting rankings may changed. I'm interested to see where my three verbal commitments are now ranked compared to where they were before.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

dweatherston11
General Manager

Post by dweatherston11 »

Nebraska gets a second commitment this week, and only 1 more to come.
Joining PG Jon Evans, will be 6'4 SG Carl Shepard out of Langdon, North Dakota.

Shepard is a very capable outside shooter and passer. His athleticism is something that I was encouraged by, so I am hoping he can go on and become a strong shooting guard.

That is 2 guards recruited, so with 1 more to come it will likely be a Power or Small forward joining the Nebraska programme next season.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I lost one of the guys I was going after hard, and both of my backups for him also committed elsewhere. I'm not sure what to do now, this is frustrating.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Rizzo wrote:We are into a new month (just simmed to October 2nd in game) so recruiting rankings may changed. I'm interested to see where my three verbal commitments are now ranked compared to where they were before.
of course one of my verbals just took a nose dive in the rankings

they seem to fluctuate a lot. one guy at one point was top 150, fell to 1200 and now just went from 1200 to roughly 500 in one week
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

D.P. Galindo
General Manager

Post by D.P. Galindo »

Arizona State Commits 3

SG Micah Reid.....Geniune Blue Chipper 6' 0" 185
Winnacunnet H.S. Hampton, N.H. Nat: 51 Nat Pos: P Region over: 13 Region Pos: 3
Excellent Scorer A Good Passer B Outside Shooter Great A Ball Handler B Overall A

We expect Micah to start with a lot of playing time then eventually step right in as the team leader.

SF Tom Robinson Good role player 6'8" 214 Home Town Boy, lives 3miles from campus.
Marcos De Niza H.S. Tempe, Az. Nat.overall 456 Nat Pos. 80 Region Overall 71 Region Pos. 13
Good Shooter B Inside Scoring Good B Rebound C Athleticisim B Overall B
We expect Tom to give us points off the bench and good defense when playing Zone.

PF Zack Ilver A work in progress or maybe no progress 6'6" 215
Damien H.S. La Verne, Ca. Scoring Good B Inside Scoring Great A Outside Shooting B Good Overall C
National 838 National Pos 164 Regional Pos 30

Zack was signed by our EX regional Recruiting Director/ Scout . Rashon Bruno We found out too late that Zack was offered a Scholarship after Zack's sister ( a real looker) entertained Mr. Bruno with a few wild weekend at the family beach house in Malibu, Ca.

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

Marquette Signs Juco Sharpshooter

Highly-rated wingman Jason Roberts from Lafayette, Indiana has signed a letter of intent to play for the Marquette Golden Eagles next season. Roberts is currently rated as the #55 prospect nationally. Regarded as a top long range shooter, Roberts failed to qualify academically after graduating from high school. "I was pretty immature and the only thing I liked about school was basketball," said Roberts.

First year head coach Jeff Grossman seemed delighted when he met reporters today. "Normally I don't focus much on junior college players, as I like kids to develop and grow within our program, but when you see a talent like Jason you have to go after it."

Asked what he liked most about Roberts, Grossman answered quickly. "He's a good all-around player who can create his own shot and find open teammates when defenses collapse on him. " Roberts averaged 17 points, 1.5 assists, and 2.9 rebounds last season at Vincennes University in Indiana.
JasonRobers.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dweatherston11
General Manager

Post by dweatherston11 »

Myles wrote:I lost one of the guys I was going after hard, and both of my backups for him also committed elsewhere. I'm not sure what to do now, this is frustrating.
It can be very frustrating, I guess that is the fun of it too. It's risk reward. You can go all out for someone probably out your range and regret it as you lose out and end up settling for a local lad that isn't good enough. Alternatively dont offer and hope to get a solid walk-on.

This time I went conservative, I'm not happy with the Nerbaska roster at all, will take at least 3 seasons before I can think about challenging a seeded team.

Don_Black
General Manager

Post by Don_Black »

Texas fills it's lone scholarship of the season signing Reggie Greer ranked #15 in the nation out of Morehead Kentucky. Greer stands 6'8, 227 lbs and can score, is an excellent passer, rebounder, and defender. He also has nice touch from the mid-range area to go along with a big time ability to score inside. Greer projects to start right away as a true freshmen and make a nice 1-2 punch on the frontline with Center Chris Hite.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Don_Black wrote:Texas fills it's lone scholarship of the season signing Reggie Greer ranked #15 in the nation out of Morehead Kentucky. Greer stands 6'8, 227 lbs and can score, is an excellent passer, rebounder, and defender. He also has nice touch from the mid-range area to go along with a big time ability to score inside. Greer projects to start right away as a true freshmen and make a nice 1-2 punch on the frontline with Center Chris Hite.
#15 that's a huge get!

Likely the highest rated prospect NCAACSL coach!

Don_Black
General Manager

Post by Don_Black »

Mattybriand wrote:
Don_Black wrote:Texas fills it's lone scholarship of the season signing Reggie Greer ranked #15 in the nation out of Morehead Kentucky. Greer stands 6'8, 227 lbs and can score, is an excellent passer, rebounder, and defender. He also has nice touch from the mid-range area to go along with a big time ability to score inside. Greer projects to start right away as a true freshmen and make a nice 1-2 punch on the frontline with Center Chris Hite.
#15 that's a huge get!

Likely the highest rated prospect NCAACSL coach!

Thanks. I actually aimed higher at #11 for Center Greg Grey who is from Texas but decided to cross the Red River and take his talents to Oklahoma *gag*. Even though i'm coaching one of the more higher prestige teams among NCAACSL coaches this team is serious need of upper echelon talent. My top 2 guys are both Juniors and then everyone else after that is average at best. The goal is to challenge Kansas for Big XII titles and make deep tourney runs so Greer is the first step.

Oh and btw, your recruiting class does not pass the smell test and is very 90's Coach Cal-esque....but i'm not a snitch LOL

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

It will be interesting watching these players closely even the ones you lost out on! Make for some natural rivalries...

Btw I just went and took a peek at Greg Grey and Jesus 19.6 PPG 18.4 RPG 4.6 BPG

Ross Hawkins is gonna be a guy we will be watching closely at Georgia Tech! For sure a future CSL player!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

With the new month upon us, I wanted to check in on my verbal commitments' rankings. It is not pretty...

Center Michael Miller
#196 --> #417

Point Guard Chris Cosby
#479 --> #633

Point Guard Earl Nixon
#519 --> #964
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships