League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Recruiting Chatter

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Recruiting Chatter

Post by Rizzo »

I figured we might as well start a thread to talk about recruiting, discuss possible commitments or anything of the like!

Has anyone found a player after just one week that they would be confident in offering? I now at Drexel we have a player rated higher than I expected that has +++ interest in us. In a quick view of his game film we got some solid - yet unspectacular - ratings. We are hoping that after seeing him live we get some better intel but he would absolutely fit into the type of system we are trying to run. Let the chase begin for some recruits and hope that we eventually get some coaches in the same regions to start some serious recruiting battles.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Recruiting Chatter

Post by OneNole »

you dont offer right away? lol i offered to the two highest rated guys that showed +++ in us. lol even though we had +++ interest and still werent in his top 10

do you get a prestige drop or hurt if you revoke the scholarship?
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

OneNole wrote:you dont offer right away? lol i offered to the two highest rated guys that showed +++ in us. lol even though we had +++ interest and still werent in his top 10

do you get a prestige drop or hurt if you revoke the scholarship?
I don't think there is any prestige drop for revoking scholarships to recruits. I just want to get my eyes on a good handful of recruits before I give out my scholarships. I have three open scholarships so hoping that this initial class can set us up to run our system.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No idea, might check on Monday. Even though I think I might just give up here. I will never be at home on weekends, so losing 3 sims every week is a too big handicap to overcome.
However, pretty thankful that I got to know that game, it's fun in single player!
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

When you revoke, you can't change your mind later. Also no recruits declare until September at the earliest. Finally, the rankings change every month, and sometimes by a lot.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Myles wrote:When you revoke, you can't change your mind later. Also no recruits declare until September at the earliest. Finally, the rankings change every month, and sometimes by a lot.

Ive seen huge drops, but I've seen recruits drop and make it back up too
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Myles wrote:When you revoke, you can't change your mind later. Also no recruits declare until September at the earliest. Finally, the rankings change every month, and sometimes by a lot.
Great, glad to know I offered so early

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Dennis wrote:No idea, might check on Monday. Even though I think I might just give up here. I will never be at home on weekends, so losing 3 sims every week is a too big handicap to overcome.
However, pretty thankful that I got to know that game, it's fun in single player!
While we do plan on having one weekend sim a week, you should be able to export prior to the weekend to get your depth chart taken care of before Friday night hits. Right now we are only doing daily sims to get through the recruiting period to get to the start of the regular season as fast as possible. I think it will be very possible for you to be able to take care of business once the regular season starts. Completely your call though.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

OneNole wrote:
Great, glad to know I offered so early
I would keep your offers there until late August when you really need to make your decisions. I'll write up a recruiting guide this weekend

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

I'm trying to decide on taking the prestige hit to revoke one of my current scholarships. I think I can recruit a much better player and I have a couple of total duds.

I should have a good recruiting class if I can pry a couple away from Notre Dame and Wisconsin.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

geebob wrote:I'm trying to decide on taking the prestige hit to revoke one of my current scholarships. I think I can recruit a much better player and I have a couple of total duds.

I should have a good recruiting class if I can pry a couple away from Notre Dame and Wisconsin.
Remember, if you cut a player now you will get that scholarship to use next year.

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

Myles wrote:Remember, if you cut a player now you will get that scholarship to use next year.
That's my thinking. I think I will see how things go after the first round of campus visits.

dweatherston11
General Manager

Post by dweatherston11 »

So far not looking easy at Nebraska. Nothing good from NE so having to look eleswhere. Seems like everyone i look at likes Creighton...

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

We have a couple top 1000 prospects interested which is huge for us. I wasn't expecting anything above 1400 so I'm stoked. Also have my eye on a few top 600 guys with GPAs at 2.1 or below... pretty sure I'm going to save a scholarship for later on when some of those talented dumbasses become available.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Im putting all my eggs in on the guys that show *** ibterest. Hopefully two come

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

OneNole wrote:Im putting all my eggs in on the guys that show *** ibterest. Hopefully two come
Yeah definitely a smart tactic for the schools that have that... we have two guys with ** and one guy with *** interest

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

We have 6 or 7 with*** so not a lot and a couple arent great

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

OneNole wrote:We have 6 or 7 with*** so not a lot and a couple arent great
At Drexel, I'm trying to find a bunch of guys that will fit my system and the style I want to play. The players with +++ interest are not what we are looking for. The ones that do fit our style are refusing to come visit the campus. This is not going to be easy lol.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

OneNole wrote:We have 6 or 7 with*** so not a lot and a couple arent great
You can definitely increase that number. Focus on the best players, even if they have just + or ++. Campus visits can seriously influence recruits to up their interest to +++, especially if you have decent facilities or high recruiting ratings (your assistant in charge of recruiting matters here). You can easily influence players who show some interest. It's obviously not 100% of the time, but you've got a good shot.

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

Myles wrote:You can definitely increase that number.
Definitely! The biggest impact will be on visits to the recruit, where a good pitch can take you from outside the top 10 to the first choice. Having your pitch right and matching what the recruit is looking for matters the most.