League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trouble In San Antonio?

Moderator: TMZ

TMZ
Media Member

Trouble In San Antonio?

Post by TMZ »

We're back and better than ever! We have boots on the ground and the amount of insider sources we have gathered over the last several months with knock your socks off! With that said, here's the first bit of breaking news we have out of this off-season.

Davis Bertans asking out of San Antonio?

One anonymous Western Conference source seems to think so. When discussing the young mans future with the up-and-coming Spurs, he had this to say:
Davis [Bertans] wants nothing to do with that franchise anymore. He wasn't happy with how he was used in the playoffs when he felt he was healthy enough to play and he feels like that team isn't building around him like they should. There was a rumor leaked that star guard Terry Rozier went as far as sleeping with Davis' fiance while he was injured, which seemed to be the final straw.
While Rozier has been polarizing in his CSL career, this rumor would spark outrage from players all over the league and might make this relationship beyond repair.

Unfortunately for Bertans, he is a RFA and the Spurs own his rights but with him expected to command a full max extension due to his shooting from three there is the potential for a S&T.
I've heard of three teams reaching out for Bertans so far and I would bet a trade is agreed on in the coming days. He will not report back to that team as long as [Terry] Rozier and that coach are still there.
The Hot stove is heating up...

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Trouble In San Antonio?

Post by hardenwithnod »

It's time for Bertans, and Harrell to return to Washington.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Terry pulling the Tony Parker!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

LOL

Bertans was kind of a douche while he was here, according to my in game emails. Always fighting with someone, he deserved it :lol:

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

HHaha this is part of the game I don’t see since I don’t have the game.... either way he will be in SA next year unless Was has a good offer
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

He wasn’t used in the playoffs because he was injured lol
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions