League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Green and Lavine Feuding

Moderator: TMZ

TMZ
Media Member

Green and Lavine Feuding

Post by TMZ »

In what has been a mostly down season for the Memphis Grizzlies this season where they are stumbling out of the gate with the recent league-wide changes, recent news out from the team suggests that its two stars are not on the best of terms right now.

A source within the organization that wanted to remain anonymous said that Draymond Green and Zach Lavine are not on speaking terms right now and refuse to address each other. Initial reports stated that a fight between both players broke out during practice two weeks ago where you could hear Green yelling "This is my team now!" in the direction of Lavine.

Apparently there is division on the team with who should be the go-to-player for offense where they were successful in the past relying on the efficient Lavine to put the ball in the basket.
With the recent changes, Dray feels he should be the focal point of the offense since the league caters to his style of play, but Zach sees his numbers and the losses piling up and isn't going to take a back seat. A lot of the players feel they would be winning is Zach was doing what he did in the past." - Anonymous Team Source
When asked about this rumor, [Draymond] Green was quick to dispell them.
Next Question. [Reporter repeats question] I said next damn question! What are you not satisfying your wife in the bedroom so you gotta make up for it over here with me? I'm not answering that damn question so leave me the hell alone!
There is definitely a lack of chemistry on the court between the two of them and if this bad blood is spilling over, it could explain some of the problems this young team is facing right now. Will they look to move on from one of their stars? Only time will tell.

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Green and Lavine Feuding

Post by Ramcus »

Very interested to see how the Grizzlies bounce back from this poor start. They've got the right pieces to sell high on and start a true rebuild if they'd like. Otherwise, this team's in limbo, with a lot of expensive contracts and still having a poor record.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

That's a very Draymond Green like respond, lmao.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I think the Grizzlies can get out of this slump. Look at Houston, they started off bad and Kyrus figured out the right tactic that worked for their team and they are now playing as good as anyone in the league.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Lavine has been horrible this season. I'd be surprised he has a trade market :lol:
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:21 pm I think the Grizzlies can get out of this slump. Look at Houston, they started off bad and Kyrus figured out the right tactic that worked for their team and they are now playing as good as anyone in the league.
There's a very real chance that Memphis figures it out and makes a late push once finding the right strats, and unlocking LaVine could be very very similar to unlocking Monk.

First things first: Ulis and Green have to stop firing 12.6 and 13.7 shot attempts a game. They are not efficient scorers and never will be. They are, however terrific passers, and need to be instructed to do that. Ulis is probably only a couple instructions from being where he needs to be. Green needs more work. Those two have destroyed Memphis' offense this year by themselves in my opinion, with the deadly combo of horrific shooting and their status as ball-dominant players.

Second: I can only speak for my own team- but my 3-point shooting was a catastrophe in the Perimeter Focus offense, which I see Memphis is doing right now. Two things happened when I switched from Perimeter Focus to Pace&Space offense:

(1) Monk found way more shots in the offense and judging by %s they were better quality shots and
(2) Winslow conceded shots and touches to better offensive players that were actually good offensive players.

I'm wondering if you could see a similar dynamic with LaVine/Middleton and Draymond. If you haven't already, try pushing the pace and use the Pace&Space offense for a couple games. I think it will funnel shots to LaVine and Middleton, which is exactly what you should want.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Kyrus, I noticed you started making Winslow Drive/Kick more, which I agree needs to be done for Draymond even more so with him on Charlotte now. I still think Memphis can turn the corner if they want by testing some different offensive tactics out, but I feel like a lot of GMs are taking points away from their players Drive/Kick in favor of other Ball Actions and its been hurting their teams (resulting in the differences between this and the pre-season). I think its one of the most underrated and important BAs to make sure you have a good balance on offense and its showing with your team.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Lol I didn't even read this till now. Good eye!

Trading Green instantly increased LaVine's and Middleton's production, but then McAdoo went down for 2 months... Going to be a long long year...

I will give Ullis that Drive Kick instructions see if he stops shooting this much.

We will play pace and space as well see what happens...

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm Kyrus, I noticed you started making Winslow Drive/Kick more, which I agree needs to be done for Draymond even more so with him on Charlotte now. I still think Memphis can turn the corner if they want by testing some different offensive tactics out, but I feel like a lot of GMs are taking points away from their players Drive/Kick in favor of other Ball Actions and its been hurting their teams (resulting in the differences between this and the pre-season). I think its one of the most underrated and important BAs to make sure you have a good balance on offense and its showing with your team.
Yes. This too. Draymond will get helped a lot by additional drive kick since he's actually a great passer

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Do you want him to drive kick though? I would love to see him just pass more without leaving the corner
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 am Do you want him to drive kick though? I would love to see him just pass more without leaving the corner
I didn't love when he went 1/8 from 3 and 8 TOs.