League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Breaking news: Dimitrios Agravanis verballed

8time
Senior Vice President

Re: Breaking news: Dimitrios Agravanis verballed

Post by 8time »

Done trying to talk with the mods. Useless

None of my questions were answered. All I got were statements. Cute
I'll limit the way I manage my team just to make a few people "happy".

All good. But next time we have an issue, there's a thing right up there ^ called "personal message". Let's use it if there is an issue with anything.
Thanks

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

lol did not realized it was a "sent to all message" til i read this post...
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Weber-Richards-Hifi
IR: Phills
2W: Houstan-Okeke

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I only get like 1 trade offer per month so I don't mind being spammed by 8time :D

Agravanis is good, I'd jump on that trade if I wasn't stacked at PF/C
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

andrei wrote:I only get like 1 trade offer per month so I don't mind being spammed by 8time :D

Agravanis is good, I'd jump on that trade if I wasn't stacked at PF/C
same here, actually I think I did i once for Derozan in the past
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

8time wrote: You told me not to pm other GM's regarding trades because I'm spamming. Am I correct?
How many PM's did you receive from me? 1
Did I spam your inbox or spam the whole board with countless useless posts? Nope
If this was Stanley Johnson, would this still be an issue? Nope

So what's the issue?

And talk about respect, Jesus. I respect those who respect me. But if you come into the thread with some type of attitude, expect the same in return.

All in all, I'll still do it again because why is pm'ing GM's regarding player interest bad for the league or spam in general? I'm putting in calls about a player I want traded. Nothing wrong with that.

Like I had said, to the people who aren't GM's that got my pm, my bad.
But this is how I gm. I sent PM's out to everyone before and no problem.
Seems to me a few GM's had a bad night and trying to take it out on me.

And yes, you could have talked to me in PM's Doug if this was an issue instead of trying to strike down the law on the boards.
First off, you haven't even been listening (or willing to listen). Marcos explained why it's unacceptable. Go back and read his post again.

As for "escalating" the issue (if you want to call it that... all I did was warn you not to do it again), that was on you. This started off with I and some others just telling you not to do it again. Wasn't a big deal as you probably didn't realize it would annoy so many people. But instead of just acknowledging that you annoyed people and moving on, you just decided to argue with everyone and insinuated that you would keep doing it again.

And as for handling it via PMs, you threw that out the window when you publicly bragged about its effectiveness and encouraged other GMs to do the same thing. At that point, I simply posted to not do this again, as I didn't want other GMs to think this was okay. Then you started arguing and it went from there.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

GreenBear wrote:
8time wrote: You told me not to pm other GM's regarding trades because I'm spamming. Am I correct?
Did I spam your inbox or spam the whole board with countless useless posts? Nope

So what's the issue?

And talk about respect, Jesus. I respect those who respect me. But if you come into the thread with some type of attitude, expect the same in return.

All in all, I'll still do it again because why is pm'ing GM's regarding player interest bad for the league or spam in general? I'm putting in calls about a player I want traded. Nothing wrong with that.

Like I had said, to the people who aren't GM's that got my pm, my bad.
But this is how I gm. I sent PM's out to everyone before and no problem.
Seems to me a few GM's had a bad night and trying to take it out on me.

And yes, you could have talked to me in PM's Doug if this was an issue instead of trying to strike down the law on the boards.
First off, you haven't even been listening (or willing to listen). Marcos explained why it's unacceptable. Go back and read his post again.

As for "escalating" the issue (if you want to call it that... all I did was warn you not to do it again), that was on you. This started off with I and some others just telling you not to do it again. Wasn't a big deal as you probably didn't realize it would annoy so many people. But instead of just acknowledging that you annoyed people and moving on, you just decided to argue with everyone and insinuated that you would keep doing it again.

And as for handling it via PMs, you threw that out the window when you publicly bragged about its effectiveness and encouraged other GMs to do the same thing. At that point, I simply posted to not do this again, as I didn't want other GMs to think this was okay. Then you started arguing and it went from there.
So a few people got annoyed. Well maybe those few people shouldn't be GM's in this league then. I offered a player and they got annoyed about my pm? It's easy to ignore it.
Who are these "many" people that you say got annoyed?

The two posts above you, don't have a problem getting a pm about a trade. That's what this league is for, making trades and trying to improve. So if a gm has a problem with receiving a pm then they shouldn't be part of the league period.

I send PM's to try to make deals. Wasn't an issue before but all of a sudden it is because these "many" which I believe is bs people got annoyed.

Gotcha

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I think this result would explain okc's intelligence well
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

OneNole wrote:Image

I'm just waiting for my questions to be answered before I have a full understanding of the situation.

"You told me not to pm other GM's regarding trades because I'm spamming. Am I correct?

So what's the issue?"

I understand and few gm(not several) had an issue with my invoice of a player being available. If they didn't like it, tough luck. It's part of being a gm, receiving PM's about a player.

But still waiting for my questions to be answered. I'm still going to do what I usually do regardless since becoming a member two years ago. If you want to ban me, that's your choice. But I never spammed anything.

Good day.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think the main point is that there's a trade block for a reason for mass player advertisement, as GMs can choose to read it or not, and won't receive an e-mail notification from it. I think the big issue is that this mass PM tactice sends everyone an alert e-mail, which forces everyone to read it. GMs don't have a choice to ignore it.

Sure, one time is no biggie. But imagine everyone start doing this, then everyone's e-mail boxes will be blown up constantly, and it becomes annoying. As we all know not all GMs want to make trades, sometimes we want to stay put, and I suppose that this annoys those that don't want to deal at this time. From an admin perspective, I think they are more concerned with this setting a precedent for future GMs to start mass PMing about every single player on their trade block.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

1. No, PMing GMs regarding trades is not the issue. The issue is you sent a mass PM to everyone. If you want to private message GMs regarding trades, send individual PMs, hence why it's called a private message. If you had PMd every GM individually, there would have been no problem.
2. Yes we received one PM from you. As I stated earlier, the number of times something is done is not what makes it spam. Something can be spam even if only done once.
3. Yes, you spammed my inbox, as stated above. You did not spam the entire board, so there's a point in your favor.
4. Yes, had the mass PM been about SJJ, it still would have been an issue.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Let this thread DIE
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Mattybriand wrote:Let this thread DIE
Agreed
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

OneNole wrote:Image

Relax, take it easy Brett. The young gun made a mistake and won't do it again. No need to post pictures of your brothers work.
Enjoy the weekend guys.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

rh0xxy wrote:lol did not realized it was a "sent to all message" til i read this post...
:lol: me, too. I actually replied with a Guardians of the Galaxy gif saying "Who?" Had no idea it was sent to everyone due to how it was worded I guess...generic trade block ad for DA but I honestly thought it was personalized :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams