League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Breaking news: Dimitrios Agravanis verballed

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Breaking news: Dimitrios Agravanis also part of deal?

Post by Jestor »

Ocons wrote:
Myles wrote:Did you just PM everyone on the site about Agravanis?
I think it was just whoever was 'online' at the time. He can't contain himself.
Nope it was Registered Users, so literally the entire site

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

that was such a tease. I'm waiting on PMs from a couple teams and that email got me excited

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Yep

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Ok

8time
Senior Vice President

Re: Breaking news: Dimitrios Agravanis verballed

Post by 8time »

Quick update:

Dimitrios has been verballed to go to another team. After sending a league wide invoice, a few teams came calling back. Deal quickly reached.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Damn, it's time for me to try this mass advertisement tactic hahaha.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

hardenwithnod wrote:Damn, it's time for me to try this mass advertisement tactic hahaha.
No joke, it works. Make your voice heard. Lol

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

hardenwithnod wrote:Damn, it's time for me to try this mass advertisement tactic hahaha.
My email inbox begs you not to

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Do not do that again. Use your trade block. Do not spam the entire site.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

GreenBear wrote:Do not do that again. Use your trade block. Do not spam the entire site.
Wasn't spam. Just sent a pm to every gm.
If you don't like it, ignore it

Spamming the entire site would be posting about the guy in every other thread. Now that's considered spam. Pm'ing GM's regarding interest in the guy is called being a good gm.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

8time wrote:
GreenBear wrote:Do not do that again. Use your trade block. Do not spam the entire site.

Spamming the entire site would be posting about the guy in every other thread. Now that's considered spam. Pm'ing GM's regarding interest in the guy is called being a good gm.
Hey bud, this is one of those times where it's a good idea to listen to the guys who run the league.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Myles wrote:
8time wrote:

Hey bud, this is one of those times where it's a good idea to listen to the guys who run the league.
I'm good bud.
I know what spamming is and that wasn't spam.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

8time wrote: I'm good bud.
I know what spamming is and that wasn't spam.
Imagine if all teams PM each other regarding the availability of ONE player. And they make like 5 players available per season and all those need to be showcased via PM. Being MODEST here.

30*5 seems like span to me.
So when we ask you not to do it, we're asking on a bigger purpose.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

You sent a private message to literally all "Registered Users" aka every single person who ever registered for the site. That includes people who have never been a part of the CSL, such as the NCAA guys. All of those people got an email that they received a private message on this site. That is literally spam.

Also what Marcos said. It's the golden rule man, think about what it would mean if everyone did what you did. Come on Andrew, I know you are better than this.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

8time wrote:

Do it again and see what happens

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Myles wrote:You sent a private message to literally all "Registered Users" aka every single person who ever registered for the site. That includes people who have never been a part of the CSL, such as the NCAA guys. All of those people got an email that they received a private message on this site. That is literally spam.

Also what Marcos said. It's the golden rule man, think about what it would mean if everyone did what you did. Come on Andrew, I know you are better than this.
This. Shit like that will get CSL put on gmail and the likes spam filters, so people will then miss legitimate PM emails

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Myles wrote:You sent a private message to literally all "Registered Users" aka every single person who ever registered for the site. That includes people who have never been a part of the CSL, such as the NCAA guys. All of those people got an email that they received a private message on this site. That is literally spam.

How many PM's did you receive from me? 1
Did I spam your inbox? No. I sent a pm regarding interest in one player.

When a general manager puts a player on the trade block, they let every team know. This was my way of letting teams know of a player that was available. If the player was Stanley Johnson, would it have been still considered spamming?
Nope because anyone would love to answer back to a pm regarding Stanley Johnson

But because I sent 1 pm to each gm regarding a player that wasn't of great value, some GM's felt like it was a big deal and made it a big deal when it wasn't.

Regarding registered users, when I sent it I thought registered meant GM's currently active in the CSL. So for the other GM's that aren't in the league then my mistake.
Last edited by 8time on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

GreenBear wrote:
8time wrote:

Do it again and see what happens
There was no reason for a mod like you to escalate this with your tough guy attitude. No reason Doug.
But hey I'm going to keep being a gm. If you don't like it, ban me.

If you really had a problem with it, you.could have pm'ed me like a man. Instead of trying to be the internet police threatening to do something.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

8time wrote:
GreenBear wrote: Do it again and see what happens
There was no reason for a mod like you to escalate this with your tough guy attitude. No reason Doug.

If you really had a problem with it, you.could have pm'ed me like a man. Instead of trying to be the internet police threatening to do something.
I simply told you not to do that again, and you blew me off. Marcos explained it very nicely and you again completely blew him and everyone else off by basically saying you'll do it again and if we don't like it, tough shit. So since you're clearly not getting the message, I'm warning you that if you do it again, there will be consequences.

Have some respect and consideration for your fellow GMs and you'll get the same in return.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

GreenBear wrote:
8time wrote:
GreenBear wrote: Do it again and see what happens

I simply told you not to do that again, and you blew me off. Marcos explained it very nicely and you again completely blew him and everyone else off by basically saying you'll do it again and if we don't like it, tough shit. So since you're clearly not getting the message, I'm warning you that if you do it again, there will be consequences.

Have some respect and consideration for your fellow GMs and you'll get the same in return.
You told me not to pm other GM's regarding trades because I'm spamming. Am I correct?
How many PM's did you receive from me? 1
Did I spam your inbox or spam the whole board with countless useless posts? Nope
If this was Stanley Johnson, would this still be an issue? Nope

So what's the issue?

And talk about respect, Jesus. I respect those who respect me. But if you come into the thread with some type of attitude, expect the same in return.

All in all, I'll still do it again because why is pm'ing GM's regarding player interest bad for the league or spam in general? I'm putting in calls about a player I want traded. Nothing wrong with that.

Like I had said, to the people who aren't GM's that got my pm, my bad.
But this is how I gm. I sent PM's out to everyone before and no problem.
Seems to me a few GM's had a bad night and trying to take it out on me.

And yes, you could have talked to me in PM's Doug if this was an issue instead of trying to strike down the law on the boards.