League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Insider Leaks Some Cooler Talk

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Insider Leaks Some Cooler Talk

Post by NanashiWake »

According to a source close to the situations, there is active trade talk everywhere even with so few trades being executed in the early days of offseason basketball. We are potentially standing on a bubble of trades ready to burst. From either conference, foundations are about to be shaken.

First up, Atlanta is reportedly starting the ignition for the rebuild wagon with some deals reportedly being finished within as little as two messages. There is no doubt that lakeshowak7 has a clear intent when leaving the contending Trailblazers for NanashiWake and heading to Atlanta. Which players exactly are going to fit into the new look Hawks still remains to be seen.
Hawks F Frank Kaminsky has been discussed in a few deals according to anonymous sources.
In free agency news, F Mitch McGary has gained the attention of as many as four GMs and may receive as much as a max offer in the market. Detroit has already expressed their interest in retaining the upcoming CSL player however they have yet to be told whether or not he's leaning on returning to the Pistons.

The Spurs have reported traded G Marcus Smart and not only broke their verbal agreement for a rumored Klay Thompson trade but now it's being reported they wouldn't even respond to PMs as to why. Some sources are saying the Bulls GM Marcos_Beck told him it was a bad idea and he panicked. If so this would make two potential trades by Cleveland ruined by Chicago. Is this rivalry hitting a new level?
G Marcus Smart may be on the move from the San Antonio backcourt.
With G Delon Wright already seeing multiple articles published about teams' interest in acquiring him through free agency, Lakers GM Jester has been contacting organizations about moving up in the draft to get the player they target. Is there anyone that is untargetable on the Lakers' roster? Probably not.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

8time
Senior Vice President

Re: Insider Leaks Some Cooler Talk

Post by 8time »

I hope that Smart rumor isn't true. For the Spurs sake.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Some juicy info in here!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

8time wrote:I hope that Smart rumor isn't true. For the Spurs sake.

It's true.... poor Spurs
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

People ask me things all the time, and I give honest opinions. I knew about the possible Klay trade, I knew that some people had an idea about it happening as well and the comments from all of them were pretty obvious, was one of the worst deals I've ever heard of.

But to say that I tried to hit the Cavs or whatever you're saying there it's pretty disrespectful at least. I know the rumors are supposed to bring news and everything but to put the blame on me because of anything bad that happened around the league when I'm 100% sure more GMs knew about that trade and bashed it to San Antonio as well, it's disrespectful. I'm not happy right now.

Really wasn't expected such a low blow. Everyone that asks me for any comments or suggestions on whatever knows my approach and I'm extremely fair and honest with my comments. But I don't run other franchises, everyone has each own's opinion. I ask for opinions around as well and most of the guys are really honest like I am. If a deal falls through, it was because it was a bad deal and not because someone tried to sabotage it. GMs will always take good deals.

I'm pretty sad that I was mentioned as guilty for this, and well, will from now on decline to give my opinion on anything.
And I have nothing against the Cavs, specially now that I'm not trying to contend anymore.

Never again you'll be hearing of me at this rumors section.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

This is juicy!!!!!! I love it

If anyone knows the whole story please reach out to me I want to hear it!!!

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Interesting rumors, Smart is so good, the package for him must be amazing
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Marcos_Beck wrote:People ask me things all the time, and I give honest opinions. I knew about the possible Klay trade, I knew that some people had an idea about it happening as well and the comments from all of them were pretty obvious, was one of the worst deals I've ever heard of.

But to say that I tried to hit the Cavs or whatever you're saying there it's pretty disrespectful at least. I know the rumors are supposed to bring news and everything but to put the blame on me because of anything bad that happened around the league when I'm 100% sure more GMs knew about that trade and bashed it to San Antonio as well, it's disrespectful. I'm not happy right now.

Really wasn't expected such a low blow. Everyone that asks me for any comments or suggestions on whatever knows my approach and I'm extremely fair and honest with my comments. But I don't run other franchises, everyone has each own's opinion. I ask for opinions around as well and most of the guys are really honest like I am. If a deal falls through, it was because it was a bad deal and not because someone tried to sabotage it. GMs will always take good deals.

I'm pretty sad that I was mentioned as guilty for this, and well, will from now on decline to give my opinion on anything.
And I have nothing against the Cavs, specially now that I'm not trying to contend anymore.

Never again you'll be hearing of me at this rumors section.
Hope you didn't take too much offense, when I saw it in my inbox, I was thinking it was a bit more playful than cynical. Hope to see you in future rumors for sure, maybe a redeeming, adopted an African child post or something for PR? Lol
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Naa, I'm not mad at you. But before exposing something so disrespectful as that, before blaming someone for something before even knowing what really happened, before listening to the other side of the facts, never post that stuff again.. Stick to rumors, they are great, but talk about players only. No offense to whoever the manager is.

I just wonder who sent you that shit but whatever.
And no I'm not coming back anytime soon for the rumors.
See ya.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Post whatever you want I enjoy the drama... you are just the messenger.... fuck censorship

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Mattybriand wrote:Post whatever you want I enjoy the drama... you are just the messenger.... fuck censorship
You're going to be the one disrespected next time. Let's see how it feels.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Marcos_Beck wrote:
Mattybriand wrote:Post whatever you want I enjoy the drama... you are just the messenger.... fuck censorship

Marcos it happens all the time... it's a cycle

I bitch

Nothing changes

I move on

It happens again

Wash rinse repeat

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Matty, Andy and I are already used to it haha. Don't take it personal, just a sim league. Most of us couldnt care less about it-
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Marcos_Beck wrote:
Don't worry I get joked on everyday for being not 1 but an 8time champion. Haters will be haters let it go not worth it.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

A. It's a sim league.
B. It's a "rumor" so don't get fired up. . .unless it hit a nerve due to some truth?
C. There's quite a few people in this league with hidden agendas and can't be trusted. If you don't know who they are, shame on you. Bunch of Eddie Haskels.

I don't have any idea what this Smart deal is but please Lord I hope it's not what I'm thinking it is.
Clown.Show.League

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Whoa. I think this was meant to all be fun and not taken so literally. I dont think Chicago ruined any trades for me and even if he did its part of the game and I've bitched but ive never been offended. It's fantasy. Plus I like having a division rival.
Last edited by drumr on Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I wouldn't take it personally. Haters gonna hate. And judging by the number of rip-off deals I'm sure every single GM gets offered on a regular basis, there are a lot of hypocritical GMs that wish they could get deals like this.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

GM's ruin trade value for other gm's all the time here as their opinion serves themselves or their dislike of other gm's but didn't expect to see Marcos join that list, he's one of the better guys despite him leveraging rip-off trades for himself.

Very shocked by that but also that's what guys get for asking for "advice". Run your team your way.
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Mon May 29, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams