League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Vertical "TRUTH OR FALSE"

OKC going for Lillard?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

lakeshowak7
CEO

Re: The Vertical "TRUTH OR FALSE"

Post by lakeshowak7 »

A chucker that is putting up an astronomically better statline than anyone on your team, and his shooting preferences aren't even fully fixed yet.

Just stop, you are reaching and being proven wrong at every corner. Return to your hole.

Talk about maturity after starting another internet fight...geez. Good humor.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

lakeshowak7 wrote:A chucker that is putting up an astronomically better statline than anyone on your team, and his shooting preferences aren't even fully fixed yet.

Just stop, you are reaching and being proven wrong at every corner. Return to your hole.

Talk about maturity after starting another internet fight...geez. Good humor.
Look at Clarkson and then look at Johnson. Let's compare .

Clarkson - 18.1ppg - 4.9-apg - 3.8rpg on 49% shooting and 41% from 3, 72% ft in 31mpg
Vs
Johnson - 14.8ppg - 1.3apg - 6.8rpg on 42% shooting and 19% from 3, 71% ft in 29mpg

Rozier - 11.4ppg - 3.8apg - 2.4rpg on 41% shooting and 39% from 3, 89% ft in 24.7mpg off the bench

Vs.

Johnson - 14.8ppg - 1.3apg - 6.8rpg on 42% shooting and 19% from 3, 71% ft in 29mpg as starter

He really is doing " astronomically" better than anyone ony my team.

Better to look up facts before posting. I'm done owning you tonight. And you started the internet fight by calling me an idiot. Hah

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Not that I want to get involved, but I think he was referring to Marcus Smart:

PPG - 20.2
APG - 7.8
RPG - 4.4
SPG - 1.8
TPG - 3.2
FG% - 42.9%
FT% - 80.9%
3P% - 27.6%
MPG - 35.2
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Rizzo wrote:Not that I want to get involved, but I think he was referring to Marcus Smart:

PPG - 20.2
APG - 7.8
RPG - 4.4
SPG - 1.8
TPG - 3.2
FG% - 42.9%
FT% - 80.9%
3P% - 27.6%
MPG - 35.2
Gotcha.

Clarkson - 18.1ppg - 4.9-apg - 3.8rpg on 49% shooting and 41% from 3, 72% ft in 31mpg

Not sure but I might like Clarkson more because of his efficiency.
Now let's do per 36, since Smart averages right around 36mpg

20.4ppg - 5.3apg - 3.6rpg - 1.7spg - 1.9tpg on way better %'s and way less shots to get to 20ppg. Either way not astronomically better
Last edited by 8timechamp on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Let's not kid ourselves smart is better then clarkson
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Mattybriand wrote:Let's not kid ourselves smart is better then clarkson
I don't think anyone is saying that buttttt it's not exactly a landslide like some would like to think. Clarkson also has better STP% and comparable PA/SF.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Rizzo wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying that buttttt it's not exactly a landslide like some would like to think. Clarkson also has better STP% and comparable PA/SF.
Its a landslide.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Smart, when fixed, is a superstar.. just not even a single GM so far cared about his overweight or shooting preferences. SSJ will also be a superstar. He's a better shooter than Rozier and will be around 47%, if Andrew starts to make him post up only and fixes his drive preferences. Dude shouldnt drive at all.

Edit says: However, that doesnt mean, that I dont like Clarkson a lot. Still I do believe you overrate him a bit. When I inquired you wanted Westbrook for him. Clarkson is decent, but more of a third starter and not on the level of a guy like westbrook. On a normal skilled team he will be good for 13-14 points and ~4-5 assists.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

OneNole wrote:
Rizzo wrote:
Its a landslide.
Wouldn't call it a landslide. Smart shoots the Blazers out of games. Who would you rather have? Someone who is nore efficient or someone who chuck's away?
Smart has better ratings buts that's not only what make a player , in this league.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:Smart, when fixed, is a superstar.. just not even a single GM so far cared about his overweight or shooting preferences. SSJ will also be a superstar. He's a better shooter than Rozier and will be around 47%, if Andrew starts to make him post up only and fixes his drive preferences. Dude shouldnt drive at all.

Edit says: However, that doesnt mean, that I dont like Clarkson a lot. Still I do believe you overrate him a bit. When I inquired you wanted Westbrook for him. Clarkson is decent, but more of a third starter and not on the level of a guy like westbrook. On a normal skilled team he will be good for 13-14 points and ~4-5 assists.
The offer for Westbrook wasn't just Clarkson . It started with Clarkson but I was willing to give way more FYI. Just you turned me down before I could offer both my lottery picks, future picks with Clarkson, Bembry, and Saunders .

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

8timechamp wrote:
Dennis wrote:Smart, when fixed, is a superstar.. just not even a single GM so far cared about his overweight or shooting preferences. SSJ will also be a superstar. He's a better shooter than Rozier and will be around 47%, if Andrew starts to make him post up only and fixes his drive preferences. Dude shouldnt drive at all.

The offer for Westbrook wasn't just Clarkson . It started with Clarkson but I was willing to give way more FYI. Just you turned me down before I could offer both my lottery picks with Clarkson, Bembry, and Saunders .
Okay, didnt know that. That might be more spot on.
Yeah, Im someone who always consolidates. I never trade for picks. Rebuilding is something people do, who are afraid of competition. Never won a title, but I prefer having epic battles like my first round against chicago 2014, second round against atlanta 2014 or second round against Indiana 2013. Yeah, Toronto 2015 and Miami 2016 have been pretty disappointing - but still better than being a 11-71 team.

CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:
8timechamp wrote:

The offer for Westbrook wasn't just Clarkson . It started with Clarkson but I was willing to give way more FYI. Just you turned me down before I could offer both my lottery picks with Clarkson, Bembry, and Saunders .
Okay, didnt know that. That might be more spot on.
Yeah, Im someone who always consolidates. I never trade for picks. Rebuilding is something people do, who are afraid of competition. Never won a title, but I prefer having epic battles like my first round against chicago 2014, second round against atlanta 2014 or second round against Indiana 2013. Yeah, Toronto 2015 and Miami 2016 have been pretty disappointing - but still better than being a 11-71 team.
What would you have done in my situation ? Tried trading for every star in this league to be turned down. All you were left with was role players on mediocre team that was a 40 win team. Yoy either rebuild or continue to be mediocre. Has nothing to do with being afraid of competition. It was just because I was put in a tough spot, and had to fix it. Now Thunder have a way better future then they would have had if they continued to be mediocre with Rondo - Butler - MKG - Millsap - Vucevic .

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I started with Rondo, Bradley, Delfino, Sullinger, Faverani.. Yeah I had the two Brooklyn picks that helped me to land some great guys, but I just did what Marcos said.. Try to find an unappreciated star and trade for him when his value is low. That way I traded for Dragic, Sanders, Lopez, Parker, Paul, Jefferson, Smith, Westbrook etc.
But yeah, your situation was pretty much the same. It is hard to get out of it.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Let me shut this poll down!

OKC WAS GUNNING FOR LILLArD I can confirm

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Mattybriand wrote:Let me shut this poll down!

:lol: What?!?

I brought the idea up to trade #3 to POR for Lillard but he was convinced Rozier was a better option.

Can't knock his decision, his team but I felt Lillard would be better while OKC would still be a lottery team but he'd have his cornerstones in Lillard Vonleh.

Also lol @ all the snitching/ trade talk outing going on in this thread lol

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Shocked!!! (sarcasm)
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

wms02a wrote:

Shocked!!! (sarcasm)
I gave my best offer but wasn't good enough

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

8timechamp wrote:
wms02a wrote:

Shocked!!! (sarcasm)
I gave my best offer but wasn't good enough
You can do better

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Dennis wrote: Rebuilding is something people do, who are afraid of competition.
Well that's just a ridiculous statement to make. There are many reasons to rebuild, and rebuilding can be the smart move if you stick to it long-term and see the prospects grow.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

GreenBear wrote:
Dennis wrote: Rebuilding is something people do, who are afraid of competition.
Well that's just a smart statement to make. There are some reasons to rebuild, and rebuilding can be the smart move if you are lucky long-term because your prospects really grow.
Fixed it.

Na to be honest, just doesnt make sense to sell Westbrook for average young talent to start a rebuild. That's what Im saying.
I will always prefer to try to get something going instead of wasting 3-4 seasons.

CSL Champions Image 2028