League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Third Time's the Charm

Ramcus
CEO

Third Time's the Charm

Post by Ramcus »

Kendrick Nunn wasn't supposed to play for New Orleans this past season. Heading into the previous season's draft, it was already known league-wide that Kendrick Nunn, the 9th Pick of the 2025 CSL Draft, would be playing for Miami. That deal would end up breaking down over some minor misunderstandings. No matter, the NOLA front office informed Nunn to stay on his toes, and to expect to be moved again 30 days into the season.

Due to that, Nunn missed the first 20~ish games of the season, in preparation for another deal, this time again with the Miami Heat. For similar reasons, that trade ended up breaking down as well. Following these two unexpected roadblocks, the NOLA front office decided to give Kendrick Nunn a chance, and allow him the opportunity to suit up for the New Orleans Pelicans. His first CSL career game was on November 20th, 2025, in a 122-107 win against the Denver Nuggets. And although he wasn't perfect, he was vital in the win that night.

Kendrick Nunn would eventually find himself as a consistent player in the New Orleans Pelicans's rotation, coming off the bench to provide an offensive spark plug, and starting when needed. The scouting reports were dead on. Kendrick Nunn's ability to shoot at all 3 levels and create, for both himself and teammates, enabled his success. Couple that with a larger frame and quick hands, Kendrick Nunn's found his path to success: Strong 6th Man Combo Guard/Weak Starting Combo Guard

55 Games Played | 8 Games Started
12.6 PPG | 2.7 RPG | 3.5 APG | 0.8 SPG | 0.2 BPG | 1.9 TO
4.7-10.6 FG 44.3% | 1.9-4.8 3FG 39.9% | 1.3-1.5 FT 84.5%

Using the success of Kendrick Nunn's rookie season, the NOLA front office leveraged his performance to land a trade involving a ______ Conference team. Barring any offseason complications, this should be a trade that benefits both teams. In Kendrick Nunn's short 1 CSL season career, he's been in two failed trades, supposedly a CSL-first. There's hope that this third trade will work out though, and Kendrick Nunn can continue his career elsewhere. The New Orleans Pelicans thank Kendrick Nunn for his services, and hope his career continues along the track of most success.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: Third Time's the Charm

Post by Flaming Homer »

And I thought he finally was set in the Pelicans rotation :-)
Lets see where he ends up.

My expectations were that he would be a very good 6th man kind of guard. But seeing him play for you last season, he may be even able to be a starter on a good team.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Very good player, Id bet he's headed to Philly.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Silogical wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:04 am Very good player, Id bet he's headed to Philly.
Nope..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Tried to grab him early on but wasn't meant to be. Interested to see where he goes. Not a reliable PG but can be a solid option off the ball. Envisioned him as a 6th man playing starter minutes with a few at PG but mostly SG.
Clown.Show.League

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Dude dropped 50/5/7 on us.. pretty solid player
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Hmm wonder what you got for him
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

With Ingles verballed I'm assuming he's going to the Blazers since he fits Tim's rebuilding timeline.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm With Ingles verballed I'm assuming he's going to the Blazers since he fits Tim's rebuilding timeline.
Good detective work. Imagine Crabbe/Zubac would be involved to make salaries work.
Clown.Show.League

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Ocons wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:57 pm
emplep7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm With Ingles verballed I'm assuming he's going to the Blazers since he fits Tim's rebuilding timeline.
Good detective work. Imagine Crabbe/Zubac would be involved to make salaries work.
you need value to win it would be a mistake trading nunn for ingles. Hope NOP can get more than that

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:52 pm
you need value to win it would be a mistake trading nunn for ingles. Hope NOP can get more than that
I mean Nunn is almost maxed out potential wise. Inglis is like a lite Klay Thompson in DDS3, but better defense. You combine Inglis, Lauri and a guard who can assist/score and they are on the right track.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:01 pm

I mean Nunn is almost maxed out potential wise. Inglis is like a lite Klay Thompson in DDS3, but better defense. You combine Inglis, Lauri and a guard who can assist/score and they are on the right track.
They wont be on a track theyll be on the 9th seed treadmil.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

I never said it was a good deal. Just that those were likely the players involved if it is in fact a deal between those two teams.

I also don't think NOP has the same value of Nunn as you do.
Clown.Show.League

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm

What's your suggestion then?

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:05 am
The opposite of trading for a 32 year old. Non contenders trading for vets has never worked out.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 am

The opposite of trading for a 32 year old. Non contenders trading for vets has never worked out.
I had Stanley, Rozier nd traded for Klay. I went 20-2 and only lost because Stanley got injured right before the post season.
Obviously I made other moves after, but even the first Hornets GM(who everyone thought cheated) thought my team was legit.

I only remember this because it was right after my back surgery.

It ultimately depends if he has other moves lined up.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

If that’s the deal, Nunn as a solid 6th man option with clear limitations and maxed already isn’t pushing the Pelicans to a contender spot anytime soon. Players like him are good but replaceable.

Players like Ingles are hard to find, even at 32. He can be a difference maker for a really good team.

If it doesn’t work out, rebuild after some years. At least it’s a step towards trying to achieve something great instead of keeping a player that leads you nowhere for 7, 8 seasons.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I have no idea what rumors are true or not, but I don't think getting Ingles for Nunn as the core of the trade (obviously other pieces would have to be involved to make it work financially) is bad. I doubt their moves would stop there. Regardless, even if it doesn't work out for them next year, they can always trade Ingles at the deadline. There will be contenders lined up to get him, I'm sure of it.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 am
Silogical wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 am

I had Stanley, Rozier nd traded for Klay. I went 20-2 and only lost because Stanley got injured right before the post season.
Obviously I made other moves after, but even the first Hornets GM(who everyone thought cheated) thought my team was legit.

I only remember this because it was right after my back surgery.

It ultimately depends if he has other moves lined up.
You piled up multiple quality picks/quality future picks over multiple years of rebuilding, and used them to bring in superstars like bledsoe. That's the way to do it. You need multiple young assets/picks before making your win now moves.

I also dont think it would be easy to flip ingles to a contender with that big salary.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

The salary may make it tricky for some teams, sure. But I said that because he's someone I would consider going after (and I have the salaries to send back). I don't usually get too far into trade discussions while I'm still alive in the playoffs or I probably would've reached out to Tim before he got verballed. Mainly because I like to do an autopsy on my season first to see where things went wrong and how to try to address it going forward.