League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Potential Kendrick Nunn Locations

Ramcus
CEO

Potential Kendrick Nunn Locations

Post by Ramcus »

With the 9th Pick of the 2025 CSL Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select... Kendrick Nunn, out of Oakland University!!!
Kendrick Nunn was incredibly happy that night. He was drafted 9th, to a franchise many CSL GM's considered below a tier, from the top of the league. But that wasn't why he was happy. Nunn's agent had given him a call just 2 minutes before his selection by Emplep7, with news that would define the start of his CSL career. He wouldn't be playing for the New Orleans Pelicans. The Pelicans had traded the draft rights of Kendrick Nunn on draft night, to a surprising suitor. A storied CSL franchise had acquired the rights to draft Kendrick Nunn.

Let's take a look at a couple teams where Kendrick Nunn's impact will have a lasting effect(or in essence any team that needs a point guard):

1. Atlanta Hawks: Sign-&-Trade George DePaula
_______________for_______________
Draft Rights to Kendrick Nunn and a future 1st Round Pick.

League-wide speculation is that the Atlanta Hawks are looking to sign-and-trade their star point guard, GDP. It's so well known that DePaula himself has already sold his Atlanta home, for a whopping $3.57 million. With that in mind, we've whipped up a serious trade consideration for the Atlanta Hawks. They're in the market for a starting point guard, and the acquisition of Nunn would more than fill up the hole, while still giving them a future 1st for, well, the future.

2. Detroit Pistons: Guerschon Yabusele and a future 1st Round Pick
___________________for______________________
Draft Rights to Kendrick Nunn

The Detroit Pistons probably don't want to extend Denzel Livingston in free agency. He played well for the Pistons, but overall underwhelming, given the expectations he built for himself in the previous season. That's where Kendrick Nunn comes in. Nunn specializes on the offensive side of the floor, being a strong 3-level scorer. Capable of driving inside the arc and shooting outside. He's also no slouch on the defensive end, giving back what was lost in losing Livingston. That being said, the Pistons have bird rights on Livingston, and may be able to get away with a cheaper contract.

3. Miami Heat: Sign-&-Trade Dennis Smith
____________for_____________
Draft Rights to Kendrick Nunn and Clint Capela

Dennis Smith's situation in Miami is similar to Denzel Livingston's situation in Detroit, where he's being criminally underused and underappreciated playing next to multiple-time MVP Ben Simmons. Because of that, the Miami Heat may not want to extend Smith in free agency. Nunn would provide a similar role for the Heat as Smith did, and I don't think that's too disappointing of a thing to expect. Smith didn't necessarily play poorly, but he wasn't asked to do much either. Nunn should be able to shine in that spot, picking up where Smith left off on both the offensive and defensive end.

4. Portland Trailblazers: Future 1st Round Pick and Future 2nd Round Pick
______________________for________________________
Draft Rights to Kendrick Nunn

The Blazers have a massive gaping hole at point guard. Jordan Clarkson's entering free agency in his prime, at age 31, but who knows how quickly he'll fall off the map once the Blazers are forced to give him a prime contract. This is where Kendrick Nunn falls in, as a step in the youth movement. He'll also be an immediate plug-and-play, building more towards the Blazer's playoff aspirations. He won't move the needle for them, but he'll address a serious concern for the troubled Blazers.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Potential Kendrick Nunn Locations

Post by hardenwithnod »

I am going to say it's Miami.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Wouldn’t do any of those for Nunn. He’s really good.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Dennis wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:26 pm Wouldn’t do any of those for Nunn. He’s really good.
I agree with both Dennis and Gary.... dont like any of those deals but I can see Miami as the most likely destination
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I like the GDP one but was under the impression that NY was getting him. The other offers are very underwhelming, especially the Detroit one.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

KW wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm I like the GDP one but was under the impression that NY was getting him. The other offers are very underwhelming, especially the Detroit one.
Nunn for GDP straight maybe. But a first on top?

CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Dennis wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm
KW wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm I like the GDP one but was under the impression that NY was getting him. The other offers are very underwhelming, especially the Detroit one.
GDP was like a top 15 or so player when healthy this year imo. I think he's worth that, even if he misses most of next year.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

KW wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:36 pm
Dennis wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm
GDP was like a top 15 or so player when healthy this year imo. I think he's worth that, even if he misses most of next year.
Not sure that’s true, but definitely better than fox

CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I think Nunn for an injured GDP is an even deal. I know I wouldn't throw a 1st on top but that's because I'm stingy. The other deals I wouldn't even consider.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I know who he's going to, but its not Detroit (although we can always do that deal if the other one falls through). My scouts liked Nunn and I wanted him and Hayes on the roster, but it didn't work out that way. I will be interested to see what the final deal and he looks like in the engine.