League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

End of season awards idea

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

End of season awards idea

Post by Cleasby »

So might thoughts were this as a way to encourage media and reward those guys who participate bad well. Of course they will be GM voted:

- Clubman award
Given to the guy who has contributed the most to the league season. This can be articles, posting on topics, generating discussion, a great revolution change to help the league move forward, help in recruiting new GM's whatever just goes to the guy who has put the league before himself.

Best series award
- Given to the GM who created the best series articles during the year.

- Media mogul
Awards to the guy who has really put out quality articles/media in the year but may not be series linked.

As I said it would be awesome if we could give an award for these prizes.
We have some great media guys who should be rewarded in some way for keeping the forum alive.

Possible reward ideas I had:
- scout points to use either this year or next on top of reg scouting

- awarded a 2nd round forfeited pick for the draft.

Let me know what you think.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: End of season awards idea

Post by hardenwithnod »

I don't know about rewarding scouting points, as I think it opens a can of worms where GMs who aren't good writers will never be able to win a media award, I mean we have guys like Tim that literally writes for a living, so it will be hard to compete for that. However I do think giving an award recognition will be good.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 pm I don't know about rewarding scouting points, as I think it opens a can of worms where GMs who aren't good writers will never be able to win a media award, I mean we have guys like Tim that literally writes for a living, so it will be hard to compete for that. However I do think giving an award recognition will be good.
Agreed.

And I like the idea a little but on the other hand I don't. Basically a participation award. Like ones they give out to kids who don't win first place.

I say keep it the way it is. The new COTY is good enough.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

hardenwithnod wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 pm I don't know about rewarding scouting points, as I think it opens a can of worms where GMs who aren't good writers will never be able to win a media award, I mean we have guys like Tim that literally writes for a living, so it will be hard to compete for that. However I do think giving an award recognition will be good.
Whilst Tim is a good writer no doubt there is still other reason why an article may be quality. It could be innovative or have some really good analysis. I wouldnt actually have Tim in my top 3 for any award this year to be honest.

That's why I suggested the clubman for a guy who just puts an awesome effort into the league and adds value anyway. It could be anything from comments to membership recruitment.

Series and article are for media of course.

I just think as a league that requires GM's to be active contribute media as it enhances the experience for all we should reward the best things that that add to this. I mean a 2nd round pick is a minimal contribution or scouting points but it is enough to hopefully make people strive to be active and engaged.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I agree with the sentiment here: this is a league driven by our community and the community is only as strong as the activity we put in (media a large portion of that). However, we don’t have rewards for people who win any of the other awards. I think the general feeling you get when you win an award and having that you won stored somewhere (we desperately need to clean up and update the history of these forums) will be a good enough award.

With that said, I do think having a Clubman Award and the Media Award would be great. There are a lot of people who put in hard work here that should be recognized above and beyond what we currently do. From people who step up on the draft team, to people who put in the effort to be on podcasts, to people who help bring this community together, we do have room to recognize these people who exceed the requirements of being in the CSL

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

That reminds me...who wants to be the CSL historian? Any takers?

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I remember back in NLL when Brit Dave had that promo/relegation thing for activity. It was a lot of work for him to monitor no doubt, but it was fantastic to track and really gave you a granular look at who the most active people were and who wasn't pulling their weight (also no doubt helped admins spot patterns and when to axe dudes who weren't cutting it).

The Clubman Award is good because it addresses the guys who really keep this league active - especially with comments. Media Award would be cool, too. I actually particularly like the Series Award - those are some of the best content we have on these forums, and they're a ton of work.

Re: any rewards on top of it, that would have to be carefully balanced so we don't end up with spam articles about the same topics over and over.

Oh, and "there are guys who will never compete for these awards". So? There are guys who will never compete for GMOY or COTY unless they seriously grow their skills and get better. Same thing applies to these awards, so that's not at all a reason to not include them.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think the awards are fine, and recognition is well deserved for the good work. But I don't think we should be rewarding scouting points, or anything that can enhance a roster/player makeup. If that happens, then I think it sets a dangerous precedent in the future where GMs might demand more rewards for scouts on other potential ideas/awards. Honestly I think a separate award/forum recognition is an excellent idea though.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis