League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Brilliant idea

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Re: Brilliant idea

Post by orangeparka »

Yeah the idea is a bit ridiculous but there does seem to be a ton of major injuries - even when compared to real life. So I do get the sentiment...
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote:Does this post league idea post already count?
To think, you would have had a championship if not for the Westbrook injuries..
Thought you would be on board with my brilliant idea. It's okay though
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

orangeparka wrote:Yeah the idea is a bit ridiculous but there does seem to be a ton of major injuries - even when compared to real life. So I do get the sentiment...
Exactly. Unrealistic engine so let's even the playing field out, since the engine is top notch in other areas.
This fixes the injury bug a little bit.

But seems like league doesn't like the idea. Had to through it out there though, after thinking about the injury bug haha

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah this would be a very bad idea for the league. Injuries are injuries and everyone has to deal with them from season to season. There might be more major injuries to star players in this engine than in the real NBA, but look at the real life Celtics - they lost Hayward at the beginning of the year and their best player Kyrie is out for the season and they're still playing at a high level. Good coaches and GMs in this league can find ways to be successful and win with injuries.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Okay so let me tackle this idea from the other side, since everyone has already agreed that injuries are something we all have to deal with and therefore is fair since it affects all of us. We have to be careful about giving too much of an advantage to people who write articles. The CSL is media and activity driven, yes, but not everyone has the time or the desire to put out multiple quality articles per year. This idea gift wraps a pretty strong advantage to people like myself and Jestor, who don’t need to change anything about what we do to get this special benefit. At the same time, this idea promotes publishing a quantity of articles, and for people who don’t have the time, they will do the bare minimum to qualify for the benefit. The articles will most likely not contribute a whole lot to the community, as they will be bare bones with little research done. Who does that benefit? What is the community gaining from that?

I understand where this idea came from and I applaud you thinking outside the box, but you’ve got to look at the picture from all sides and acknowledge that there are cons to every idea ever. There are no ideas with 0 cons.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote:Yeah this would be a very bad idea for the league. Injuries are injuries and everyone has to deal with them from season to season. There might be more major injuries to star players in this engine than in the real NBA, but look at the real life Celtics - they lost Hayward at the beginning of the year and their best player Kyrie is out for the season and they're still playing at a high level. Good coaches and GMs in this league can find ways to be successful and win with injuries.
Understood

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Myles wrote:Okay so let me tackle this idea from the other side, since everyone has already agreed that injuries are something we all have to deal with and therefore is fair since it affects all of us. We have to be careful about giving too much of an advantage to people who write articles. The CSL is media and activity driven, yes, but not everyone has the time or the desire to put out multiple quality articles per year. This idea gift wraps a pretty strong advantage to people like myself and Jestor, who don’t need to change anything about what we do to get this special benefit. At the same time, this idea promotes publishing a quantity of articles, and for people who don’t have the time, they will do the bare minimum to qualify for the benefit. The articles will most likely not contribute a whole lot to the community, as they will be bare bones with little research done. Who does that benefit? What is the community gaining from that?

I understand where this idea came from and I applaud you thinking outside the box, but you’ve got to look at the picture from all sides and acknowledge that there are cons to every idea ever. There are no ideas with 0 cons.
Some of the best ideas come from thinking outside the box.

But just like the draft team has done, they put a word limit on articles. There would be some type of rule put in place, if my idea were to ever come to fruition(which it won't).

But we haven't switched this engine yet because, other than injuries, it's a pretty good engine.
Thought maybe this would generate more articles + fix the injury issues that every team has.

But I understood if people don't like it, as it's sort of a "save" rule. And if I were to bring Stanley back and win it all, people might put a * next to my championship.
So understood it from all sides. Just had to bring to idea to everyone's attention, even if in the back of my head, people might have not liked it.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think another problem with this idea is that it won't be fair to those past GMs who suffered major injuries, and couldn't benefit from this idea as well. As we can't go back, and change those injuries now lol.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

And for the record - just because the league doesn't like it doesn't mean its not good to bring these things up. I'm all about thinking outside the box and that's the purpose of this little used part of the forum. I would want to see healthy discussion on any of these ideas and if they are good I'm all about making changes for the better.

I don't want the "no's" here to stop people from bringing things up in the future.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote:And for the record - just because the league doesn't like it doesn't mean its not good to bring these things up. I'm all about thinking outside the box and that's the purpose of this little used part of the forum. I would want to see healthy discussion on any of these ideas and if they are good I'm all about making changes for the better.

I don't want the "no's" here to stop people from bringing things up in the future.
+1. That holds true for the draft process as well. Any ideas that would make things better the league, we'll be happy to listen to them as see if makes sense for us to implement it.

They need to be realistic idea though. You can't un-break a player's leg so obviously that isn't a realistic idea.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

:lol: how did I miss this gem

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 pm I was thinking and year after year, playoff teams get tough blows with a huge injury that ruins their season. Which in turn, makes the playoffs not as exciting. Like who wants to see the Pistons beat up the Westbrook less Celtics teams of past? Not an exciting series.

Also, with the recent Zhou Qi 2nd sim injury retraction, players are able to get their injury time cut.

Here's my brilliant idea:

Write a certain amount of articles per year and at the end of the season, teams are granted with a special injury reward.

I write 10 articles, I am rewarded with 50% cut off of player injury reward.

Pros:
More articles written
More exciting playoffs
Less angry GM's

Cons:
None

I was thinking, if possible, we can start this asap. But just throwing this idea out there for the future. Something to think of. ;)
Bump.

Since my idea of trading instructions went through, figured I'd bump this in case anyone is interested in my past brilliant idea. Could be revised, but the amount of injuries is still outrageous.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

injuries are part of the game, dude...
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

and they're already ridiculously low in this engine lol

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yeah, they're too low if anything.

I had MPJ for years and never faced anything bad with him and he has poor durability.

Means depth is important.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

KW wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:20 pm and they're already ridiculously low in this engine lol
Low? If you consider a player getting an injury on an off day, low.... Sure injuries aren't 365 days anymore like in past versions, but we are getting more minor injuries in return.

Especially in my case. Luka got injured or else I would have two titles. That's not part of the game. Luka would play through it in the NBA. It should be the same in the CSL.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

bt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 pm Yeah, they're too low if anything.

I had MPJ for years and never faced anything bad with him and he has poor durability.

Means depth is important.
Great point bt.
Ball is Life.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Pros:
More articles written
More exciting playoffs
Less angry GM's

Cons:
None

I was thinking, if possible, we can start this asap. But just throwing this idea out there for the future. Something to think of. ;)
I believe injuries add nothing positive, but do add a few negatives like increasing the luck needed to win a ring. Diminishing the value of a ring.

myles was right though, attaching it to articles just increases the number of trash articles from teams that dont want to write articles.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Post by Cleasby » Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm

If this is implemented I will quit the league. Always hated leagues that offer buffs for articles.

Just ends up with spam 100 word articles.
Sorry we cant do it, he would leave the league
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

lol