League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Player Instructions trade?

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Player Instructions trade?

Post by andrei »

If you look at the Player Instructions limits section here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=172

You will see that there are teams that barely used theirs and some even still have 10 at the end of the season. This is sad for those that have young players and could use that extra few instructions per year.

Why not allow to trade instructions? They can be included in any deal as that extra piece like a few 2nd rounders we see being thrown in occasionally. Especially when trading a young player, offering a few Instructions with him may go a long way.

From Simmer perspective, there is not much extra effort. Process the trade in game and update Instructions count for relevant team. Easy enough.

Thoughts?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Player Instructions trade?

Post by Jestor »

Wouldn't want to risk file issues. Unknown if it's total cap that matters or per team, and it's not worth the potential headaches of file disruption.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

I like it
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I would be against it. I don't think a lot of GMs understand how to use them so for those who do, they would be able to acquire a lot of them, use them up and trade away players. Almost like a rich getting richer sort of thing.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I would love to let this happen, as I use them quite often. But if it jeopardizes the file, then I can see why we don't go that route. However, if it doesn't affect the file, then I am all for this as trade incentives.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

hardenwithnod wrote:I would love to let this happen, as I use them quite often. But if it jeopardizes the file, then I can see why we don't go that route. However, if it doesn't affect the file, then I am all for this as trade incentives.
agree

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Rizzo wrote:I would be against it. I don't think a lot of GMs understand how to use them so for those who do, they would be able to acquire a lot of them, use them up and trade away players. Almost like a rich getting richer sort of thing.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Silogical wrote:
hardenwithnod wrote:I would love to let this happen, as I use them quite often. But if it jeopardizes the file, then I can see why we don't go that route. However, if it doesn't affect the file, then I am all for this as trade incentives.
agree
Cleveland Cavaliers

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

My understanding was that they found when you get to around 300 instructions per season, that's when things get weird. Not a per team issue.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I would be against it. I don't think a lot of GMs understand how to use them so for those who do, they would be able to acquire a lot of them, use them up and trade away players. Almost like a rich getting richer sort of thing.
Agree.

But, also agree with the notion that if it doesn't affect the file, go for it. I'm not sure what the value will be on them. Counter to you're point, for someone like myself who doesn't hardly use them or know how to even. . . it would be an additional asset to trade.
Clown.Show.League

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

In reality it is more work for the simmers bc now more of them would be getting used instead of wasted.

I see both sides. I use all of mine so obviously id love more. But I also understand adams side as well.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Mattybriand wrote:I like it

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I have an idea...

One of you that wants to make this change should sim an entire season with different teams using a different number of instructions but not passing 300. Send the admin team the data and we will definitely look into it.

Without that there is no way in hell im risking the file. No working file means no league.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

emplep7 wrote:I have an idea...

One of you that wants to make this change should sim an entire season with different teams using a different number of instructions but not passing 300. Send the admin team the data and we will definitely look into it.

Without that there is no way in hell im risking the file. No working file means no league.
I was already planning on doing this as I was curious my self

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Adam - if GMs do not understand how to use instructions - lets educate them? But not making this change because people don't know sounds a bit silly to me.

Myles confirmed that it will not affect the file. Obviously this is deal braker if it did.

Brett - isn't it like saying lets not submit DCs regularly because its too much work for the Simmer to download them all?

Kevin - fair enough. There are also GMs that see no value in 2nd rounders. But others do, thats the point.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

No need to add more instructions their will still only be 300... teams could just use them as assets as well..

Each teams gets 10 if you wanna give away those ten that's your problem
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

andrei wrote:Adam - if GMs do not understand how to use instructions - lets educate them? But not making this change because people don't know sounds a bit silly to me.

Myles confirmed that it will not affect the file. Obviously this is deal braker if it did.

Brett - isn't it like saying lets not submit DCs regularly because its too much work for the Simmer to download them all?

Kevin - fair enough. There are also GMs that see no value in 2nd rounders. But others do, thats the point.
completely different animal to dl a dc and import it then to go to each individual team and having to manually enter their instruction. would be nice if we could import instructions but obviously you cant. its just an annoying tedious thing to do.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Myles guessed it doesn't impact the file. That's by far not enough to risk the file. A test need to be run.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

emplep7 wrote:I have an idea...

I would actually suggest a 20-30 season sim rather than a single season, to test the accumulation over time

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

andrei wrote:Adam - if GMs do not understand how to use instructions - lets educate them? But not making this change because people don't know sounds a bit silly to me.
There have been multiple threads in emerald talk or discussion/help that have tried to educate people. I know that's where I've learned the most about instructions over the course of this league. Unfortunately I think there are a lot of GMs that don't even think about them. Not saying that that is a great reason to not allow trades of instructions but I really think it would end up benefiting the "1%" of the league much more than anyone else.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]