League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trade Union

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Trade Union

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I think it's time to have it, but I wanna hear opinions.

Of course, you're going to say I try to rip guys off and I'm not the most indicated GM to open such discussions, but you can see all my trades have, as Daniel loves to say, "valid reasons". You can see every GM I deal with is really satisfied with their deals and have strong arguments and a direction in their mind. So, no, I don't try to rip people off, and yes, I'm in favor of a league union.

I think every trade must be approved as long as you have a good, consistent reason for that. But some of the reasons are very weak, so a trade union would help either making GMs only commit to deals when they are sure about it and about their plan, as detailed reasons would be asked for bigger deals, and would likely fix a market where everyone is so damn much impatient and want to change every time.
A trade union wouldn't exist to block trades, but to ask for detailed info about future plans. And an union wouldn't also block trades because they think the team is heading to a direction different from what they think. Instead, they only want to understand team's direction for the future or present and see if makes ANY sense at all.

I see no negative things about having a 3-person trade union.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: Trade Union

Post by andrei »

How would it work Marcos? Would they review the trades reactively or there will be an expectation that they are consulted before the trade is posted?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Review deals and ask for extended comments privately before agreeing or rejecting any deal.
Of course only for the ones they think are not balanced or wasn't explained correctly. Basically, no one should know that Trade Union is working, because they'd work privately with the GM they feel that's not getting the best side of the deal or isn't explaining it enough. All we would know is that they approve / reject offers. And they would explain why rejecting.

Remember it's not abou rejecting deals that are not balanced. But rejecting the ones that are not very well explained, when you feel like GM is in a hurry or taking a real bad decision and he doesn't know where it will land him in the future, AKA he doesn't have a plan, just trading for trade.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Marcos_Beck wrote:Review deals and ask for extended comments privately before agreeing or rejecting any deal.
Of course only for the ones they think are not balanced or wasn't explained correctly. Basically, no one should know that Trade Union is working, because they'd work privately with the GM they feel that's not getting the best side of the deal or isn't explaining it enough. All we would know is that they approve / reject offers. And they would explain why rejecting.

Remember it's not abou rejecting deals that are not balanced. But rejecting the ones that are not very well explained, when you feel like GM is in a hurry or taking a real bad decision and he doesn't know where it will land him in the future, AKA he doesn't have a plan, just trading for trade.
That's the important part. If the union is willing to enforce this, I'm all for it. If not then it's something that shouldn't be looked into.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

A trade union should only be called in to save franchises really. That one week old GM who just made a trade and then disappears or that two week guy who just traded an all star but is inactive and will end up fired. We've all seen guys enter, make trades and leave a week later leaving ruins behind.

Just my opinion but there should never be a trade union if a GM has a valid reason and is a stable part of the league. Trade unions are just opinionated people with unwarranted power. Everyone has an opinion and they differ. Lock down on the unstable new guys if you must to protect a franchise but you don't interfere with the stable people.

If introduced, it should do just that not try and save the stable people here from making a good or bad decision. Focus on instability.
Last edited by bt on Sat May 16, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Post by orangeparka »

bt wrote:A trade union should only be called in to save franchises really. That one week old GM who just made a trade and then disappears or that two week guy who just traded an all star but is inactive and will end up fired.

Just my opinion but there should never be a trade union if a GM has a valid reason and is a stable part of the league. Trade unions are just opinionated people with unwarranted power. Everyone has an opinion and they differ. Lock down on the unstable new guys if you must to protect a franchise but the moment you don't interfere with the stable people.

If introduced, it should do just that not try and save the stable people here from making a good or bad decision. Focus on instability.

Yeah this.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

bt wrote:A trade union should only be called in to save franchises really. That one week old GM who just made a trade and then disappears or that two week guy who just traded an all star but is inactive and will end up fired. We've all seen guys enter, make trades and leave a week later leaving ruins behind.

Just my opinion but there should never be a trade union if a GM has a valid reason and is a stable part of the league. Trade unions are just opinionated people with unwarranted power. Everyone has an opinion and they differ. Lock down on the unstable new guys if you must to protect a franchise but you don't interfere with the stable people.

To add to this. I remember a rule that I enforced when I ran my league was a 'probation period' where a new GM would have all trades reviewed for a samll amount of time to make sure the type of situation you mentioned doesnt occur. I don't exactly remember what was the length of time but it was something like 3 weeks I believe. Usually within 3 weeks you can tell if a person is going to be an addition to a league.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

bt wrote:A trade union should only be called in to save franchises really. That one week old GM who just made a trade and then disappears or that two week guy who just traded an all star but is inactive and will end up fired. We've all seen guys enter, make trades and leave a week later leaving ruins behind.

Agreed. If the member has been around send proven themselves then all trades should be allowed but with the amount of turnover in this league I do feel oversight is needed on the newer gms
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done