League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

User avatar
andrei
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:26 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: andrei » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 am

Man, why did Larkin start for Memphis? I thought Ulis was playing great for you
So what do you expect when you draft Grabby McHolderson to play your right tackle?

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6370
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: KW » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Sharkn20 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 am
Ramcus wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am
Disappointing first loss against the Phoenix Suns. Expected, but disappointed nonetheless. Taylor shot the lights out, and our team was ice cold, with Markkanen only taking 4 shots all game in 34 minutes of game time. In spite of Holiday's 32 minutes, Taylor destroyed his primary defender all game, dropping a scorching hot 42 points and nearly fouling out Holiday.
I still can't understand why you traded Davies, basically you threw away any possibility to do anything in the playoffs, you were on fire and rising until you agreed to that trade man, everything has gone downhill since then. You were difficult to defend with him, now is basically easy to hard zone you as only Thompson is a 3 point shooter in ur lineup.
I don't think I agree with the 3s being an issue. If the Pels get zoned heavily, PG and Lillard are more than capable of popping off at any time. Lauri is quite good too though I think you'd rather have him inside.
Image
Tang | Okogie | Winslow | Chriss | Moore __ Macura | Butler | Mika

User avatar
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018
Posts: 4466
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: emplep7 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 pm

I will say I was strongly against trading AD as he is a stud in this engine and the Pelicans traded away any chance they had to win a title this year, but I do think Lauri is going to be the better big man in the new engine due to the flexibility it will provide him on the offensive end to finally showcase his ability. I could be wrong about that, but the new engine seems to cater more towards big man like Lauri than bigs like AD.
Image

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 pm

andrei wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 am
Man, why did Larkin start for Memphis? I thought Ulis was playing great for you
I wanted to play man D and Laekin is a lot better at that, then Biyombo played 7 minutes and got fouled out and we got dominated in the paint, that didn't go as I thought, back to the drawing board as we are 0-4 against them this year now.

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 pm

KW wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Sharkn20 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 am
Ramcus wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am
Disappointing first loss against the Phoenix Suns. Expected, but disappointed nonetheless. Taylor shot the lights out, and our team was ice cold, with Markkanen only taking 4 shots all game in 34 minutes of game time. In spite of Holiday's 32 minutes, Taylor destroyed his primary defender all game, dropping a scorching hot 42 points and nearly fouling out Holiday.
I still can't understand why you traded Davies, basically you threw away any possibility to do anything in the playoffs, you were on fire and rising until you agreed to that trade man, everything has gone downhill since then. You were difficult to defend with him, now is basically easy to hard zone you as only Thompson is a 3 point shooter in ur lineup.
I don't think I agree with the 3s being an issue. If the Pels get zoned heavily, PG and Lillard are more than capable of popping off at any time. Lauri is quite good too though I think you'd rather have him inside.
I zoned him hard after AD deal and we got the sweep. So I feel 3s are an issue as his 3D scorers aren't shooting enough.

User avatar
drumr
CEO
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 am
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: drumr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Lauri got shut down by a SF and held to 4 shots. Name a time that has happened to AD in a playoff game because I can't think of one. Sure he'll be a great scorer in the new engine, but what does that matter if he's also giving up 20 on the other side. I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but that trade just wasn't fair imo. Moving on lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers
2018-2019 -- ( 52-30 )
2019-2020 -- ( 53-29 )
2020-2021 -- ( 54-28 )
2022-2023 -- (46-36)
NEW CLAMP CITY
feat. Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Blake Griffin
Special Guests:
John Collins & "3pt Champ" McBuckets
Image

User avatar
Flaming Homer
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: Flaming Homer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:28 pm

emplep7 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 pm
I will say I was strongly against trading AD as he is a stud in this engine and the Pelicans traded away any chance they had to win a title this year, but I do think Lauri is going to be the better big man in the new engine due to the flexibility it will provide him on the offensive end to finally showcase his ability. I could be wrong about that, but the new engine seems to cater more towards big man like Lauri than bigs like AD.
I actually think AD will dominate even more in the new engine, at least the next 2 season until he slowly goes towards retirement. If I just sim a season with the standard roster, traditional big men still look good stat wise. And AD's ratings are off the charts.
You just have more options to make outside shooter look better too. That hopefully will work out for Lauri, but I don't remember if he had a decent 3pt rating.

User avatar
drumr
CEO
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 am
Contact:

Re: CSL Playoffs || Round 1 || Game 1

Post Author: drumr » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:11 am

Flaming Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:28 pm
emplep7 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 pm
I will say I was strongly against trading AD as he is a stud in this engine and the Pelicans traded away any chance they had to win a title this year, but I do think Lauri is going to be the better big man in the new engine due to the flexibility it will provide him on the offensive end to finally showcase his ability. I could be wrong about that, but the new engine seems to cater more towards big man like Lauri than bigs like AD.
I actually think AD will dominate even more in the new engine, at least the next 2 season until he slowly goes towards retirement. If I just sim a season with the standard roster, traditional big men still look good stat wise. And AD's ratings are off the charts.
You just have more options to make outside shooter look better too. That hopefully will work out for Lauri, but I don't remember if he had a decent 3pt rating.
He's still gonna be the #1 or 2 big man in the league.
Cleveland Cavaliers
2018-2019 -- ( 52-30 )
2019-2020 -- ( 53-29 )
2020-2021 -- ( 54-28 )
2022-2023 -- (46-36)
NEW CLAMP CITY
feat. Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Blake Griffin
Special Guests:
John Collins & "3pt Champ" McBuckets
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests