Silogical wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:03 am
Dennis wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:14 am
TheTwoWallaces wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:13 am

Then come make an offer youngblood ;)
There are no assets left on your team
Ojeleye Winslow #13 LAC 24 1st IND 25 1st IND 26 1st if he decides not to go for the playoffs that year. Yes the pick is top 10 protected and will be corrected soon. He is doing fine.
Good to see protection added. Those Assets still won't get him to POs in 26 or 27 though. Also I see lac 24 1st as a B level asset. The Indy pick is a level. Can't be traded for though (consecutive). Rest is C level or worse.
Boston Celtics "HoF":
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook <> 2016 - 2019
PG M. Conley <> 2018 - 2020

7 times Atlantic Division Champs.
Total: 536:284 (65%)

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Trade Chatter

Post Author: OneNole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:59 am

This is probably a main reason why new joiners should be required to have a vet gm go over all trades with a new joiner for the first season they are here. They dont understand the value or the long term effects these trades can have. Because if there is any gm that wont mind ripping a team off its Miami. I would never have an issue making a trade like this with someone who has been here a while, but something in me just would allow me to make a deal like this with a new joiner.

But as I told another GM a few weeks ago who eads considering accepting a bad trade from a new gm. If that gm didnt do the deal, Miami would so you might as well just do it.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

drumr
CEO

Post Author: drumr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:11 am

That last sentence really made me laugh fornsome reason. I think that was me lolol.
Cleveland Cavaliers
2018-2019 -- ( 52-30 )
2019-2020 -- ( 53-29 )
2020-2021 -- ( 54-28 )
2022-2023 -- (46-36)
NEW CLAMP CITY
feat. Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Blake Griffin
Special Guests:
John Collins & "3pt Champ" McBuckets

Silogical
CEO

Post Author: Silogical » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:17 am

OneNole wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:59 am
This is probably a main reason why new joiners should be required to have a vet gm go over all trades with a new joiner for the first season they are here. They dont understand the value or the long term effects these trades can have. Because if there is any gm that wont mind ripping a team off its Miami. I would never have an issue making a trade like this with someone who has been here a while, but something in me just would allow me to make a deal like this with a new joiner.

But as I told another GM a few weeks ago who eads considering accepting a bad trade from a new gm. If that gm didnt do the deal, Miami would so you might as well just do it.
The characters in this league are really funny. You traded reggie jackson and a very late 1st for a future 1st from a new joiner.

If anyone else makes this trade the comments would be its the 13th pick for a pick in the 10-20 range 4 years from now fair trade. If its me its the worst trade in CSL history. Recent pick trades that received less attention than this mickey for cha 1st swanigan for ind 24 1st.

BTW this is the 1st time a made a trade with someone who joined within the month.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: hardenwithnod » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:21 am

Now that there’s a top 10 protection on it, then I think it will be much more beneficial for Indy.
Cotton/Rivers/Lewis
Teodosic/Napier/Dotson
Devyn-Marble/Caboclo/Brooks
Rabb/Spellman
Cauley-Stein/Anigbogu/Welsh

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: OneNole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:23 am

I dont recall that, as I was trying to give reggie Jackson away for free and could never find a taker. I remember seeing him valued by other teams after I finally got rid of him and thinking "wtf"

Silogical
CEO

Post Author: Silogical » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:26 am

OneNole wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:23 am
I dont recall that, as I was trying to give reggie Jackson away for free and could never find a taker. I remember seeing him valued by other teams after I finally got rid of him and thinking "wtf"
well i remember it because it was me, I wouldve loved to get the 13th pick instead of reggie jackson.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:27 am

OneNole wrote:

Anderson? You came in one season after me, but I was brand new at dds while you were expieranced. Result?!.. You know man

Maybe you have changed since but you did a number on me, a few years back
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

drumr
CEO

Post Author: drumr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:36 am

I'm on the record on my opinion about picks. Useful assets mostly overrated because it's gambling. I do agree rebuilding teams should always protect. Even then it backfires like this season for me cause circumstances change fast.
Cleveland Cavaliers
2018-2019 -- ( 52-30 )
2019-2020 -- ( 53-29 )
2020-2021 -- ( 54-28 )
2022-2023 -- (46-36)
NEW CLAMP CITY
Special Guests:

Silogical
CEO

Post Author: Silogical » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am

Andrewu91 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:27 am
OneNole wrote:

Anderson? You came in one season after me, but I was brand new at dds while you were expieranced. Result?!.. You know man

There is actually a 3rd robbery of new comers by the guy who would never do that that tops both of our trades. Does anyone remember okafor for ATL 1st? Atlanta was hot garbage and the pick ended up turning into KAT. I searched the trade, the guy joined on oct 6th 2016 and the trade was made nov 29th 2016.

Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus

Post Author: Dennis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:49 am

Silogical wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:17 am
OneNole wrote:

The characters in this league are really funny. You traded reggie jackson and a very late 1st for a future 1st from a new joiner.

If anyone else makes this trade the comments would be its the 13th pick for a pick in the 10-20 range 4 years from now fair trade. If its me its the worst trade in CSL history. Recent pick trades that received less attention than this mickey for cha 1st swanigan for ind 24 1st.

BTW this is the 1st time a made a trade with someone who joined within the month.
Aah, just to make it clear. I got the first for mickey yeah, but OP won a title here. He wasn't/isn't a new joiner. But putting together trades like that with a new guy is what sucks - like Brett said. If a vet fucks it up, he will still get honest feedback, but who cares if a vet fucks it up. He should know better.. a new guy just can't.

With thst said I normally run my offers by Myles or jon first and it feels like negotiating with them first to kmlw what admins/vets think. At least when I was considering to package my farm (but fox) for AD and Myles said he wouldn't accept unless for is included haha.
Boston Celtics "HoF":

Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus

Post Author: Dennis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:51 am

Silogical wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am
Andrewu91 wrote:
OneNole wrote:

There is actually a 3rd robbery of new comers by the guy who would never do that that tops both of our trades. Does anyone remember okafor for ATL 1st? Atlanta was hot garbage and the pick ended up turning into KAT. I searched the trade, the guy joined on oct 6th 2016 and the trade was made nov 29th 2016.
Haha yeah, I remember that one. It was the decade of utter trash classes though.. kyrus and I guilty as charged . Picks didn't have the best value back then - even though it still looks very lopsided.
Boston Celtics "HoF":

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: OneNole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 am

You joined in August 2015, it's hard to remember 4 years ago but I think I wasnt even in the league then as I had recently left. I think I got Jackson in the offseason but dont have access to the historical pages to verify.

Andrew you were already here for a season and was hounding me for a month for anderson after repeatedly turning you down.

And Okafor was the 4th overall pick by me and had value and dealt him before ebb en seeing kat. That's the only deal I would have dealt him for. It only looks bad now bc of how good that class was. It sure wouldn't look bad if it was embiid or any other class

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:12 am

Silogical wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am
Andrewu91 wrote:
OneNole wrote:

Damn. Shut this down. Proof in the pudding.... No way escaping lol
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

drumr
CEO

Post Author: drumr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 am

I mean some of this is common sense though and you can't ways protect people even when you try. You're a new GM you've had an entire month of not being allowed to trade and then the first thing you do is trade your lotto pick for Okafor. I wasn't here for it, but that seems like if it wasn't him that pock would've been traded somewhere.
Cleveland Cavaliers
2018-2019 -- ( 52-30 )
2019-2020 -- ( 53-29 )
2020-2021 -- ( 54-28 )
2022-2023 -- (46-36)
NEW CLAMP CITY
Special Guests:

Silogical
CEO

Post Author: Silogical » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:01 am

OneNole wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 am
And Okafor was the 4th overall pick by me and had value and dealt him before ebb en seeing kat. That's the only deal I would have dealt him for. It only looks bad now bc of how good that class was. It sure wouldn't look bad if it was embiid or any other class
well here's your comment
I would never have an issue making a trade like this with someone who has been here a while, but something in me just would allow me to make a deal like this with a new joiner.
and heres the comments about your trade
New people should never trade unprotected picks and vet GMs should know not to accept them.
I feel bad for some of these new gm's. They should at least pass a gm tutorial before they join.
Yep. There should have been protection on that pick at least.
But onenole is such a high integrity gm...
I don't know what's worse, ATL getting duped by a snake for his biggest and brightest asset and getting a shiny turd in return, or people actually thinking this is remotely fair.
If you polish and hype turd enough, sometimes it looks like gold.
old trade chatter is pretty funny

Jon actually made the exact same comment for both of us :lol: the difference being I made sure to include protection.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: OneNole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 am

Still not a good example for that trade. Okafor is arguably the 3rd best player in that draft and he never reached the potentials that my scouts suggested he could reach. The deal only looks bad bc the pick landed #1. If it landed anywhere after 6 I lose. At least Atlanta received an asset for a player they had information on.

You traded a late lotto pick to a team that had done little scouting and diesnt have enough experience in this engine yet to know which types of players would be valuable. Hell, there are GMs that have been here for years who still cant figure out who will be good.

The best example for this trade is when I traded pick 11 to okc for a future pick if another team and ondrew went ahead and selected Bwmbry who I had rated, if I remember correctly, as a 2nd round prospect

Also, protections have to be one of the more overrated things in this league. I would never advise a team to put a protection later than pick 5 as protections have arguably hurt more teams than they have helped. Especially when you factor in teams trading assets later on to remove those protections to facilitate other trades.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: OneNole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:41 am

I should add that perpetual lottery teams should add protections but keep them minimal. Ideally they should never trade a pick at all. No team honestly should unless they are a contender or the deal moves them into contender status

Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus

Post Author: Dennis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 am

OneNole wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:41 am
I should add that perpetual lottery teams should add protections but keep them minimal. Ideally they should never trade a pick at all. No team honestly should unless they are a contender or the deal moves them into contender status
So I shouldn’t trade my pick?
Boston Celtics "HoF":

Flaming Homer
Senior Vice President

Post Author: Flaming Homer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am

hardenwithnod wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:21 am
Now that there’s a top 10 protection on it, then I think it will be much more beneficial for Indy.
This