League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Q&A with Biz

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Q&A with Biz

Post by KW »

let's do it

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: Q&A with Biz

Post by Stockton12 »

whats your plan for this season ..do you regret now signing looney and Tyus to huge deals

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Do you expect to be a contender this year? I personally see you as a wild card so wondering your opinion.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Who’s better in your opinion:
KAT or KP?

Also, do you think the Jones / KAT / Monk / Looney core is enough for a title? If you count Bender, Mika, Patton and Webber, that’s 8 good rotation players, but all the financial flexibility and picks are almost gone. It must mean you’re feeling good about your chances or betting high on LAC’s pick or a trade landing you a difference maker.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:09 am whats your plan for this season ..do you regret now signing looney and Tyus to huge deals
I think Tyus is a really important piece and don't regret matching him at all. Looney's deal I was very much on the fence about, but I believe I'll squeeze KAT and Weber's contracts in under the HC next summer even with those huge contracts. We were in great financial shape till this summer.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 am Do you expect to be a contender this year? I personally see you as a wild card so wondering your opinion.
I feel like we can contend very soon. If not this year, then next year. There's a lot of new pieces to work with, a lot of strategies I want to try, but the biggest difference is the defense of our backcourt, which was previously a huge weakness and a source of many losses last year. Weber and Bradley should be huge additions.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 am Who’s better in your opinion:
KAT or KP?

Also, do you think the Jones / KAT / Monk / Looney core is enough for a title? If you count Bender, Mika, Patton and Webber, that’s 8 good rotation players, but all the financial flexibility and picks are almost gone. It must mean you’re feeling good about your chances or betting high on LAC’s pick or a trade landing you a difference maker.
I feel good about the core's chances. KAT and Monk are as good of a young duo as I could've asked for. After them, I tried my best to surround then with super versatile players who can defend and/or pass from all positions. There's no guarantee that my top 10 stays the same all season, but it's more likely than it's ever been. Can't wait to see it in action. We may or may not contend this year but I'm confident this core eventually will. Everyone you mentioned is 24 years old or under, 6 are 22 or under.

I'm always trying to add assets but I feel good about the Clippers pick right now. If that's the only way to upgrade my roster outside of internal improvement, I'm ok with that.

As for the KP/KAT debate: they're so incredibly close. It's tough to compare even though I've had both, because the supporting cast a were night and day. But for me, I like the more steady KAT by a whisker (ba dum tss) over KP, who seems to have higher highs and lows lows. With Monk primary a three point shooter (which will naturally have it's ups and downs) I think the consistency is key. KATs defended better for me, been a steadier hand on offense, and didn't foul out of every other game. Really can't go wrong with either though.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Looking at the development of mika and bender, do you regret bringing Looney back? Especially as he should be slotted behind both looking at ratings only.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

What rule can we expect to see implemented next off-season by the admins as a result of your unique tactics?

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

As draft head, if you could guarantee yourself one prospect to fill the biggest need on your roster, what position would that player be and what would be his unique skill set?
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Dennis wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 am Looking at the development of mika and bender, do you regret bringing Looney back? Especially as he should be slotted behind both looking at ratings only.
Not really. Bender won't be playing the same position as them, and Looney has consistently outplayed his ratings since he's been here and will continue to start this season unless Mika really blows me away.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 am What rule can we expect to see implemented next off-season by the admins as a result of your unique tactics?
No team will be allowed more than 5 all stars :mrgreen:

But really I don't foresee myself playing too many crazy lineups this season. My players are versatile enough across the board that I don't see a need for it.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rizzo wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am As draft head, if you could guarantee yourself one prospect to fill the biggest need on your roster, what position would that player be and what would be his unique skill set?
That's a good one... For this team, give me a big long point guard who can playmake like Tyler Ulis, defend like Okaro, shoot threes at a 40+ % clip and rebound like a frontcourt player. Actually if I could morph Tyus and Weber into one player I would be set.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

With Bender being locked as a forward what are you going to do with him now?
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Cleasby wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm With Bender being locked as a forward what are you going to do with him now?
already planned on him being a SF this season since I have backcourt defense this year, so the position rules don't really change much for me.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

BizGilwalker wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Cleasby wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm With Bender being locked as a forward what are you going to do with him now?
already planned on him being a SF this season since I have backcourt defense this year, so the position rules don't really change much for me.
Can he be effective on a playoff team there? If so how?
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Cleasby wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:53 pm
BizGilwalker wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Can he be effective on a playoff team there? If so how?
I believe he can be an elite role player quite similar to what Joe Ingles does for you. Won't be a 94DEF guy but more versatile.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Same

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

How far do you think Houston will go this year

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:31 am How far do you think Houston will go this year
We were really close to going all the way last year, that's the goal again this year.