League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New Orleans Season Recap (kinda?)

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

New Orleans Season Recap (kinda?)

Post by Ramcus »

The Pelicans have had a rough year. With a superstar in Anthony Davis, the Pels have finished 30-52. Spending much of their time this season without a general manager, it is no surprise they performed so poorly. In spite of that, new GM Ramcus has some uplifting words to say regarding the future of the team.
I know I am new here. I know I don't have much experience. But I've also come to understand the legacy of this franchise, and what lengths they have reached before. I ask fans to be patient, for this will be an exciting, if not fruitful off season. I will say it here folks, we will be aiming for the big free agents this off season, and will be contending for a championship next season.
Thanks to the previous GM, new GM Ramcus does not have much to work with, but with this pending free agent class, with Superstars such as Bledsoe, Harden, and PG, they have some things to work with.
General Manager Ramcus states that
If we strike out on free agents I personally will apologise to the fans. You all deserve better, and I will work towards that better future. We will have difficult decisions among us in the next couple years. Thank you all for your patience.
With many of their contracts off the books this up coming off season, the Pelicans look to retool their team and begin contending again. Big name free agent Vucevic comes off a fairly mediocre season, despite posting career highs in Points and Offensive Rebounds.
The Pelicans are looking to decline Parsons' team option, and as such he will also be hitting the free market. A career long "should be taking more shots," teams will be raving to offer him a team friendly contract. Parsons will give any team that signs him that playoff pedigree and his veteran leadership. At 33, he may only have a few years left to be a contributing factor on any team.
Brice Johnson had his best season yet, averaging a steal and a block per game. Career high in Rebounds. Johnson looks to increase his value in the coming years, as he is still young and depends on a point guard to get him his shots.
With Anthony Davis slowly beginning to reach his twilight years, General Manager Ramcus looks to retool his roster as soon as possible, with the hopes of contending for a CLS Championship.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: New Orleans Season Recap (kinda?)

Post by Myles »

When the Pelicans had steady management, they won a title around Anthony Davis. It won't be easy, but it can be done. You got this Ramcus!

By "you got this," I mean I have faith you'll be able to build a team capable of making it to the WCF where you will lose to me. You can do it!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

NOP is a tough situation on paper, as there isn't much outside of AD, and the lack of picks is a problem. However, all of this could change drastically if you can manage to snag a big time FA or two in this off-season, as that might be just enough help for AD to carry this NOP to a playoff run.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

This team would have made the playoffs if AD didn't get injured.
This is the big question mark again. But some good signings and he stays healthy and I would not bet against him.