League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New Orleans suffers another year of disappointment!

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Raidercj
General Manager

New Orleans suffers another year of disappointment!

Post by Raidercj »

Anthony Davis’ led Pelicans face another year unraveled by injuries and team woes. Rumor has it around the league that the Pelicans are looking to move on from a couple of players before the deadline. The word is unofficial and we doubt the front office will comment on the matter. The chatter is that Roy Devyn Marble, Brandon Knight and Vucevic are on the move. Of course, this is all speculation at this time. We hear they may actually be shopping the entire team, but once again this is all rumor. Will there be any lucky team to get a piece or two of the Pelicans?
New Orleans’ GM Chris stated in an interview last week, “We are a resilient team and we should be able to still make the playoffs as we did last year. The hard part is getting the team to rally behind the team leaders in Knight and Marble after such a loss this season. The hardest part is we were number two in our division and on course for the postseason and now everything is up in the air. Sorry I won’t answer any questions on AD or any players status with the team.” He cut the interview short after being triggered by the questions on the players.

It seems like New Orleans wants to make a run at the postseason from his interview but there are other rumors swirling around the league. The General Manager of the Nuggest’s said the Pelicans are better waiting to sell in the offseason unless a stellar deal comes before that time. It’s assumed he was referring to Anthony Davis but we haven’t had any other team confirm AD was offered in any blockbuster. Could there be a deal in the works behind the scene? It is unknown at this point, and we are working all possible sources for answers.

Basketball gets the best around the trade deadline, we get to see some teams make the leap and try and push their way into the playoffs while others trade away all assets for a summer time rebuild.

At the end of the day, it seems like New Orleans Pelicans are in disarray. Albeit, GM Chris confirmed the team still wants to make an offseason push. Could this be a blanket to cover any possible trade deadline moves they make? One thing is for certain, since taking over the Pelicans General Manager Chris has not shied away from pulling the trigger on a deal that would benefit the team.
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: New Orleans suffers another year of disappointment!

Post by Jestor »

AD broke his leg last year and now broke his ankle this year. At this point, I'm wondering if he's now been tabbed as injury-prone by the game.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Hmmmm
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Man, I wonder if AD is catching that stupid dds injury curse. Tough break, man.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

That's so tough man. What a terrible way to start the 2nd half of the season. And your team looked like it was ready for a playoff push. I hope you don't give up on the season as AD will be back for April at least, so you have to find a way to make the playoffs and be competitive and relevant without him once again. Then, it's all about playing perfectly when he comes back and hope that's enough.

Well, with the current state of trade market, I would only consider dealing AD during offseason, unless something otherworldly comes out of nowhere which is very very very unlikely.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Hate to see a player of his status go down for a second year in a row. I think you could still swing a serious deal for him and get some serious return, but hopefully the injuries haven't derailed his value.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

I think it's time to capitalize on the value AD has.
Clown.Show.League