League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Best start in OKC History

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Best start in OKC History

Post by Andrewu91 »

The Oklahoma City Thunder have continued their winning(dating back since the title), and have officially surpassed past seasons and so far in this season have started out 7-2. To this date, that is the best record the franchise has had, dating back since the CSL started. When asked GM Andrew for a comment, he had this to say .. "I need a raise".

He does deserve a raise for what he has accomplished in the little time managing the Oklahoma City Thunder. But why are the Thunder clicking so well?

A lot has to do with the team itself. They can defend, rebound, shoot threes and that's what it takes to win in this league. Dating back a few years ago when Magic GM Willy was talking to Andrew, Andrew wanted to surround Stanley with defense and threes. So far, it has worked. Also, the submatrix and depth chart has a lot to do with it also. They have a perfect blend of scoring in the first and second unit.

So while the Thunder are achieving, they still have tough teams to compete with. The Kings are still the Kings and Westbrook will finally be healthy this year. The Sun's are a year older and have added a future star in Donavon Mitchell. The Western Conference is much tougher this year. The East are also tough. The Celtics are growing and have put out a great regular season team. They should have a top seed locked up going into the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, let's see if Dennis can overcome the past demons that have haunted the team. The Chicago Bulls are also overachieving and if the rumors are correct, they could be the favorites very soon. Cavs are still there and the reigning Eastern Conference Champion Miami Heat won't go down easy.

So while it's early in the season, the Thunder GM is proud of how things are going so far. Let's see how it continues...

336 words
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Best start in OKC History

Post by WillyJakkz »

Incredible start man and you haven't had a candy ass schedule either... SAC twice MEM GS DAL who all have outstanding scorers as well.

Great work man!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I’m not surprised, you basically ran it back from last season. Our division is tough but I’m hoping to be on top by the end of the year. We should have beat you, lost by only 3, but I’m still learning who can play where. I feel confident we’ll win our next matchup, provided health and all that

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team will be good once again, as long as you guys stay healthy, then I can see another deep playoff run once again. A repeat is certainly possible!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Myles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 pm I’m not surprised, you basically ran it back from last season. Our division is tough but I’m hoping to be on top by the end of the year. We should have beat you, lost by only 3, but I’m still learning who can play where. I feel confident we’ll win our next matchup, provided health and all that
Let's seeee. Remind me so I can put in a real DC before our matchup.
Last edited by Andrewu91 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 pm This team will be good once again, as long as you guys stay healthy, then I can see another deep playoff run once again. A repeat is certainly possible!
I'm hoping man

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:44 pm Incredible start man and you haven't had a candy ass schedule either... SAC twice MEM GS DAL who all have outstanding scorers as well.

Great work man!
Yeah tough start. 3/4 of my games at home next. Let's see how it goes.