League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: Em-Bed

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Brian Schmitz Report: Em-Bed

Post by WillyJakkz »

Brian Schmitz: And just like that, the Magic are without starting C Joel Embiid who will be sidelined for 53 days with a broken leg, ironically the same amount of days as C Andre Drummond who is rehabbing a torn ACL.

C Joel Embiid

While putting up 16pts 9rebs and 2blks in 32mins of action in the 116-88 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, Embiid was injured on an ill-fated play where he gobbled an offensive rebound and was going back up for the slam. Laker C Christian Wood grabbed Embiid while F Georgios Papagiannis attempted to block the dunk inadvertently landing on Embiid's fibula sending the C to the floor in pain.

"I wanted to swing on both of those guys... I wanted to punch 'em... I felt it was intentional", said Embiid.

"The refs should've done something much earlier in the game, you could clearly see they (LA) were trying to goon it up the entire night and now we have to pay the cost due to bad officiating so I'll take my fine and move on", Coach Van Gundy stated.

Embiid who was averaging 17pts 11rebs 2.7blks and 1stl per game will be sidelined until late January.
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: Em-Bed

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Tough break but you have your pick

Imagine adding a lottery talent to Embiid Wiggins Anderson and Drummond..

Actually if you move Embiid or Drummond for a PF this team with a lotto PG would look dope
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 am Tough break but you have your pick

Imagine adding a lottery talent to Embiid Wiggins Anderson and Drummond..

Actually if you move Embiid or Drummond for a PF this team with a lotto PG would look dope
I see what you did there :x lol

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Agreed with Marcos that a nice pick could do wonders for this team. This injury is probably a blessing in disguise for your future. There were no playoff hopes for this season imo - the extra asset you'll get this summer can go a long way towards changing that.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Lol wasn’t intended but good catch
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

BizGilwalker wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 am Agreed with Marcos that a nice pick could do wonders for this team. This injury is probably a blessing in disguise for your future. There were no playoff hopes for this season imo - the extra asset you'll get this summer can go a long way towards changing that.
Damn... no playoff hopes at all? We're only 3 losses ahead of 8th seeded WAS, I felt we were keeping pace and turning things around with the new style we play.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I can't see Willy tanking. He's going to do everything he can to win over the next two months, and while I think Orlando will fall too far behind during that stretch, they'll still gun for the 8th seed after Embiid and Drummond are back. They have a strong team and it would be nice to add that top pick, but if this past draft is any indication, they can still get talent at picks 10-13 or so.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Myles wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:12 am I can't see Willy tanking. He's going to do everything he can to win over the next two months, and while I think Orlando will fall too far behind during that stretch, they'll still gun for the 8th seed after Embiid and Drummond are back. They have a strong team and it would be nice to add that top pick, but if this past draft is any indication, they can still get talent at picks 10-13 or so.
No tanking and man this freaking' sucks big time... I was so hyped about my team and definitely was looking forward to the Embiid KAT showdown next week.

Definitely glad I didn't move Chriss for a wing player like I contemplated earlier on (couldn't agree on value either... enter Dennis with his "you value Chriss too much" statement).

Still stunned so not sure what to do with the lineup at this point but will see how we do vs Portland etc this wk before making a change.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Sucks to see Embiid go down after playing so well all year for you. At least it's only a break and not a season ender.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

That's a tough break, as Embiid is having a good season. If I am not mistaken, he had a serious leg injury from a few seasons ago as well, and I wonder if his durability just gave out on him.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Yeah, you should be able to put a Band-Aid on the position with Chriss or a small deal and hold on until Embid comes back - still be in playoff contention. Worst case, it's still before the trade deadline when he does and you can make forward thinking moves if you're out of it by then. I suspect you won't be.
Clown.Show.League

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Sometimes I don’t understand all of your moves, but I respect that you don’t tank no matter what and try to win at all costs. I hope it works out and think you’ve put together an interesting roster, but I’m looking forward to seeing how the team plays when you’re healthy.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Tough to see both big men down and out like this but it could work out in the end for the best.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Embiid, Drummond, Wiggins, Anderson, Cov, top 5 pick.. don't mess this up Willy
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

hardenwithnod wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:45 pm That's a tough break, as Embiid is having a good season. If I am not mistaken, he had a serious leg injury from a few seasons ago as well, and I wonder if his durability just gave out on him.
His durability is like 50 and he was playing a lot of minutes

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm Embiid, Drummond, Wiggins, Anderson, Cov, top 5 pick.. don't mess this up Willy
:lol: not gonna lie, I'd rather make the Playoffs than have a Top 5 Pick... do you realize how long the offseason is? I had gotten used to being in the Playoffs but missed last season and oh my goodness that was the longest wait ever. I was rooting for series sweeps lol

As for Embiid mins played he's only up 4mins (33) from his high mins played in GS (29).

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Sorry to hear Embid is down.
Unfortunately much to often reality in the game. Only way to prepare is building deep enough teams.

Hope you can hang in there and make a push when both big man are back on board!!