League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Quick Hit Smart Rumor

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Quick Hit Smart Rumor

Post by Jestor »

Word leaked out of Portland this morning that the Blazers are considering pulling Marcus Smart off the block and waiting until the deadline next year. According to an unnamed source: “It’s a pile of average offers that there’s really not much to choose or distinguish between, so we’re not feeling the need to make a move now.”

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Quick Hit Smart Rumor

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, I could see this coming and can't blame you. If the offers aren't fitting your needs then holding on might be the right call. I'm interested to see what this does to the direction of your team if you end up going this way though since Ingles is already heading out of town.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Depends on what we do with the hole at center (then again, that was a problem last year, too).

We'll definitely have much stronger depth everywhere bar center and that might be enough to offset transitioning from Ingles to Little.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Tough to not have a ton of leverage as your rebuild can't really kick off until he's moved. But can't blame you for holding out for a good deal, I'm sure during the season someone will get trigger happy. Could even be us :0
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart