League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Must win at the Garden

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Must win at the Garden

Post by Andrewu91 »

With Miami destroying the Knicks on their home floor last night, several players for the Knicks were disappointed.

Including one of those players was George DePaula. He had an absolute dominant game with 20 points, 19 assists, 7 rebounds and 3 steals. After the loss, he had some words to say..

" I can only do so much. Averaging 32 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds for the series, and we are still down. We need the big men and role players to step up now!"

Zion and JJJ are both young players and struggling so far this series. Zion on the season was a beast. But going against Ben Simmons hasn't been an easy task. Ben has held Zion in check. And in check I mean.. 23 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, but on 33% shooting. If the Knicks want to win this game tonight, Zion must have a breakout game.

The other big? Jaren Jackson Jr. has been underperforming as well. In game 2, he fouled out in only 14 minutes. And his averages have been average so far, averaging just 15 points and 10 rebounds.

So tonight at the Garden can make or break the Knicks. If they win, series is tied 2-2 and they are heading back to Miami with a chance to steal another game there. If they lose, well it's pretty much over.

CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Must win at the Garden

Post by GreenBear »

Your team is hanging in there and playing really tough, which is what you hope for going against the best team in the league.

You have to figure Zion will break out of his funk at some point, despite it being a tough matchup.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 pm Your team is hanging in there and playing really tough, which is what you hope for going against the best team in the league.

You have to figure Zion will break out of his funk at some point, despite it being a tough matchup.
Yeah I hope so man. But even worse, Terrance Ferguson is shooting just 11% in 32 minutes. Averaging just 1ppg lol.
He needs to break out of his funk.

Either way, win or lose, as long as we fight hard and give it a series, I am fine with it either way. I never expected to win it all this year in season 1 with a young team.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

3 point shooters are notoriously hot and cold (CJ McCollum...). Even the great ones like Monk, as kyrus will attest to. Hopefully Ferguson breaks out of it in time.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm 3 point shooters are notoriously hot and cold (CJ McCollum...). Even the great ones like Monk, as kyrus will attest to. Hopefully Ferguson breaks out of it in time.
Yeah. I noticed last post season, he played bad for you. Hopefully he's not just a regular season player..

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

This looks like a real good series and an impressive showing by the Knicks. GDP is killin' it!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I was expecting the Knicks to give Miami a hard time, more because of the ability to score inside though.
That GDP is dominating like this on every level I didn't expect. Thought he will have all time high in assists and the 2 center will do the damage scoring wise. So much for that.
Miami's defense against Zion and JJJ is top notch so far.

Doesn't matter how this series ends, from here on the Knicks look scary.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:51 am I was expecting the Knicks to give Miami a hard time, more because of the ability to score inside though.
That GDP is dominating like this on every level I didn't expect. Thought he will have all time high in assists and the 2 center will do the damage scoring wise. So much for that.
Miami's defense against Zion and JJJ is top notch so far.

Doesn't matter how this series ends, from here on the Knicks look scary.
Yeah man, I am just as surprised as you are with GDP. Like who is this guy, the Chauncey Billups of the csl?!
Looking forward to the future regardless if I lose by 50 next game.

But if I lose by that much, I might throw a tantrum and GDP might be on the block. So who knows

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Bump. For good luck

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Game 5 ended in a loss. The Knicks by then lost Jaren Jackson Jr. to foul trouble. Going into the 4th quarter, Knicks trailed by 2 points

By then, however, is when Miami took advantage and showed why they are the best. In the 4th quarter, Kyle Kuzma and Ben Simmons exploded to seal the deal with a timestamp on the game.

Knicks GM made a few changes. But regardless, tonight should be another dogfight, to the finish.