League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Ben Simmons - I want to be CSL MVP

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Ben Simmons - I want to be CSL MVP

Post by Andrewu91 »

Beginning the season, many did not know how the Miami Heat would fare. They have been competing for years but they were missing something or someone.

Mostly keeping their roster intact for this season and with the engine switch, anything could have happened with this team. But the team motto changed and we now know why the Heat are killing other teams in games.

The answer?

Me

Once I become the assistant General Manager, I had a vision in mind. After making the criticized Stanley Johnson Jr. Into a multiple All Star, I had asked myself, what is needed for the Miami Heat?

The answer was simple. Let's make Ben Simmons even better and the most dominant player in CSL History. The role players will always be just role players, but if Ben Simmons takes another step forward, this team would be unstoppable.

That's when Silo and I made it happen. We have our #1 guy who will carry us. Right now we are looking for that #2 option that will benefit and work with Simmons.

The one guy who is showing some signs is Kyle Kuzma. His defense is a problem but he can score at will. He is averaging close to 15ppg in 25mpg. We are hoping as the season continues, we can find that solid #2 option on this team.

As always though, the Miami Heat are entertaining offers for players. I will be taking calls all week and we can talk trades. Do you, have a real #2 scoring option, who can shoot and score? Defense is a plus.

Anywho, with a 3-0 start, we are in no rush to make a move but we are always willing to listen to moves, that doesn't include Ben Simmons.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Ben Simmons - I want to be CSL MVP

Post by KW »

Shoot better than 50 TS% and get back to me.

It doesn't appear artificially pumping up a star's stats is a winning strategy here.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

KW wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 pm Shoot better than 50 TS% and get back to me.

It doesn't appear artificially pumping up a star's stats is a winning strategy here.
1-3

I won't take this opinion seriously.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

KW wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 pm Shoot better than 50 TS% and get back to me.

1-3

but ill take you slightly seriously

When we can adjust pass pref ill be able to balance out my roster. Simmons taking 10 fewer shots per game will get him up to 60 TS%. Until then its a one man show in miami.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:37 am

1-3

When we can adjust pass pref ill be able to balance out my roster. Simmons taking 10 fewer shots per game will get him up to 60 TS%. Until then its a one man show in miami.
Stop. The lottery teams don't deserve an answer.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Silogical wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:37 am

1-3

Being able to adjust PASS% is no guarantee as it will be assessed after this season. Everyone is dealt the same hand and will need to make adjustments. I know we got Ben Simmons and the rest of your team to perform balanced in testing so its very possible with the current ratings. There's nothing wrong with having Simmons be your go to guy if that's the style you want to play, but you can always adjust his Drive Kick to be higher if you want him to pass more.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Simmons is putting up some crazy numbers for sure, but I wonder if this will be a long term winning strategy, as others are not really involved on the offense. Curious to see how long this will last before you guys decide to switch things up.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Ben Simmons: "I want to be CSL MVP"
CSL last season: "Am I a joke to you?"
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present