League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2024 All Star Rosters Announced

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
drumr
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2024 All Star Rosters Announced

Post by drumr »

Myles wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:29 am I personally give roughly 0% weight to defense when voting for the all star game.
Really? So you've never voted Okaro or Porter to an all-star game? I'm curious. Are you a big on scoring for the all-star game type voter?
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Everyone has their own criteria obviously. I value 2-way players, so I usually lean that way in my voting. Big scoring numbers do nothing for me unless they're also efficient. Other people only vote for guys with flashy offensive numbers because the ASG is just a flashy offensive game anyway.

There's no wrong answer. Unless you're voting for Fultz in the wrong conference. And the wrong position. Or Josh Davis as a starter.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I can’t say for sure that I’ve never voted for those guys before, but I can say that I based my votes this season on who’s produced the most: points, rebounds, assists, shooting %, not turnovers, steals, blocks. That to me is what the ASG is about. You can be an All Star without being a top player in the league, IMO.

I am much more comprehensive with my end of season voting including All-CSL teams, aiming to get the top 15 players represented on those teams. But for the ASG, it’s just a loose fun thing

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I try to vote for two way players so they get my #1 picks. Next usually goes to the best player on a playoff team. What's left goes to best stats.
Cleveland Cavaliers

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

I vote for best teams in the League players first, then best individual players so guys like Porzingis got voted in late or wild card even if his stats are better than an Isaiah Austin for example, I won't vote him over Austin due to the Jazz poor record.

I tried not to vote for GM-less teams players as starters as well, what's the point in that?

Lastly I didn't or try not to vote for recently traded guys who were on not so good teams then go to better situations (Milos) for example as he is now taking a spot from a more deserving guy.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Willy described criteria I use perfectly except I do consider steals and blocks.
Cleveland Cavaliers

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Sorry for not voting. I just couldn't find the time.
ImageImageImageImageImage