League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: "Mr. October"

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Brian Schmitz Report: "Mr. October"

Post by WillyJakkz »

Brian Schmitz: With no suitors coming into the 2023 CSL Season, PG Reggie Jackson seems to have been quite the diamond in the rough.

PG Reggie Jackson PPG: 13 APG: 6
Reggie Jackson had been sitting on his couch wondering if the calls or at least one call would ever come this past offseason.

After his stint in Orlando last season where he put up 8pts and 3asts as a reserve, he became part of the trade to the Charlotte Hornets that eventually brought FC Derrick Favors to the club.

"I remember hitting the gyms this past summer thinking, Ok... someone will give me a shot", Jackson stated. "But the calls never came." After Free Agency began, rosters were getting filled and the use for a PG seemed to be less and less. Then finally, Orlando came calling.

"It was great as I enjoyed my time here last season but I understand the business of hoops as well. So when they called and wanted to sign me, I was thrilled". said Jackson.

After being inserted into the starting lineup (with bench duties in between as well), Jackson has been averaging 16pts and 6asts per game. All as a vet minimum paid player.

"He's certainly been an integral piece for what we've been doing", Coach Van Gundy stated.

Jackson also helped spurn the team on an 8 game winning streak last month as the team continues to hope for a final playoff push in the stacked East.

With the team embroiled with trade deadline talks, it remains to be seen what happens but Jackson is confident he can help the team continue its run.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: "Mr. October"

Post by Myles »

Jackson’s a good player and one I had targeted in the past. Glad to see he’s doing well in Orlando