League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Running Off the Type Writer: Changes coming?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Running Off the Type Writer: Changes coming?

Post by OneNole »

Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinele
11-5-2019

Running off the type writer.....

Could changes finally be coming to the Magic? Could GM OneNole be ready to come out of retirement and look to take over his hometown team? I was at the Magic game Monday night as they took on the Philadelphia 76ers, I noticed famed former GM OneNole taking in the game with team president John Weltman. Could this finally be happening? Long have I been clamoring for the Magic to make a move and bring back home OneNole.

Every year we seem to ask ourselves what in the hell GM WillyJakkz is doing. And every year he brings us another mediocre team. Every year! A career record of 344 - 434 (44%) and only 3 playoff appearances in 10 seasons. (missing season records for 2015, but we know that was a lost season) How much losing does an organization take before a change is made. Do we really need to be the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL with Jason Garrett?

Not only would OneNole bring this franchise back to the playoffs, but he would rule the SouthEast and make this team a contender every year like he has done in every city he has been in. Make the damn move Jeff!......

Short stuff: Are the Green Bay Packers of the CSFL the best team we have seen since the early 2000s Patriots? They have the number 1 scoring offense and defense.... In an unprecedented move, the Florida State Seminoles have fired WIllie Taggart in just 21 games. Sources say the next coach may be super coach Bob Stoops, what a coup that would be..... finally, is anyone else excited that 80 degree weather is finally here for the next 2 months?

Last word: Peace, love, and boiled peanuts.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Running Off the Type Writer: Changes coming?

Post by emplep7 »

Hah I thought Willy stepped down when I first saw this and I somehow missed it.

I always wonder which GMs here would be fired if this were the NBA due to losing or not listening to the ownership/fans to make improvements. Sounds like a potential article...

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I definitely would not still be the GM in Denver if I had an owner to answer to, I won like 60 games combined in my first three seasons.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'd think Dennis would be in the hot seat every season, as his team has so much talent but never makes it deep in the playoffs.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

I mean to be fair, I'd probably be fired for leading this team to 5 finals and only winning 1.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Haha, please don't join in this division, as we have enough tough battles as it is!
Big changes are coming in D.C.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:40 pm I mean to be fair, I'd probably be fired for leading this team to 5 finals and only winning 1.
Honestly you should've just blown up the team after the first 3 finals losses

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

was soo confused... had i missed willy's resignation???? Plus I think ORL is better off as is with Willy..... take a look at Dallas right now....
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

or Philly who is open...

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I probably would have been fired already as well, as we have failed to get past the first round for the last 3 years lol.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

wms02a wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 pm was soo confused... had i missed willy's resignation???? Plus I think ORL is better off as is with Willy..... take a look at Dallas right now....

Coming from a has been.. or wait, a never was....... just playing with ya ;)

Pretty sure though that Dallas has had 0 involvement for almost 2 seasons and would be drastically different had there been

In other news, a group is expected to hand out these posters to the 5000 fans expected to attend their next home game

FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ramcus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:34 pm I'd think Dennis would be in the hot seat every season, as his team has so much talent but never makes it deep in the playoffs.
Ha, few CF in a row is stuff you will never be able to accomplish. But hey, you pretty much told me I built a crazy good team. Thanks for that haha.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Being honest most of us should have been fired already. Look at lakers making the playoffs once (or not at all?) in 10 seasons. Or Willy on purpose not trading for shooting.. hell, Doug should be fired for not benching McCollum and Jon for losing so many finals..

Only one ever getting fired is TJ.. and look how good philly is doing haha.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Dennis wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:44 pm
Ramcus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:34 pm I'd think Dennis would be in the hot seat every season, as his team has so much talent but never makes it deep in the playoffs.
Ha, few CF in a row is stuff you will never be able to accomplish. But hey, you pretty much told me I built a crazy good team. Thanks for that haha.
Give me some time, it's only my first season. And you have built a crazy good team, you just haven't won the most important thing. A championship. I'd say my biggest gripe with your team is that you have a lot of assets but you're not using them to the best of your abilities. For example, Kevin Knox. Elite 3 level scorer, can lead a team on offense. But he's just taking up a spot on your roster not doing much. Instead of letting him rot, why not trade him away for a more complimentary piece? Something that fits your timeline better. Of course, other teams know this, and will charge a premium. But that's the risk you have to be willing to take to win it big.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ramcus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:51 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:44 pm
Give me some time, it's only my first season. And you have built a crazy good team, you just haven't won the most important thing. A championship. I'd say my biggest gripe with your team is that you have a lot of assets but you're not using them to the best of your abilities. For example, Kevin Knox. Elite 3 level scorer, can lead a team on offense. But he's just taking up a spot on your roster not doing much. Instead of letting him rot, why not trade him away for a more complimentary piece? Something that fits your timeline better. Of course, other teams know this, and will charge a premium. But that's the risk you have to be willing to take to win it big.
No worries. How do you think ive staying above 50 wins all seasons? Only by trades. But I don’t sacrifice players for offers that don’t fit. I’m no guy rushing stuff. Just like you did with your pick.
Also lack of time doesn’t help. I’m no 20 anymore to search for trades day in day out.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

While I'd love for Brett to return to the league, don't make it Orlando until after I use their 2025 1st round pick!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Myles wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:31 pm I definitely would not still be the GM in Denver if I had an owner to answer to, I won like 60 games combined in my first three seasons.
I tend to disagree. Brett Brown went through a lot of losing his first few seasons in Philly. A lot has to do with the situation you inherit, and what the expectations are. You took over what was one of the worst (if not the worst) situations in the CSL. NuggOlesk... what to say about that guy?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Dennis wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:48 pm hell, Doug should be fired for not benching McCollum and Jon for losing so many finals..
Freaking McCollum... his spectacular ineptitude in the finals will forever haunt me.

I'd love to get fired and take over Philly :)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

GreenBear wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:52 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:48 pm hell, Doug should be fired for not benching McCollum and Jon for losing so many finals..
Freaking McCollum... his spectacular ineptitude in the finals will forever haunt me.

I'd love to get fired and take over Philly :)
Stay where you are, lol. As far away from us as you could be.

CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Lol article.

We'll make sure we step it up when our pick conveys to BK.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams