League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Memphis EOS Review

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Memphis EOS Review

Post by Sharkn20 »

With the 2022 - 2023 Season in the rear mirror for those not classified for the play-offs, is time to analyse what this Grizzlies did during the year.

PG Shane Larkin -->Shane played in all 82 games, 75 as starter, scoring 7.8 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 0.4 steals. Not bad numbers for a point guard, but his low scoring really is affecting his otherwise great production from 3 with a 43% of baskets from downtown, next season he is scheduled to return and I expect to make a better use of him to increase his ppg.

SG Zach LaVine --> Zach starter 80 out 82 games, scoring 23.1 ppg, 5.4 rbs, 4.8 assists and 43% from outside, including 84% of free throws and 41.6% of jumpers, I really started to love LaVine production towards the end of the year, sadly he is due to be FA and I don't know how much is gonna take to have him back. He was by far the most Efficient player on the team, whatever that means.

SF Khris Middleton --> Middleton has the biggest contract of this organisation and he is supposed to be the one carrying the team in both sides of the field. He didn't have as many points as LaVine (19.6), assists (3.7) and rebounds (3.7), but he was extremely good stopping opposition drives (90.9%) and points allowed (6.8), he is expected to make a big jump next season with LaVine departing to a greener pastures.

PF Draymond Green --> Draymond is the 2nd "Star" of this team, despite only averaging 9.1 ppg, 4.9 apg, 8.6 rbp, his low scoring really hampered his chances to shot, but he has always being known as a fantastic defender. He should be better as he will be moving towards the SF next season, but his 8.9 PTAL is a good mark and his 16.4 EFF isn't too bad either, however if you are gonna get paid like a Star, you better produce like it.

C Bismack Biyombo --> I quite liked Bismack this year sweeping rebounds (10.6 ppg) and being effective (11.2 ppg) when facing the basket (51.9%). I chose him due to his higher rebounding ration over Cody Zeller and he did have indeed more % of baskets made, STP% and EFF (20.8 vs 19.4). It's a shame that he has to leave to the FA Pool and was really good with us, now is time for Zeller to take over and show what he can do.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Memphis EOS Review

Post by Jestor »

Big Dumbo is great, but Zeller is who really made this team work under andrei.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Memphis has talent and was a playoff team each of the last two seasons. This year the activity of the GM fell off and so did the performance during the regular season, but I think Memphis still has a good core with Middleton and Draymond still under contract. You are kind of in a position financially where you need to bring back LaVine and Biyombo, as even if you decline Hollis Thompson's team option (which you should definitely do), you'll barely have any cap space. Stay over the cap, bring back LaVine and Biyombo, and build toward the playoffs next year. You are definitely in a good position moving forward.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Myles is spot on. You aren’t in he position to let LaVine walk away for nothing and even if you do, you don’t have the cap space to make a splash in FA anyways.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team has some talent on the roster, now the mix might not be right, but the overall talent is there. I think with a few moves, this team can become a playoff contender easily.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I'm not a big fan of LaVine but even I have to admit he played a great season in Memphis.
Letting him walk for nothing would hurt the team imo.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

If you were the GM the entire season you would have had a legit shot at the playoffs, but that wasn't in the cards. This is a very talented team that need a PG, but has a lot of good pieces otherwise. I don't love Lavine starting for any team, but Draymond and Middleton is legit and you have Harrell (who I want back) and Zeller and a lot of other very good pieces to make a contender out of.

Good luck!

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

You have a good roster ..you need to bring back Lavine and bismack..And find a better backup point guard or a starting one .

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Middleton's problem will always be that horrible discipline. You have to gameplan around it, which is why he's bounced around the league a lot after andrei first broke his own rule and traded him to me.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Jestor wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 pm Middleton's problem will always be that horrible discipline. You have to gameplan around it, which is why he's bounced around the league a lot after andrei first broke his own rule and traded him to me.
Draymond Green has low DI also.

I think Middleton (although I'm not high on him) IS the guy to build around until you get that other complimentary player to go with him. This team reminds me of the Michael Redd Bucks for some reason.

Anywho I think andrei traded for or paid too high contracts to too many middle of the road players as those $7M here $6.5M there salaries add up.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams