League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Grizzlies add Green

Write updates about your team or the league here.
andrei
Chairman of the Board

Grizzlies add Green

Post by andrei »

Green looks super excited to join the Memphis Grizzlies

Grizzlies announced today that, pending paperwork from CSL head office, they have acquired forward Draymond Green as part of a three team trade that sent young stud Dennis Smith to Miami.

Grizzlies are known to (perhaps to a batshit crazy extent) prioritise defense over everything else so adding a top 5 defender in Green is no surprise.

‘’Man, we had so many offers and a few good ones also. A lot of them though, required us to give up a defender (usually Trice) which we did not want to do. Adding Draymond without giving up our key defenders is a win in my book.’’ – Grizzlies GM Andrei Sanzharov said.

On top of his defensive prowess, Green is an elite facilitator and very good rebounder. Grizzlies also believe he can shoot well from anywhere on the court and bring in that toughness that the team likes at the PF/C position.

We all know about his aggression on the defensive end which results in far too many ejections this is pretty much the only weakness that I see for Green but it’s a big one. He managed to foul out opf half of the games he played this season and with us running 9 press and 9 DI – things may be tough for him. But we expect him to adjust to our style even if that means less minutes.

One thing we are not yet sure about is why he does not go to the line as often as his ability to draw contact would suggest. That is another critical activity that we think he can improve. From scoring perspective, we see a lot of Amir Johnson in him, perhaps with a better shooting ability but still quite far from inside presense perspective. Amir also struggled with personal file but, nevertheless, spend good minutes on the court, even in our system. Like Amir, we’ll need Green to become aggressive iniside and put that drawing fouls ability to good use.

In conclusion.

‘’Wow, we are going to start Green, Crowder and Adams. All absolute powerhouse defenders at their position. I know Adams would be considered somewhat weaker than others in terms of what else he is adding. But both Green and Crowder are all-around talents with Croder being more of a scorer and Green more of a facilitator at elite level. Hopefully, his passing skills will help us get better shots. Add Trice to that who is no joke defensively and we have a major defensive minded starting lineup. Need to add a big man, although I am kinda used to Cody by now.’’ – Andrei added.

Grizzlies are hoping the addition of Green will instill some energy into the team as they are currently struggling on yet another road trip.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Grizzlies add Green

Post by hardenwithnod »

That was a good deal for you, as those 1sts should be mid-late 1sts at best, and Smith is still very raw. Green is the ultimate defender for a team like your's, perfect compliment to a scorer like Zeller.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Yep I definitely think this was the right move for you. Green will be amazing on your squad and I think you can get him to Matty-era levels.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Fantastic trade. I was hopeful I could nab Green, but my offer wasn't bad enough :lol:
Cleveland Cavaliers

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

drumr wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 pm Fantastic trade. I was hopeful I could nab Green, but my offer wasn't bad enough :lol:
:lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

While I like Green, and think he will be good for you. I do not think it was a great deal just for the simple fact you broke your own rule. For a team that is always a borderline playoff team, to trade your first is a very risky move.

With that said, I still think Green is a great #3 level player if used properly.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Double post :/
Last edited by Marcos_Beck on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Must feel great to be virtual Cody Zeller right now. That's a fantastic way of describing his fit.

Jokes aside, that's an aggressive but solid move. You can max Green's talents at Memphis for sure.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

You guys are going to pass us soon if we keep playing mediocre. Draymond is an impressive pickup and a hand in glove fit for what do in Memphis.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Perfect player for Memphis

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

BizGilwalker wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:38 pm You guys are going to pass us soon if we keep playing mediocre. Draymond is an impressive pickup and a hand in glove fit for what do in Memphis.
This, talk about a perfect fit.
Ball is Life.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

For sure, as mentioned, perfect Memphis player. He's going to flourish and this team should really start to accelerate now. Gave up a good amount, but fair and none of it from the starting core. Can't pass that up.
Clown.Show.League

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I think Memphis traded the wrong PG, I know Andrei will disagree as he wants defenders at every position, but I do think the best way to build a winning defensive team is to have at least one key offensive player. The 2011 Bulls had Rose, the 04 Pistons had Billups (and Sheed, but Billups was definitely the offensive leader that playoff run). Trice isn't that guy, Adams, Crowder, Green, none of them are that guy. So while Smith was never going to be the defender Andrei wanted, I do believe that to win as a strong defensive team, you need to have at least one person that can put the team on their back offensively.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Great pickup, I like Green a lot as this defense anchor every good team needs.
True that giving up Smith hurts a little, but you have to give up something if you can add a player of Green's talent.
Very interesting how he will perform in Andrei's high pressure D