League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Clippers Season Review: Progress

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Clippers Season Review: Progress

Post by Dylan »

Los Angeles Clippers Season Review: Progress

As the 2025-26 CSL season wraps up with the CSL Finals underway, the Clippers find themselves in an interesting spot. While they ended the season on somewhat of a high note, the Clippers finished with the league's 6th worst record, and ended up with the 7th pick in the draft lottery. For a team that was talking about talking early in the year, this isn't exactly what they had in mind.

With that said, internally, the Clippers feel they're in the best position they've been in since the new regime took over. A talented core and more competitive play at the end of the season has this team feeling rejuvenated - and potentially ready to take the next step as a franchise.

The Clippers have failed to win even 30 games since Dylan took over as general manager. While certainly disappointing, the Clippers front office was not too concerned with wins and losses up to this point. The main point of focus was to build themselves a core with a real identity - one that could lead them to wins and make Clippers fans proud. As the third full season under Dylan ends, they finally feel that core might be in place.

The acquisition of wings Mikal Bridges and Zach LaVine may have been the two most significant trades to date for Dylan. Bridges they acquired straight up for center Brandon McCoy, and LaVine they acquired for a salary filler and some second-round picks. Both trades, specifically the LaVine deal, may prove to be the ultimate turning points in Clippers franchise history.

LaVine proved to be the dynamite scorer the Clippers have been lacking since moving on from Mario Hezonja. While a bit older than the rest of the core, LaVine's offensive versatility and ability to change a game in a pinch complements their two defensive studs perfectly. LaVine's contract only runs one more year, but the Clippers are very excited for what they'll get from in a full season.

Bridges, paired with Clippers face of the franchise Rui Hachimura, makes for an absolutely suffocating defensive duo. Both are elite man defenders, while Bridges adds some terrific three-point shooting, and Hachimura forces turnovers at an elite level. They complement each other perfectly, and when put alongside a true go-to scorer, you finally have the base of something that can really work.

Perhaps the biggest piece to the puzzle, however, is the one not yet named. Sources say the Clippers have a deal in the works for an established CSL star who will surprise people. While this may not be announced until after the Finals, this upcoming deal may be the biggest indication that the young Clips are ready. They're ready to make noise and be a pain in your ass.
Last edited by Dylan on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: Clippers Season Review: Progress

Post by andrei »

This is a team on the rise and I hope LaVine works out great for you. Wonder who is that next piece of the puzzle and what you are going to give up to get him.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Oooo excited to hear who's headed to LAC
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I still can't believe nobody jumped on a scorer and shooter like LaVine for more than one 2nd rounder. That alone might have been the pickup of the century, he's a 20 point walking bucket ready to explode.

Bridges for McCoy was another steal. He's so much better and more impactful than McCoy is. Love the direction you're going. I still have no idea who's joining the Clippers, I hope you don't ruin all the good work done so far, but excited for this young team on the rise.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I thought Bridges-McCoy was a massive steal. The defensive core of Bridges and Hachimura should wreak havoc across opposing front courts for years to come.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

will be interesting to see who comes to clipper land ..pacific going to get even better next year

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think you've done a terrific job, you have a legit core to build around and you didn't start out with a ton of assets to begin with. Lavine was a great under the radar get and I could see this team make the playoffs this upcoming season. Goodluck!
Ball is Life.