League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Atlanta Hawks – 2026 Season Review

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Atlanta Hawks – 2026 Season Review

Post by Flaming Homer »

Let’s get this over with … 😊
Writing this preview will end the chapter Season 26 for the Hawks and what a ride it was.

We went all in at the beginning of the season in trading away long-time favorite Dante Exum for Anthony Davis and mortgaging our future with trading for Otto Porter.

The goal was going for the championship. Obviously the time I write this article indicates we failed at that!

But that is honestly ok, sometimes you just fall a bit short.
I think we played a fairly good season overall and the most important part: I really enjoyed managing this team.

I don’t think we were able to play to our full abilities during the playoffs, but close. And the possibility of losing to Miami, is something you have to at least to consider if you go up against them in the playoffs lol

Hopefully I learned a little bit here and there about playoff coaching, so far our experience there was short lived, always going out quick in round 1 or 2. And we may have a chance to get into the playoffs again next year.

During the whole season we had player develop, surprise, struggle and we always kept our heads high and played a respectable regular season as a team. Here just some remarks going thru my mind …

AD: played as advertised, so steady you just can count on him most of the games. He is not the best player in the league anymore, but it is fun to plan around him

OP: I’m a fan of player like Otto or Okaro and he didn’t disappoint. I didn’t trade for him to offer a big offense outburst, he was here to bring the defensive toughness and mindset to the team. And I think he did. My favorite player this season.

Michael Young: he took another step in his development and played himself into the starting lineup. He still has to hone his game but drafting him late first round and seeing his development until here is awesome!

Justin Anderson: I was a bit surprised as he was offered as more or less salary filler in the GDP trade. But I can understand it looking at his last season. I was always a fan of him during his years of being overpaid, so it didn’t take long to accept him along with pick #8. He turned out to be an integral part of the team, especially on defense. His numbers look still blank if you care for PPG but that’s not what he was here for. He defended the best wing on the other side and if he takes a shot it is usually a good one.

Our role player all played their part, Derek White, Zach Collins, Mitch McGary and not to forget the forgotten man MCW, just crazy how he performed the last 2 seasons for us.

Which brings us to a quick outlook. The team will regress a good bit more going into next season. I want to prevent mortgaging even more future assets (but would not surprise me if I still would), so our options will be limited. Our starting 5 should be still ok, even in an estimated even stronger Easter Conference. An PG upgrade would be welcome and we need some fresh blood coming off the bench.

I’m looking forward to some off-season activity and we will see where the journey goes.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Atlanta Hawks – 2026 Season Review

Post by hardenwithnod »

Hell of a season, just come up a little short against a very talented Heat team. I think you got to give this team another go, maybe make a move or two to improve the team, then go for it again!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

The moves you made for Porter and AD were fantastic ones that nearly paid off. They played up to your hopes and had you right on the doorstep. And like you mentioned, you enjoyed managing the team, which is very important.

I'm really interested to see how you follow it up this off-season.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

It must be tough going all in, and coming up short. I wonder if you kept Exum, how your team would fare.

I don't see much regression. This team is still a 50 win team, if you keep the core. You managed to evaluate and know the players skills/strengths. So that will pay off.

But I don't think MCW is good enough at the point. Same goes with Derrick White.

Since you are still win now, just go for it again. Send another pick and player and get yourself a legit point guard. That will help this team very much.

Good job and good luck
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I'm pretty sure it will be mostly the same team next season. The fun factor was there, lets see if we can find some small improvements here and there.

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

A fairly veteran team, and AD showed he can still ball with the best. You should be back next season. Ideally somehow you can find a true #2, but it may take some creativity.

Pretty amazing how MCW played this year!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

A #2 option would probably cost another 1st down the road. This picks getting more valuable with every year ratings drop for the vets :-)
But on some point I need them too ...

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Absolutely still an elite team and just needs to get a good seed as the team is made for the post season.

I still look at Porter and as much as I like Thybulle, he's so good and has the perfect skillset for what he brings. Could have used him this post season.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:01 pm Absolutely still an elite team and just needs to get a good seed as the team is made for the post season.

I still look at Porter and as much as I like Thybulle, he's so good and has the perfect skillset for what he brings. Could have used him this post season.
Bro, we had an agreement. If Thybulle didn't work, you would send him back for a future first...
I like GDP but I want my dude back haha ;)
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think AD/Porter is probably the most potent defensive duo in the league. Given that you were able to squeeze a lot out of a guy like MCW, I think if you manage to acquire a starting level guard at the point you'll be a dangerous team next season yet again. You have assets like Collins/Young who could net such a player and you've got a great shot again next season! Goodluck.
Ball is Life.