League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

BI's Spotlight #19 - Sharkn20

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

BI's Spotlight #19 - Sharkn20

Post by blackice »

This will be the nineteenth in a series of articles spotlighting different GM's in the league and picking the brains of the braintrust here in the league. Each one will have customized questions that vary in terms of detail and intention. Some will be directly tied to the GM's team, some will be more directed to the league as a whole - all will relate in some form or fashion to basketball. Each article is worth scouting points for a full Insider article. The nineteenth interview is with Sharkn20, so let's kick this off.

1. How did you discover basketball and how did you discover the CSL?

I have always liked basketball since I was a child, even played when I was very young but I wasn't good, so just watched NBA instead.

Discovered the CSL by looking for basketball leagues after playing OOTP and FOF8, wanted the basketball experience.

2. What about the Mavs was most appealing - i.e why did you take them as your team?

The Mavs was the only team available, and what an opportunity taken a rebuilding team with Luka and a lottery pick!

3. What style of team do you intend to build? Slow pace, or fast? Rebounding emphasis? Defense first?

I am torn between the Pistons of Chancey Billups, grindy and very defensive, or the Stephen's Curry Warriors, all about 3 akd spectacle!

4. Where would you rank Luka in terms of value compared to other of the top young guys like Zion, SGA, Ingram, etc.

I feel Luka is a top 5 young player coming through, combo guard who can do everything! Can't wait to unleash him with a decent team around!

5. Do you intend on being a big player in FA this offseason?

I am more Draft building and getting role players in FA, but if you get a shoot to a Star, you gotta take it too.

6. When can we expect to see the Mavs in the playoffs?

I think is realistic to say at least it will take 2 or 3 years for the Mavs to be playoff ready.

7. Finally, if you had to identify a rival, who would it be?

Definitely the Grizzlies! My last team here, had to leave it because the pressures of the Pandemy in the Hospital, and now is only fair to be better than them to prove myself.

I hope you enjoyed this look into yet another integral player of this league, and if you are interested in being interviewed please express your interest either in this thread or a PM if you prefer. It'll be first come first serve, and I'll gauge interest and go from there.
Ball is Life.

Ramcus
CEO

Re: BI's Spotlight #19 - Sharkn20

Post by Ramcus »

I think it's great that you retained a team in the Southwest division, I especially looked forward to my matchups against your Grizzlies every year, and I'll look forward to your Mavs team just as much!
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present