League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Offseason Trade Ideas

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Offseason Trade Ideas

Post by Marcos_Beck »

OFFSEASON TRADE IDEAS
Hello guys, and welcome to the offseason. Trade ideas article!
I love posting articles like that and helping GMs finding possible trade partners to each other, just like a NBA 2K trade machine. This time, instead of writing a full article and releasing it, what I plan on doing is keep adding ideas of good trades (at least in my mind) every time I see one, until the end of the offseason. This will be done following GMs trade blocks, once they post detailed information of who they are looking for and which assets are available, instead of creating deals based on my judgement on which players would be available and which kind of reinforcements the team is looking for.

Without further delay, let’s post the first trade idea! I’ll continue to update this article during the offseason with more ideas, and keep bumping it so nobody misses those updates. Hope you enjoy it, let me know in the comments if that’s a good idea or not, and if the trade ideas I bring in makes sense!

TRADE #1
Toronto Raptors: Cameron Reddish, D’Angelo Russell, 7th pick
Los Angeles Clippers: Cory Joseph, Jarnell Stokes

The Raptors aren’t going anywhere, as they’ve traded most of their talent for younger pieces, and the East is as strong as it’s ever been.
Cory Joseph has been the face of the franchise for so long, carrying Toronto into the playoffs every single year, but it’s time to let him compete for something bigger somewhere else. The Clippers with Zach LaVine, Mikal Bridges, Rui Hachimura and Myles Turner are a top-notch shot creator away from becoming a great team. Joseph fits the criteria as a high volume scorer and playmaker, plus he’s a willing defender, capable of guarding 1s and 2s, which could help hide some of LaVine’s defensive woes.
It seems a bit too much to give up for a soon to be 30 year old player at the last year of his current deal, but the Clippers probably won’t find a better player to fill their needs than Cory. Toronto, on the other hand, gets Joseph’s replacement in Russell, plus Cam Reddish, who should be a key part of their future, and the #7 pick in this years draft (which many have labeled as a weak one, but should be able to land a starter down the road nonetheless). Stokes is included both as a salary filler but also as someone who should help the Clippers a lot in the rebounding department, something their starting unit lacks right now.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Offseason Trade Ideas

Post by hardenwithnod »

Interesting trade idea, I don’t know if Dylan feels they are ready to make a deal like this yet, as the team is still pretty young, but would definitely be a bold move to make that next step.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Awesome idea for an article series as it allows GMs to think about potential trades that they may not have otherwise thought about.

While its not a bad deal, I agree that I don't know that Dylan is ready to make that kind of splash with the team he is putting together. I feel like he is playing the long, sustainable game and this move forces him to have to compete now. I could be wrong, but it seems like he has a plan tied to getting certain players at a specific age on his team.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I love the idea I don't love the first trade idea

But keep them coming
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Fantastic idea, Marcos. You're a trade machine, and it's clear you have a passion for it. I'd love to see more from you.

I don't love this trade though. It feels like the Clippers are rushing too much with this trade, as I don't think they're ready to contend yet. Too young, and they're lacking serious big man depth. This is also assuming Joseph accepts his player option, which I think he should decline. At this point in his career, I think Joseph should cash in on his final big paycheck, as he's turning 30 and smack in the middle of his prime.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

;) ;) ;) ;)

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Great article idea. I'm not sure Cojo holds that much value to get Reddish + lottery pick.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Awesome idea, looking forward to others. Always good to someone different perspectives on player values etc.

As for the trade, I'm not into it really because I don't hold Cory as high anymore. Certainly still a top player but I think Cam and a top 10 pick is steep.
Clown.Show.League

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yes, love these types of articles.

The thing with Joseph is, he had a great last season but that's about it and I know this year he was injured and prior years were DDS3, but unless last year is the normal going forward, the asking price is probably a bit high.

If he is that 25+ game guy with good averages and good defense plus he's on a solid contract, then it's probably okay but just not sure whether the good Joseph is a byproduct of the right fit in Toronto or he just had one of those seasons.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027