League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Los Angeles Lakers Season Review

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

The Season

Los Angeles Lakers under new Gm Stockton managed a record of 35-47 which is 5 more wins then last year and that was the goal of the Gm to get to. The Lakers finished 7 games out of the west playoffs and at one stage looked like they might sneak in but the focus now will be making a run next year .

The Trades

The Lakers made a number of trades including getting Josh Davis from his previous team the knicks and sending out Little and Bol to the dislike of many Gms and its to early to tell who won on those trades but winning the trade isnt what its about as its about getting the right fit and stockton is happy.

The Players

PG: Colin Sexton, Ky Bowman , Austin Rivers, Ish Smith.

Bowman was drafted pick 4 and has impressed in his first season plus received a boost during the year he will improve his scoring next year. Sexton was aquired From Sacramento and has fit in nicely as the lakers starting point guard and averaged 1.6 stlspg which is a career high and he will be kept in Los Angeles. Rivers Option will be turned down and Ish Smith was a rental to get rid of Harris Contract.

SG/SF: Kostas , Royce O'Neale, Malcolm Miller, Lonnie Walker, Cameron Oliver

Oliver had another good year but is expiring and will sure get a bigger contract but where will he end up is the question, Walker is good but inconsistant and he isnt the best shooter but he is a good defender and that might keep him in LA.

Kostas and O'Neale were brought in via trades and Stockton is happy with what he found as both players shot well , stole the ball often and both are still young and can improve.

CE/PF: Josh Davis , Marvin Bagley , Cheick Diallo , Ben Moore , Omer Yurtseven

The lakers have a great starting team here in Davis and All star Bagley but behind that is where the biggest weakness lies , Stockton will try and address this in the off season to aquire another big man who can block shots . Omer and Diallo will most likely be moved and Ben Moore was tried at the pf position with good results and will be coming back hopefully.

The Future :

Kostas , Sexton , Bowman and Bagley will all be kept and this off season doesnt have a strong UFA class so maybe a few sign and trades could be done and the lakers will work on this as well as throw some money around with one of the biggest cap status at nearly 40 mil to spend.

The Goal is to bring back most players and add to the depth and try an achieve 40 wins next season.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Los Angeles Lakers Season Review

Post by emplep7 »

I like your front court a lot, but the backcourt isn't my favorite. I think Sexton is a solid bench option at PG, but you still need an upgrade at PG as a starter. Bowman is obviously going to be a stud scorer in the league so you will need to surround him with top defenders to overcome his liability there.

Its a big off-season for you guys so itll be interesting how it pans out for you.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Great frontcourt like Jon said, but the backcourt needs some work. I would try and S&T Oliver for a defensive upgrade on SF. He and Bowman can't co-exist - that's too soft a defense, and Bowman is the clear star-in-waiting.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I feel like this teams direction is set to be honest.

A stud in Bagley and an insane scorer future scorer in Bowman, you just need to fill in the pieces now and with Bowmans deficiencies, we all know what that means.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

The Lakers roster is one of this very interesting young core's.
Bagley is no doubt a stud, Bowman has just crazy scoring potential. I like most of the other youngster as well, especially Sexton is underrated imo.

Follow your plan ... and always be patient ;-)

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team has a good direction now, and I think you have done a good job slowly rebuilding this team back up. Keep up the good work.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Bowman and Bagley look like the keepers to me. Everyone else can go. Have to be patient though, especially being in a division with three 50+ win teams.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)