League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2022 RFA Tier List

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

2022 RFA Tier List

Post by Silogical »

2022 RFA Tier List

worth = value assuming no max contracts.
Will sign for = takes max contracts into consideration so a more true estimate of value for non S tier players

Not my personal values just what i think the league thinks/will happen

S Tier – The class of 2022 has 8 S tier players, one of the strongest drafts in CSL history. To win in the CSL you need value contracts and signing players worth well over the max is the easiest way to get there. 5 of the 8 are all-stars and 2 are all-star snubs. Recent S Tier Players Ben Simmons, isaiah Taylor, Miles Bridges, Brandon ingram, DeAaron Fox, Malik Monk, Dennis Smith.

1 Jayson Tatum – Worth 28m will sign for Near max
Tatum, Ayton, and Mitchell are 1a 1b and 1c. Tatum led an aging team to the 8th seed in the west.

2 DeAndre Ayton - Worth 28m will sign for MAX

3 Donaven Mitchell - Worth 27m will sign for Near max
Breakout year for Mitchell. If Mitchell didnt play next to graham for 2/3rds of the year Mitchell would be an MVP candidate.

4 Trae Young - Worth 24m will sign for Near max

5 Frank Nitilikini - Worth 23m will sign for Near max
The 2nd most underated player of the 2022 class. Atleast 1 east team was not happy seeing Frank join an eastern conference contender.

6 Kyle Kuzma - Worth 23m will sign for Near max

7 Marvin Bagley - Worth 23m will sign for Near max

8 Moritz Wagner - Worth 19m will sign for Near max
The most underated player of the 2022 class. Wagner is arguably Phillys best player before and after Marcos took over. 26.7 PER .552 TS% and a 15.4 Net rating.

A Tier – A large gap between the bottom of the S tier and top of the A tier. A Tier players are players you wont regret maxing, but they are complimentary pieces and wont lead teams on their own to the playoffs. Recent A Tier players Dragon Bender, Semi Ojeleye, Juston Patton, Daniel Hamilton, Milos, Skal, Isaiah Cousins, Joshua Smith(DDS19), Lauri Markanen(DDS19)

9 Wendell Carter - Worth 11m will sign for 14m

10 Jaylen Adams - Worth 11m will sign for 14m

11 Michael Young - Worth 11m will sign for 14m

12 DJ Wilson - Worth 10m will sign for 13.5m

B Tier – The B tier players are the players that benefit the most from max contracts. Most of the money saved on S Tier players will go to B tier and C Tier players. Recent B Tier RFAs: Pascal Siakam, Malachi Richardson, Christian Wood, Maqueese Chris, Luke Kennard, Michael Gibiniji.

13 Terrance Ferguson - Worth 9m will sign for 12.5m

14 Bam Adebayo - Worth 7m will sign for 11m

15 Jarrett Allen - Worth 7m will sign for 11m

16 Jonathan Isaac - Worth 7m will sign for 11m

17 Jabari Bird - Worth 6.5m will sign for 10.5m

C Tier

18 Tryggvi Higinson - Worth 6m will sign for 9m

19 Jalen Brunson - Worth 5m will sign for 8m

20 Eric Mika - Worth 4m will sign for 7m

21 Tony Bradley - Worth 4m will sign for 7m

22 PJ Washington - Worth 4m will sign for 7m

D Tier

22 Tony Carr - Worth 3.5m will sign for 6m

23 Herve Kabasale - Worth 3.5m will sign for 6m

F Tier

The rest
Last edited by Silogical on Mon May 24, 2021 12:34 am, edited 10 times in total.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2022 RFA Tier List

Post by Stockton12 »

i can see some of these players getting piad more then what it is here ..good writeup ..bagley will get max

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks Silo, I was not getting to it this year.
Got the list and got stuck right there.

Have to check in detail, but agree with the S-Class. They should get the max contract without a problem.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

With the UFA class being very weak, I expect this great class of RFAs to get a lot of attention

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I expect a lot of S&Ts in this group, especially the B tier

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Dang Isaac that cheap?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Some interesting names on this list. I could see a couple maxes to some of the Tier 2/3. A few would be a definite overpay though, which can set a franchise back a year or two, if they are desperate enough to max some of these guys.

How did you come up with "will sign for." Opinion or their asking price in game?!
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Really good class. We have PJ on here and it will be interesting to see what the market is for him.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Come at Mitchell and Wilson, I dare you.
Clown.Show.League

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Ocons wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:20 pm Come at Mitchell and Wilson, I dare you.
dare accepted lol

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Totally missed him. He should be higher on the list in my opinion.

16-6 in 27mpg and a great shooter from 3. Stretch big and only 23 years young. If I had cap space, I would love a guy like that on my team.

Jonathan Isaac is someone who I targeted before the trade deadline. He does a little bit of everything and reminds me of a perfect glue guy.

Jaylen Adams is a Rajon Rondo type player. With point guard being very valuable in this league, he could fetch a near max. Who doesn't like a young Rajon Rondo?! Lol

So those three are legit quality guys who I would offer a lot too

Ferguson asking price is a lot. Sure he can hit the three, but he fouls a lot, and these playoffs, he's been playing like shit and a net negative for me shooting 30%. Upside is he's still 21 but he needs to step up big time.

Jarrett Allen is definitely a solid big. He sort of reminds me of Qi on the Sun's, who have the best record in the West. I had Qi and he was crucial in my title season.

But yeah the max players will sure get the max.

I wonder if there's other hidden gems not listed here.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:35 pm

16-6 in 27mpg and a great shooter from 3. Stretch big and only 23 years young. If I had cap space, I would love a guy like that on my team.

Jonathan Isaac is someone who I targeted before the trade deadline. He does a little bit of everything and reminds me of a perfect glue guy.

Jaylen Adams is a Rajon Rondo type player. With point guard being very valuable in this league, he could fetch a near max. Who doesn't like a young Rajon Rondo?! Lol

Ferguson asking price is a lot. Sure he can hit the three, but he fouls a lot, and these playoffs, he's been playing like shit and a net negative for me shooting 30%. Upside is he's still 21 but he needs to step up big time.

Jarrett Allen is definitely a solid big. He sort of reminds me of Qi on the Sun's, who have the best record in the West. I had Qi and he was crucial in my title season.

Isaac and DJ are actually the two i thought i underrated after i posted the article. Ill chad ford my article to make it a little more accurate.

When it comes to how much i think players will sign for, S players are always underpaid so B and C Tier players will always be overpaid, so i just added a few million to what i think B and C Tier players are worth to get there "will sign for" its completely based on opinion so i can be dead wrong on a few players.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:47 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Isaac and DJ are actually the two i thought i underrated after i posted the article. Ill chad ford my article to make it a little more accurate.

When it comes to how much i think players will sign for, S players are always underpaid so B and C Tier players will always be overpaid, so i just added a few million to what i think B and C Tier players are worth to get there "will sign for" its completely based on opinion so i can be dead wrong on a few players.
Gotcha. Wasn't sure if like dds3, where you know what they are wanting before Free Agency.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Ya''ll better stay away from Isaac. In hindsight this is why trading for Harden's expiring contract was a good idea. I can now afford to retain my young guys.
Ball is Life.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

blackice wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 pm Ya''ll better stay away from Isaac. In hindsight this is why trading for Harden's expiring contract was a good idea. I can now afford to retain my young guys.
retaining your young players isnt whats important. If you dont have contract value you wont win. If someone maxes Isaac you have to let him walk regardless if you have enough cap or not. looking at the treadmil teams, they are loaded with over overpaid B/C tier players. MIN passing on caleb and using 1/3rd of that money to sign Looney was one of the best moves in Free agency last year.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Silogical wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:15 pm
blackice wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 pm Ya''ll better stay away from Isaac. In hindsight this is why trading for Harden's expiring contract was a good idea. I can now afford to retain my young guys.
retaining your young players isnt whats important. If you dont have contract value you wont win. If someone maxes Isaac you have to let him walk regardless if you have enough cap or not. looking at the treadmil teams, they are loaded with over overpaid B/C tier players. MIN passing on caleb and using 1/3rd of that money to sign Looney was one of the best moves in Free agency last year.
Right but having the option to resign a young player is huge - if a team has a young asset that they can't go over a certain number to resign then opposing teams can target said player knowing the home team can't afford to keep him. For instance, Bamba who was my RFA last offseason got a big deal that I matched so having the flexibility to do so is important (at least to me). He ended up being fair value given his rebounding and defensive ability for what it's worth, but I agree that retaining a player at any cost isn't always prudent.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Good summary. This is where the teams with Cap space are going to cash in this year. All of the these RFAs are going to get paid because the UFA class is so weak and it has been proven that you should go after these cap strapped teams by overpaying for their players (us included).

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This is an excellent RFA class, but then again it’s always difficult to get RFAs away from mother teams, so I expect most of these guys to stay.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Always good to see other GM's valuations and I really like how Silo added his value figures out beyond the max figures.

Great RFA class. I feel like the league is very switched on to finances now that it will be interesting to see who has positioned themselves to match deals (assuming they actually want to).

I hope we see some teams have their maximum player values and if it goes beyond, just walk away and let the other team deal with a potentially overpaid asset (Swanigan, etc).
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

updated to reflect the weakness of the UFA class.

The stars are also so underpaid this year. A higher max is needed badly.