League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Life Goals

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

Life Goals

Post by blackice »

With the preseason at an end, the Toronto Raptors are excited at the prospect of a successful season. After purchasing the game, for the first time we have the ability to micro manage and concentrate on game-plan's. No longer a squad without the resources of other franchises, we look into what we've learned from a fairly interesting preseason and after much experimentation we've come to the conclusion that 3 of our players should be in the running for awards at the end of the season. Of course we are looking into the future here, and basing our assessment on the preseason statistics. The only thing that matters is winning a championship but coach Mike D'Antoni has issued secondary goals for 3 players in particular.

Heading into a new season, coach Mike D'Antoni is excited but rumour has it he's on the hot seat this season and needs to avoid another 1st round exit...

MVP:

Averages: 30.4/4.5/3.6 w/ 0.8 blks & 0.9 stls on 42/37/80

We've challenged Joseph to take the reigns of this team and if he can keep up this level of production he has a chance to be the first MVP winner of this franchise. To put his preseason into context, he is leading the league in scoring, the next highest scorer is a whopping 4.8 points less than Joseph. No one is even close to matching his production and he's also an elite defender - 93 STOP%. His USG% is 48.1% and he's taking roughly 27 FGA per game. Not only does the offense runs through him, he IS the offense for this team. He get's to the line 8.1 times per game.

DPY:

Averages: 10.7/10.9/2.3 w/ 2.7 blks & 1.8 stls on 49/-/87

His advanced stats are good and there are few defenders who can combine efficient offense with absolutely dominant defensive metrics. He can literally defend all 5 positions and he forces turnovers at a high rate. We'll have him guard the best frontcourt player on the other team and move him around to maximize his impact on that end.

6th Man of the Year:

Averages: 11.4/10.8/1.3 w/ 2.1 blks & 1 stl on 45/-/56

Okafor will anchor our bench and gives us dominant rebounding and fairly good post offense as well. A double / double threat every night and will be matched up with other bench players who he can exploit. If he can replicate the success he had in the preseason he'll be in the running for this award.

So what do you guys think? How realistic are these goals and do you think these 3 can keep up their preseason production.
Ball is Life.

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Life Goals

Post by Ramcus »

I'd say MKG has the most realistic chance, out of the 3, at winning DPOY, but it's still an immense uphill battle. He'd have to beat out Okaro, and the league's been voting him in as DPOY for 4 seasons now.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

MKG looks downright dominant right now with the increase importance of steals/blocks. I can't imagine how crazy Okaro would do once Doug gets back in it.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

These Raptors remind me of the Sixers in late 90s with one dominant scorer surrounded by perfect fit role players.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

atsather
General Manager

Post by atsather »

Nice read!
Andrew Sather
OKC Thunder GM

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

andrei wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 am These Raptors remind me of the Sixers in late 90s with one dominant scorer surrounded by perfect fit role players.
This is an interesting comparison, if Joseph can be that Allen Iverson type lead scorer I'd be thrilled. I do think our supporting case is a little underrated offensively but this is as close to a one man offense as any team in the league right now. As an aside, Joseph's USG% isn't an accident, I purposely designed this team to maximize his shot attempts and surrounded him with solid spacing and low USG% players who can defend at a high level. If you put him on a team surrounded by other scorers his numbers would drop quite a bit. Is that the right strategy? Time will tell.
Ball is Life.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

It probably depends on injury luck.
I think if Joseph can play 75+ games it could absolutely work.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

The interesting thing is how he'll do when all teams decide to now put their best defender on Joseph.

He did drop 32 and 36 on us albeit at 37% but when Porter, Okaro, Winslow and teams best defenders are following him, be very interesting.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I feel like Bledsoe will have a breakout year after his previous year

Rooting for you man
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

This team is certainly a playoff lock out west. I think your defense is as good as it gets. MKG will be a DPOY candidate if he's keeping up what he is currently doing in the preseason. But I really don't like the offensive game plan of letting CoJo do an Iverson impression. I think this team needs a more efficient #2 or #1 option along with Joseph in order to take that next step. Joseph's efficiency is likely to drop when every team is able to place their best defender on him, as bt said

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

KW wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:57 am This team is certainly a playoff lock out west. I think your defense is as good as it gets. MKG will be a DPOY candidate if he's keeping up what he is currently doing in the preseason. But I really don't like the offensive game plan of letting CoJo do an Iverson impression. I think this team needs a more efficient #2 or #1 option along with Joseph in order to take that next step. Joseph's efficiency is likely to drop when every team is able to place their best defender on him, as bt said
Yeah, it seems like Joseph will continue shooting a ton. The Raptors have a lot of low score rated players, only Okafor is close but he's a big. Only 3 guys have a 60+ scr rating
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

KW wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:57 am This team is certainly a playoff lock out west. I think your defense is as good as it gets. MKG will be a DPOY candidate if he's keeping up what he is currently doing in the preseason. But I really don't like the offensive game plan of letting CoJo do an Iverson impression. I think this team needs a more efficient #2 or #1 option along with Joseph in order to take that next step. Joseph's efficiency is likely to drop when every team is able to place their best defender on him, as bt said
I think adding a top 2 option to compliment Joseph would be nice but it would cost me more assets then I want to move at the moment. I'll have to evaluate how our team performs but hopefully a top 3-5 defense + efficient secondary scoring and Joseph maintaining a high level of offensive production should be good enough for a top 4-6 seed. The East is stacked right now with the incumbent powerhouses like BOS/DET and maybe even CHI with CLE/IND/CHA/ATL looking good and rebuilding team like NYK/BKN coming up it won't be easy.
Ball is Life.