League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

42 not enough

Write updates about your team or the league here.
mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

42 not enough

Post by mgtr81 »

It was a weird season in Milwaukee. The team was able to win 42 games, something the fans had not seen since the days LeBron James was wearing a Bucks jersey. And still that was not enough to make the playoffs in a tough Eastern Conference. At the same time, that fantastic 22-5 run since the All-Star break have fans hoping great things for the next season. Some may not understand how the Bucks franchise has operated all these years, including that late season run. Most would have tanked to secure another top pick, instead of being left with the last lottery selection of the upcoming draft. But that is not on this management DNA. Some have also criticized the team's Front Office for not making more trades. And the truth is that the Bucks have had a lot of offers each and every season for their young players. But the plan that was set six seasons ago has remained intentionally unchanged. The Bucks drafted those players for a reason and have been patient with their development.

Despite not being able to surpass the Toronto Raptors to reach that eighth playoff spot, everyone within the organization is satisfied with how the second half of the season unfolded. Head coach Chris Duhon figured out a rotation that, alongside player development, made the Bucks one of the best teams in the league since February. Ironically, part of that success was the performance of veteran center Jonas Valanciunas off the bench. He and sharpshooter Hollis Thompson were the only players over 30 playing significant minutes during that run. Both of them are free agents this summer, so there is no guarantee they come back to Milwaukee next year. Matthew Dellavedova, 28, is the bridge between the young core and those two veterans. He had another solid season, doing what he does best: defend and hit the three when open. But the young core showed signs of promise for the immediate future.

Brandon Ingram, who is becoming a restricted free agent this summer, led the team on the court and was a difference maker. The slow pace the Bucks play does not allow for eye-catching stats, but Ingram has become one of the elite two-way players in the CSL. Despite the pressure of being a former first overall pick, the young forward has been working hard each season, not looking for the media or league recognition but to help the team progress towards the goal of winning one day the CSL title. He is sure to receive many offers this summer, but the Bucks are expected to keep him for years to come.

Ingram has become the team's leader on the court.

The rest of the young core has also played a big part in the team's recent success: Thon Maker is one of the most versatile defenders in the league, although this first season after the change in rules his defensive stats have taken a bit of a dip; Wendell Carter has clearly established himself as the best rebounder in the league and, if the Bucks were playing at a higher pace, his numbers could make history; Troy Brown, one of the most controversial selections in recent drafts, has solidified himself in his sophomore season as a great defender and probably the most valuable player on the team behind Ingram, but he has still to work on his shooting efficiency; Ja Morant had a bit of an up-and-down rookie season, but he seemed to find his place on the team after the All-Star break.

The Bucks now find themselves with the 14th overall selection in the upcoming CSL draft and enough room under the cap to add some talent. Still, they are prepared to receive criticism once they make their draft selection and how they use their room under the salary cap this summer. The coaching staff and management are on the same page, they have identified what specific areas they need to improve and are going to continue to improve this team step by step following their plan.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: 42 not enough

Post by Stockton12 »

I think you will be playoff this year as you have a talented young team

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

This team made some noise and it will be interesting to see if they can start the new season with the same mind set.
Curious who it will be with #14!

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I had the Bucks making the playoffs this season and that prediction looked really glim until after the ASB. Great finish to the season and we'll have to see what Morant can do next year.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Your team plays me hard every single time we meet so I was a little disappointed you didnt make it as I would have loved that matchup to see what we can do. If you can put the time in next season, this team should be in the playoff hunt yet again.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Really excited to see this team battle for a playoff spot next season. 13 of the 15 Eastern Conference teams are projected to be north of .500, which is going to leave a lot of teams grasping for the 7th and 8th seeds.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

This team continously improving by the day. I'm really impressed of Manu's patience. Bucks time will come, i'm pretty sure.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

42 might not have been enough in the East, but the Spurs made the CSL finals with 42 wins lol

It's been a methodical build in Milwaukee without any attempt at a shortcut, but you seemingly take steps forward every single year. Especially given how you finished the year on such a tear, there's reason to be optimistic that the Bucks can once again be in the playoffs. It's been a while since they were last in, and their fans deserve it. The rebuild appears to finally be over, and the team is set up very well for years to come.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Probably the most patient GM I've seen in this league, and the young talent pool on this team shows it. The organic growth of your young core with the addition of Gafford I think this could be a playoff team next season. Long term this is the brightest future in the league in my opinion. I love Ingram and Carter in particular.
Ball is Life.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Ingram had his leap-season last year: His PER shot up from 16 to 21. That alone makes this team a playoff contender imo.

Wendell Carter also continues to impress. I'm curious as to why he continues to shoot 3's, as he's not shown to be a reliable deep threat at all. Not sure what your plan is there, but I'd think of keeping him away from the 3-point line.

Otherwise, I continue to respect the patient approach. I hope to emulate components of your patience with my Pacers once we like the direction we're headed. Best of luck!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I don't know what to say here. I've predicted to Bucks will make the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Maybe if I say they won't, this year will be the year!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)