League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Andrew Luck

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Andrew Luck

Post by emplep7 »

Not the NBA, but pretty crazy for this to happen in any sports with a top player.

This usually happens to the Lions with Sanders and Megatron, but Ricky Williams did it to my Dolphins and Gronk just did it to the Pats.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: Andrew Luck

Post by Rizzo »

Had him in my dynasty fantasy league so I'm pretty disappointed but I can't say that I blame him to be honest. Quality of life has to come first and I don't think anyone understands that like Andrew Luck since he's got a great head on his shoulders.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

He has a rough go at it, and his team didnt find him any help until it was too late.

I also think about those big money fantasy leagues and the individuals that drafted him.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

It's wild.

The timing is the weirdest part to me, why two weeks before the season?

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

The worst part of it is this was probably caused bu their old GM largely ignoring their offensive line issues. He never drafted a lineman before the 5th round or something like that despite Luck getting destroyed game after game for years.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Definitely a shocker. There was obviously a lot more going on below the surface than the public realized. I think more will come out over time to put things in perspective, because a calf strain is not something that should push someone like Luck over the edge into retirement. He also reportedly suffered the calf strain in March I think, and a calf strain is not something that lasts 5-6 months. Maybe it started as a calf strain, but I think the injury he was dealing with was a lot more serious than they let on. I obviously can’t speculate on what it is, but it’ll be interesting to pay attention to as more information slowly comes out (and I have no doubt it will).

I think a lot of the blame should go to the team for putting him behind such a horrid offensive line for so long. That dude took a LOT of hits early in his career. If you want your franchise QB to last, you have to protect him. It is a shame because the Colts’ roster is currently the best it’s ever been while he’s been there. Unfortunately it was too late.

I think the worst part about this whole thing is how he got booed by the Indy crowd after his retirement plans got leaked. Just goes to show how inherently selfish people can be and how they completely lack empathy. All they cared about was how it affected their fantasy football teams or their 2019 Indianapolis Colts. Before even knowing why he was retiring, his own fans were booing him. Pretty disgusting and classless. You could clearly see he was hurt by that when he was asked about it during his press conference.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Doesn't seem to have much luck

He will take 1-2 years off to relax and come back. I'm guessing the Patriots when Brady retires
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Man, I remember when he was drafted, he is a year older then me so I have seen his whole career play out. What a shame but I hope the fans in Indy appretiate what he did for them.
Ball is Life.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Good for him. Incredibly tough decision to make but the right one, for sure.

A lot to digest with this. The shock, for starters. The timing. The injury. Schefter. The crowd. His legacy.

Completely out of nowhere but supposedly something that came up back in March when this latest injury first hit. I'm sure getting back into the full routine put it all in perspective. He's played through pain and is probably one of the toughest QBs to ever play. The people calling him soft in the media are comical. He's had some bizarre injuries and this one seems to be no different. Like Doug said, it's for sure more than a calf strain and it sounded like they really still don't know. He could tell that it would be another season of limited practice, dealing with pain and never being fully healthy.

A lot of people are killing him over the timing but I can't imagine the mental stress of making this decision. There was no way it was easy. That's probably what took so long. Also, what would have been worse - him trying to play, dealing with the injury and possibly sitting out games. . . milking the year only to get paid and do it in the offseason. This is a completely selfless dude.

Most of the blame goes to Grigson. To not put any sort of line in front of him over his career is absolutely abysmal. You have potentially one of the greatest and smartest QBs to ever play the game and the team built around his was embarrassing - for the most part.

I've seen a lot on Schefter as well and have been back and forth on it myself. I've landed on it being his job to break news and report things like this so he can't be blamed. Just a shame that Luck had his own timeline and wasn't able to stick with it. Which, in turn, led to the crowd finding out and booing during the game. That's the biggest black eye, for me. It's not an indictment on all of Indy but it's a very bad look.

Either way, he made the right decision for himself as long as he will be happy and healthy moving forward. He's too much of a gamer for it not to be second guessed and that will eat at him but he'll be at peace. I'm sure we will still see him around the games too. Sounded like he was going to use their facilities to rehab still. I initially thought he'd be back in a couple years but I don't think he will.
Clown.Show.League

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

and, now, selfishly I will say that when I passed on him for Rodgers in my dynasty league start-up draft 5 years ago - I'm stoked!

Also, zero shares of him this year either.
Clown.Show.League

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Ocons wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm.

I've seen a lot on Schefter as well and have been back and forth on it myself. I've landed on it being his job to break news and report things like this so he can't be blamed. Just a shame that Luck had his own timeline and wasn't able to stick with it. Which, in turn, led to the crowd finding out and booing during the game. That's the biggest black eye, for me. It's not an indictment on all of Indy but it's a very bad look.
I don't blame shefter, personally. It's literally his job to break NFL news before anyone else. If he didn't break the news, I have no doubt someone else would have. Someone clearly wanted it out there. Rather, I'd blame whatever faceless coward leaked it to him. It always boggles my mind (but maybe it shouldn't) how individuals within an organization sabotage their own team/personnel to leak stuff to the media. Whether it be trade talks, internal issues, etc. But especially in Luck's case here: to ruin his timeline to share the news in a press conference the following day, which led to him getting booed from his own fans. That's a really shitty way to have to go out.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I've seen everyone's original comments before edited. Lolz. It would change this thread

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:59 pm I've seen everyone's original comments before edited. Lolz. It would change this thread
What does this even mean?

I still wish there was a mute button on this forum. . .
Clown.Show.League

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

GreenBear wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:37 pm
Ocons wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pmI've seen a lot on Schefter as well and have been back and forth on it myself. I've landed on it being his job to break news and report things like this so he can't be blamed. Just a shame that Luck had his own timeline and wasn't able to stick with it. Which, in turn, led to the crowd finding out and booing during the game. That's the biggest black eye, for me. It's not an indictment on all of Indy but it's a very bad look.
I don't blame shefter, personally. It's literally his job to break NFL news before anyone else. If he didn't break the news, I have no doubt someone else would have. Someone clearly wanted it out there. Rather, I'd blame whatever faceless coward leaked it to him. It always boggles my mind (but maybe it shouldn't) how individuals within an organization sabotage their own team/personnel to leak stuff to the media. Whether it be trade talks, internal issues, etc. But especially in Luck's case here: to ruin his timeline to share the news in a press conference the following day, which led to him getting booed from his own fans. That's a really shitty way to have to go out.
No doubt. I assume those people have to get something out of it. If a reporter would never reveal their sources, what's the incentive in leaking that?
Clown.Show.League

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Ocons wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 pm I still wish there was a mute button on this forum. . .
Lmao there is...
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ocons wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:59 pm I've seen everyone's original comments before edited. Lolz. It would change this thread

Same. I thought you went away when I made you my bitch 4-0 in the playoffs. Guess not

Can't get this fly away for some reason. What do I have to do?

Blames mods
Complains he doesn't have dds but has $$$ but still complains
Loses to better gm's
Loses free agents all the time because he sucks
Complains some more because he's bored
Rinse and repeat

Shit.. let's swat this loser gm away
Last edited by Andrewu91 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:52 am

Same. I thought you went away when I made you my bitch 4-0 in the playoffs. Guess not

Blames mods
Complains
Loses to better gm's
Loses free agents all the time
Complains some more

Shit
Yea so how bout that Andrew Luck guy huh crazy stuff right there
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:52 am

Blames mods
Complains
Loses to better gm's
Loses free agents all the time
Complains some more

Shit
Yea so how bout that Andrew Luck guy huh crazy stuff right there
Huh? Explain.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

He's trying to get back on subject...

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:38 am He's trying to get back on subject...
Oh okay lol
don't mind me. Ignore