League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lottery...

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Lottery...

Post by Marcos_Beck »

So..

New Orleans at #1 is just hitting jackpot. Can't ask for better, AD's instant replacement and one of the most hyped players ever in Zion.

Memphis got really lucky with #2 and should draft Morant and trade Conley somewhere. Maybe Utah? IDK

New York didn't get #1 but getting into the top 3 is lucky enough IMO. I think they have a really high shot at landing AD with a package like #3 (Barrett), DSJ, Mitch Robinson, Knox, 1st DAL 21'. I don't know how you view this one but their 3 guys all have very good upside + Barrett seems better than anything the Lakers can offer and there's another 1st rounder heading Nawlins. With a DSJ, Holiday, Barrett, Zion, Mitch group, the Pels are guaranteed a great future IMO.

LAs best shot is to draft Hunter as he's projected a perfect fit with LBJ and hope they can sign a big time FA. Keep all the young guys, try to put together a better fitting roster around LBJ. I just think they have no shot at trading for AD so bringing in Kyrie or Butler would be a huge win for them this summer.

The Cavs are a real mess and need anything. Culver has higher ceiling than Hunter IMO so they draft him here without thinking twice.

Phoenix could trade this pick for Conley or select one of Garland / White. They don't get Morant but do get what they need most, a good young PG to lead the offense.

My beloved Bulls draft 7th for the 3rd straight year, and I hope Phoenix selects Garland cause I LOVE what I've seen from White. He's not as good as a shooter, but Chicago has 3 high profile shooters in Zach, Otto and Lauri already, plus his shot is promising enough. What makes him intriguing is that he can play on and off, allowing LaVine to play both roles as well, plus he's lighting quick and draws A LOT of attentions on drives. He wasn't a fantastic drive and dish player out of college but he's got nice IQ so if he understands he has 4 good scoring options next to him, he'll be a great complement to Chicago's 5. And he defends better than Garland, plus at 6'5 can switch with LaVine at any matchup.
I'd love to see Chicago adding Rubio during offseason as well, he would be a great set up man. But White is really good and has a ton of upside.

Hawks at #8 get the last player I like in Reddish. He's better than what he's shown at Duke IMO and if nothing works out for him, at least a 3&D starting role he'll be able to play.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Lottery...

Post by emplep7 »

Top 3 is pretty set and I really think Morant will end up with the better career over Zion, but I could be wrong. The Lakers are going to do everything in their power to package #4 with Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and whoever else NOP wants for AD. They need to win now with LeBron or else it was a waste for them and he's calling the shots.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I see the Knicks blowing the #3 spot to be honest. They are the Knicks after all

Lakers are in a good spot overall. They can draft Barratt or there is this Garland, who will be really good. In the mold of Lou Williams/Lillard. I heard he already has a promise after the combine yesterday, in the lottery. I see Lakers taking him if the the Knicks don't mess up and Lakers are forced with a decision.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

The Knicks not getting #1 is a blessing in disguise. Zion will be solid but wasn't altering their franchise, regardless of the FA prize they win this off season. He may have never played in NY anyway as they ultimately will try and trade the pick for AD. The only negative is that NOP nabbed #1 and might now try and persuade AD to stick around.

The Knicks might even be better off drafting Barret and trying to get KD and Kemba - I'd say no to Kyrie. Barret can play both ends and was hyped as the surefire #1 pick less than a year ago. Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Either way, the whole thing is still rigged.
Clown.Show.League

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Zion is a franchise changer for a franchise that has a brain running the show at the top.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Lmao and that is not a knock on Kevin. I think the Knicks could have ruined the Zion experience because they are so incompetent at the top.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I think KD+Zion+ another star is too talented to fail. Especially if that other star is a team player who can handle the ball. Doesn't matter what happens after that, it's a contender in the east right off the bat. They have all those Dallas assets along with their own guys to fill out the rest of the team.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Rizzo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm Zion is a franchise changer for a franchise that has a brain running the show at the top.
He reminds me a of more athletic Julius Randle.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 pm
Rizzo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm Zion is a franchise changer for a franchise that has a brain running the show at the top.
He reminds me a of more athletic Julius Randle.
Please. Zion plays D. And he's WAY, WAY, WAY more athletic than Randle is IMO.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I think Rookie Zion should be roughly as good as Randle is now if not better. He's going to be an extremely tough cover for teams unable to match up physically.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah I think Zion will be better than Randle, but it will be interesting. If the Knicks pass on Barrett they are destined to always fail.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Yeah he will be better but their games are too similar. Randle is a little taller but Zion is better on defense and way more athletic.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Reminded me indeed a lot of Randle the first times I saw him play.
Hope he has a better understanding of how to play D (biggest problem with Randle, he always seemed to run to the wrong position) and he has already a much better 3pt shot joining the NBA.
He should turn in a way better player than Randle after 2-3 seasons. But who knows.

The draft was entertaining, I expect the FA the same.
Thanks god the east is a little more exciting this year. I stopped watching the NBA the last two years. If you know the outcome at the begin of the season it's not so much fun.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Suck it, Rizzo. hahaha. JK

Zion is no doubt the #1 pick. He is a lot better than Randle, too. I just think, for what he was going to be hyped as in NYC, he would have never lived up to that billing. He's a stud but not a franchise leader. Especially once he goes up against guys much more athletic than the ones he did in college every night.

Hopefully he ends up somewhere besides NOP because I don't think that will be all that exciting for the league.
Clown.Show.League