League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2018 NBA Free Agency

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: 2018 NBA Free Agency

Post by Flaming Homer »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 am Thinking Ingram, Randle(s&t), two first for Kawhi.

Zo
KCP
Kawhi
LeBron
Noel(with remaining cap space 10-12ish m)

Kuzma
Lance
Hart
Magee
Solid. Warriors in 5 though.
This lineup it could be.
The defensive potential could give even the Warriors problems but they would indeed still a little better. It goes at least 6 though :-)
And don't forget Houston, they got themselves a real team!

Raidercj
General Manager

Post by Raidercj »

Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm
Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 am Thinking Ingram, Randle(s&t), two first for Kawhi.

Zo
KCP
Kawhi
LeBron
Noel(with remaining cap space 10-12ish m)

Kuzma
Lance
Hart
Magee
Solid. Warriors in 5 though.
This lineup it could be.
The defensive potential could give even the Warriors problems but they would indeed still a little better. It goes at least 6 though :-)
And don't forget Houston, they got themselves a real team!
Maybe the rockets get the warriors in the round before us and they tire them out? One can dream anyways...
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

andrei wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:33 am Wow, I bet Myles is looking for a way to get those season tickets.

But I checked in 2010 and 2014 he announced around 10th July. But so fast now man. Means he is not convinced about the current team and wants them to get assets?
Funny you mentioned that, shortly after LeBron signed I turned to my girlfriend and said "well, looks like we aren't going to any Lakers games for a while now."

We've been a to a few games over the past four years or so, and even as trash as they've been (and after Kobe retired), the tickets were still $60 for the worst seat in the building, and $30 if you waited till game day to buy tickets. If you wanted actually good seats, and against a half decent opponent, you're looking at over $100 per ticket, easily. Even the crappy seats were $100+ if it was the Celtics or Warriors or similar caliber team. I can't imagine how much tickets will cost now.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Added my thoughts to the first post.

In regards to all the trade talks now for Kawhi and whatnot, I think the worst thing the Lakers could do would be to trade all their chips at once. If we are going to trade the young guys, getting just Kawhi won't be enough next to LeBron. Kemba and Kawhi is better, but I remain skeptical that the Lakers are going to go all in right now and trade off everyone for a chance at a title. I think they are going to play a slow game, and wait out the market for better value trades so they can really try and put a full team around LeBron, and not the stars and scrubs roster he's had his whole career.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I think LeBron's signing this year was always going to be all about non-basketball reasons. The dude doesn't really have anything left to prove on the court, so I'm not at all surprised to see him in LA.

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

Love the signing of Rondo, couldn't get any better than teaming up LeBron & Rondo honestly. That defensive backcourt is going to be brutal on Curry/Klay...Rondo/KCP...gotta love it.

OMG BOOGIE SIGNED WITH THE WARRIORS.
In need of a home

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

Game.Fucking.Over.Set.Match.
In need of a home

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

This is just hilarious now. Good night league

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Holy shit this off-season is wild ...
Much better than the boring season ... unfortunately another boring season coming up.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Let's enjoy CSL.
And you all complain about DDS3 engine, at least it doesn't allow stupid super-teams to succeed. You gotta build a real TEAM here.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

NBA is cancelled.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

This is so upsetting to be honest.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Boogie going to GSW for 1yr/ $5.3M is reminiscent of here in the CSL when every star player wanted to go to SAC regardless of money

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Lakers should really consider signing Dwight Howard honestly.

Cancer or not Rondo LeBron Dwight is still a great defensive core and they could still shut that GSW shit down imo especially if they go all out and trade for Kawhi.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Let me be the odd one here as usually and say that the celebrations about Warriors are premature. DMC is a JR Smith on steroid type of a nut job. I've watched a few NOP games earlier last season and he is a black hole on offense whose only decent quality for the Warriors will be his impressive rebounding. But he also launched like 6+ threes as a C in NOP with unbelievable 5 TOs per game. I bet in less than 10 games he will complain to the press about how he is not involved in the offense more despite all the sacrifices and then start bricking threes like crazy.

What has he done in his career so far? Nothing is the right answer. Sacto dumped him for scrubs, NOP was non-playoffs team with him and became one of the best teams in the league record wise after his injury.

While I hope it is going to work out for him and GSW, their success is build so much on chemistry. And now?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

On a one year deal GSW can always just dump him in January if he behaves like that and pick up a bought out centre before the deadline.

Upside Cousins sorts his attitude out and this team just wreck the league.

Massive win here for GSW.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

yes, exactly - 1 year small contract is easy win for GSW. I just don't feel ''the season is over'' discussions are timely before DMC proves that he can bring some Ws not only fancy numbers (similar story to Dwight in LA and IT in Cleveland last year)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Also, are the Lakers preparing to trade Lonzo with that Rondo signing? Or how will it work?

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I hope not. But that was what a lot of people expected in case of a LeBron signing. Trade all young players for vets. Not a fan of that and would prefer they develop at least a few alongside the vets.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

You're right Andrei, the "season is over" talks when DMC signed were mistimed. The season is actually already over, and has been over since July 4th, 2016 when KD signed. This is just throwing salt in the wound.