League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Ready to See the Lakers Get the Number One Pick Tonight?

lakeshowak7
CEO

Re: Ready to See the Lakers Get the Number One Pick Tonight?

Post by lakeshowak7 »

WillyJakkz wrote:"With the 11th pick in the 2016 draft, the Orlando selects:
Thon Maker

If I were GM irl at least. He'll be the best player when it's all said and done in this draft.
How long will we have to wait to find out if this holds true? He's the type of player that is legit 2-3 years away from being 2 years away, if you will.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

So pissed the Celtics got 3rd pick. I was praying for top 2 and of course the ping pong balls don't bounce in our favor. No idea who I want the Celtics to take now but it doesn't matter, I want them to trade it away.

If we do keep it, I liked Chad Ford's newest lock for the Celtics. Had us taking Jamal Murray at 3, Ante Zizic and 16 and Thon Maker at 23. I think if we want Maker he's going to have to be taken at 16. Maker can be our project here while Zizic can stay overseas and develop.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
Thon Maker

If I were GM irl at least. He'll be the best player when it's all said and done in this draft.
How long will we have to wait to find out if this holds true? He's the type of player that is legit 2-3 years away from being 2 years away, if you will.
I would draft him and wouldn't look back. Let him take time and develop, trade Gordon or Oladipo or something for a slightly older vet piece or keep them sign Harrison Barnes to offer sheet and take it from there.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF S Barnes |
PF J Isaac | C M Williams

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

WillyJakkz wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:
Thon Maker

I would draft him and wouldn't look back. Let him take time and develop, trade Gordon or Oladipo or something for a slightly older vet piece or keep them sign Harrison Barnes to offer sheet and take it from there.
I think Gordon is a stud. I dont see the hype about Thon tbh. He might never make everything click. However his potential is off the charts. Idk if hes going in the lottery tho.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

I really hope 76ers will pick the 7'1'' Croatian Dragan Bender :D He is only 18! Already played pro basketball. (Kristaps Porzingis 2.0) :idea:

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

NuggOlesk wrote:I really hope 76ers will pick the 7'1'' Croatian Dragan Bender :D He is only 18! Already played pro basketball. (Kristaps Porzingis 2.0) :idea:
With the Celtics drafting at #3 this would make me very, very happy!
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

So Hinkie was a genius after all?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

andrei wrote:So Hinkie was a genius after all?

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The Sixers were rewarded for bringing in the Colangelo's by getting the 1st pick. All they had to do was get rid of Hinkie and the NBA gave them what they wanted. Now we're hopefully on the upswing.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

I don't understand you people.. siting on a toilet and shitting, after that you see shit in the toilet...you must be a genius?

You could have a monkey in Hinkies place, 76ers would still get that 1st pick, would the monkey be a genius as well? :lol:

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

emplep7 wrote:The Sixers were rewarded for bringing in the Colangelo's by getting the 1st pick. All they had to do was get rid of Hinkie and the NBA gave them what they wanted. Now we're hopefully on the upswing.

Sad to see people saying fix after every small matter. If a real fix happens, no smart person will listen to you, as you are calling everything a fix. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

NuggOlesk wrote:
I don't understand you people.. siting on a toilet and shitting, after that you see shit in the toilet...you must be a genius?

You could have a monkey in Hinkies place, 76ers would still get that 1st pick, would the monkey be a genius as well? :lol:
Look at the bottom line dude. His tenure resulted in a very very good team starting from next year plus plenty of future assets left. With Embiid back and 1st pick, Okafor, Noel, Saric etc thats more assets than most of your playoff teams. +2 more picks in this years draft. Pretty good stuff
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

How anyone (besides the NBA) can think that Hinkie did a poor job is beyond me. He has put the 76ers in a position to be very, very good in the future with the amount of assets he has collected. The NBA obviously hates what he's done because he's basically made a franchise irrelevant for about five seasons but look at them now? Embiid, Noel, Okafor, Saric, Simmons/Ingram with a couple other first this year is a great collection.

With that said, does Philly want Marcus Smart for Embiid?
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I think they can do much better than Smart if they ever explored trading Embiid.

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

NuggOlesk wrote:
emplep7 wrote:The Sixers were rewarded for bringing in the Colangelo's by getting the 1st pick. All they had to do was get rid of Hinkie and the NBA gave them what they wanted. Now we're hopefully on the upswing.

Sad to see people saying fix after every small matter. If a real fix happens, no smart person will listen to you, as you are calling everything a fix. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
Haha, if a real fix happens nobody would ever know except high level NBA officials. I'm starting to think you are Adam Silver with how badly you defend the NBA. If so, thank you Adam for the good lottery "luck". The Sixers won't let you down anymore.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

andrei wrote: Look at the bottom line dude. His tenure resulted in a very very good team starting from next year plus plenty of future assets left. With Embiid back and 1st pick, Okafor, Noel, Saric etc thats more assets than most of your playoff teams. +2 more picks in this years draft. Pretty good stuff
Look dude, bottom line is, he didn't do it. He just let scrubbs lose games and get good pick, that doesn't need skill. Take random team that has his own pick for 4 years, just don't resign good players, sign random scrubbs, play scrubbs big minutes, you have the same result. WOW :idea:
Pretty good stuff :lol: :lol:

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

emplep7 wrote:Haha, if a real fix happens nobody would ever know except high level NBA officials. I'm starting to think you are Adam Silver with how badly you defend the NBA. If so, thank you Adam for the good lottery "luck". The Sixers won't let you down anymore.
Yeah, everything is fixed, 1% rules the world, police is bought, coverment is bought, NBA is fixed, all sport is fixed, wars are just ways to get people look the other way on other problems and so on...
Good luck! Interesting you watch that fixed league, why follow it? You help them by that. Boycott the NBA :idea:

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

NuggOlesk wrote:
emplep7 wrote:Haha, if a real fix happens nobody would ever know except high level NBA officials. I'm starting to think you are Adam Silver with how badly you defend the NBA. If so, thank you Adam for the good lottery "luck". The Sixers won't let you down anymore.
Yeah, everything is fixed, 1% rules the world, police is bought, coverment is bought, NBA is fixed, all sport is fixed, wars are just ways to get people look the other way on other problems and so on...
Good luck! Interesting you watch that fixed league, why follow it? You help them by that. Boycott the NBA :idea:
It is the entertainment industry after all. It wouldn't be entertaining if it didn't have some controversy, but I appreciate your support Mr. Silver.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Great Hinkie was able to accumulate the assets he did for Philly, they knew the plan going into it but brilliant they now have Jerry Colangelo to now flip those assets into a great team, that's his m.o., not too many better at that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cousins in Philly with another execllent player.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF S Barnes |
PF J Isaac | C M Williams