League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

It has happened before, but not often.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

It has happened before, but not often.

Post by NuggOlesk »

Joel Anthony got traded to Houston, then Houston traded him to 76ers, 76ers cut him. No back to Detroit to his old contract. Why?

Detroit didn't like Donatas Motiejunas back issues, after Detroit doctors looked his back. Trade voided.

Marcus Thornton also is back to Detroit, will be interesting practise, when Marcus Thornton and Joel Anthony are back with team. :P (I like them both so I hope they use it as motivation and play good in Detroit.)

Last time it was Tyson Chandler trade with NOP and OKC, where OKC did'n like his foot injury. Tyson got healthy and won Title with Mavs. Will Motiejunas also rise or are his back issues too much for him?

BTW we should also have this (but on a other level, as our injuries are what cpu says, but), when a player is injured in the sim after trade (but where he plays for the old team). Then new team can also ask to void the trade. :D

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: It has happened before, but not often.

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I think we're in a completely different "world" than NBA since injuries in DDS are pretty much random but they don't ruin a player's career so no need to void any trades because of injuries. I'm sure Detroit would have done it if not for the fact that not only Motiejuna's season but his career is also in risk because of back issues.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: It has happened before, but not often.

Post by andrei »

Players Union are trying to deal with this i heard. Donatas claims that his reputation suffered which is not good with his upcoming free agency
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!